Page 79 of 84 FirstFirst ... 29697475767778798081828384 LastLast
Results 1,561 to 1,580 of 1662
    Global Posts
    716 Global Posts
    It makes sense that if a device can not handle the new OS, that they will not allow the new OS on the older hardware. Now, the Sprint Pixi may fall into that category, and perhaps even the Sprint Pre due to memory limitations.

The Pre Plus SHOULD be able to handle WebOS 2.0, and it is up for grabs if the Pixi Plus will get it or not.

It is possible that Palm will make cut-back versions of WebOS 2.0 for the devices that can't handle the full version, but we will need to wait and see.
    If they would rewrite the UI to take advantage of the GPU, then even our lowly Sprint Pre's could handle a significant OS update.
    Global Posts
    71 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Targon View Post
    It makes sense that if a device can not handle the new OS, that they will not allow the new OS on the older hardware. Now, the Sprint Pixi may fall into that category, and perhaps even the Sprint Pre due to memory limitations.

The Pre Plus SHOULD be able to handle WebOS 2.0, and it is up for grabs if