Page 8 of 84 FirstFirst ... 3456789101112131858 ... LastLast
    upgrade UPGRADE!!
    Last edited by jyaden24; 04/20/2010 at 10:52 PM.
    Quote Originally Posted by Soorma View Post
    The palm C40 is going to be quite the device. Naturally we are talking 4G and flash. The device will be "naturally simple" in harware as the pre, but you won't confuse the 2 phones haha. Bigger screen 1ghz processor and a new "breed" of webOS made exclusively for 4G. If you are a webOS fan this will be your dessert. Late summer/early fall 2010----"

And if you read his other posts, this guy is very, very accurate.

Thanks Jackson!
    The fact that the hardware is mentioned as being like the Pre is pretty scary actually.
    Global Posts
    73 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by 6tr6tr View Post
    The fact that the hardware is mentioned as being like the Pre is pretty scary actually.
    They probably just mean Pre like in design.

I'd image it's just a thiner, better built Pre with a larger screen and more powerful internals.

I like the actual design of the Pre, it's the build quality that is the issue.
    Global Posts
    301 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by zerohaste View Post
    They probably just mean Pre like in design.

I'd image it's just a thiner, better built Pre with a larger screen and more powerful internals.

I like the actual design of the Pre, it's the build quality that is the issue.

Agree 100%. Also wish it was a bit snappier but the increase in memory should help with that.
    Sprint Phones owned since Fall of 2001: Samsung I300, Samsung I330, Samsung I500, Treo 600, Treo 650, Treo 700p, Centro, 800w, Palm Pre, Samsung Epic and now the HTC 3D EVO.
    Well i can tell you guys right now that I will buy the c40 no matter what it looks like and what issues it has. I bought an iPad for ****s and giggles and just from using it for a few weeks.. its total garbage. People who use iPhones never seen the light.. they probably never will. Its such a pain to run 3 apps each one at a time.. only to be able to do something thats built into our phones. I will be there.. bright and early on june!
    Quote Originally Posted by PreMaster View Post
    Well i can tell you guys right now that I will buy the c40 no matter what it looks like and what issues it has. I bought an iPad for ****s and giggles and just from using it for a few weeks.. its total garbage. People who use iPhones never seen the light.. they probably never will. Its such a pain to run 3 apps each one at a time.. only to be able to do something thats built into our phones. I will be there.. bright and early on june!
    same here man!
    Juan

2010-2011 Champions!

Quote Originally Posted by Finally Pre View Post
    Here is what I see (hope) happening.

Dateline June 1 2010'
    Top headlines:

Sprint closes deal with Walmart.
    Walmart agrees to 800 "store towers" in first 3 months.
    Verizon files for bank protaction

Apple sues Palms suppiers

RIM closes for June 2nd to have all RIM employees block Sprint locations and hand out free BB

Lastly, highlight all text above for the hidden best parts in white text.

hahahah highlight it so you can see hidden txt.... classic.. haven't done that in a LOOOOOOONNG time
    I need the physical keyboard. I want a virtual keyboard for landscape mode however!
    c40 should be:
    4.5 - 5" screen
    kickstand
    4g
    extra sd slot
    hdmi port
    removable physical keyboard
    super speaker for movies
    front facing camera w/ flash
    snapdragon or better
    the best resolution available
    and don't let go of gesture area FTW!!!
    Why would anyone want a 5" screen?

A guy here at work has that HTC that has a 5" screen. That thing is awful. Its just too big.

A 4" would be perfect.
    i just got a mailer from sprint today that says "Pamper your Palm" and its saying how all of the accessories are up to 25% off, AND THEN if u buy 2 or more of them u recieve an additional 20% off, then at the bottom in smaller letters "Hurry, while supplies last."... this shows that they r clearing out the shelves of all Pre/Pixi accessories, and by logical deduction this means that they r going to be paving the way for new accessories in all reality for a new device. however i feel like this is a 3-6 month advance to get their shelves empty of whatever they have left, but this just shows me that something is on the way and soon... anyone agree or am i just thinking too much into it?
    sorry spartacus, didn't mean to offenend you . Iam just trying to say we should get the best technology out there at the time of launch. That's all!!
    Quote Originally Posted by spartacus1882 View Post
    Why would anyone want a 5" screen?

A guy here at work has that HTC that has a 5" screen. That thing is awful. Its just too big.

A 4" would be perfect.
    TWSS
    Palm history: II, IIIc, Kyocera 7135, Treo 650, Centro, Pre, FrankenPre+, (legit) Pre+ & TouchPad.
    Quote Originally Posted by PreMaster View Post
    I'd love to be able to buy an ipad for ****s and giggles. I like the ipad from m limited time I've played with a friends. It is not garbage by any means. Best touch screen I have ever seen and used and really quick. With that said I will be happy to buy a C40 the day it comes out if it comes out.
    I feel like I'm the only one hoping that the C40 is just a hype creator and Palm actually has multiple advances in store:

1. Killing the Pixi because that thing is the biggest cluster#$%@ of a phone that I've ever seen.
    2. Release the Pre2 or something of that nature that stays true to the Pre's size but with an elongated screen (3.5"?), a "squarish" design that is still somehow like a riverstone (Palm is usually able to work out miracles), and under that a QWERTY that uses its space better and is more Pixi-esque (remember they chucked that thing?).
    3. Make that device exclusive to Sprint since I love to make my Verizon friends jealous
    4. Release a tablet device that rises from the dumpsters used to hold all of Palm's failed Foleo prototypes. Ya' know. Just because tablets are sweet and WebOS can easily be adapted for such.
    5. NO VIRTUAL KEYBOARD!!!! This is the area for the homebrew community to mess with but is a big no touchey touchey for Palm. Virtual keyboards are terrible and provide an inconsistent experience when used with physical ones and also screws with the UI making things move around especially on our list-centric phones. The virtual keyboard is that main reason I'm not on AT&T using an iPhone right now. The only virtual keyboard that I think is okayish is the HTC built Android keyboard which just is nice and does stuff that actually takes advantage of screen real-estate.

I'm very very very patiently waiting for MR. Glove to show us a bright new world of awesomeness
    hey spartacus why would anyone want a 72 inch tv...right???
    Quote Originally Posted by rudyrude432 View Post
    hey spartacus why would anyone want a 72 inch tv...right???
    you carry a 72" tv in your pocket?
    About a week ago i had a problem with the power button on my pre so i took it into a sprint store get it replaced. When the girl behind the counter brought me my new pre she opened it up and took the back cover (wrapped separately) out of the box. It looked strange to me so i moved a little closer to see what was different about it.. I noticed it was definitely not for a pre .. maybe a pixi but looked much to big, but the exact shape as a pixi with a matte finish and palm logo... when the girl noticed me staring so long she looked at the back cover then snatched it up very quickly and took it to her manager and said "look what they sent with his pre" then they both looked up at me and the manager threw the battery cover into his drawer very fast as if he didn't want me to look at it anymore. They both smiled and went back to work like it never happened. SO obviously i had to ask what the heck the whole scene was all about . The girl told me in a very mysterious way it was for 'another' phone. I asked "what kind of phone?". She replied " uhm.... a palm pro?". I said " a treo 850?" she said yes that's the one.. then the manager chimed in "yes! that's what that case was for" . i rolled my eyes trying to convey that i am no dummy.. when i got home i looked for pictures of the treo 850.. though it does have the same candybar shape this cover had all smooth edges not like the pro with a protrusion at the bottom.
    This is just a weird story that happend to me last week. I'm not saying it was for a new palm phone and i have no idea how they would let a back cover get mixed up in a replacement phone box but the facts are the sprint employees knew something about this piece of plastic and they did not want me to know what they knew. and this cover did not belong to a Pixi, pre or treo pro based on my observations.. oh and the camera opening was also in the upper middle like the pixi and treo and i also noticed the sides did not wrap around as much as the pre or pixi. Maybe a thinner slider? who knows.
    Quote Originally Posted by gmleonar View Post
    ... this shows that they r clearing out the shelves of all Pre/Pixi accessories, and by logical deduction this means that they r going to be paving the way for new accessories in all reality for a new device...
    ...or having a "Going Out of Business Sale." God, I hope not.
    Quote Originally Posted by GarrettQ View Post
    you carry a 72" tv in your pocket?
    (in a ******** person voice) you carry a 72" in tv in your pocket...duhhh!! Lmao.
Page 8 of 84 FirstFirst ... 3456789101112131858 ... LastLast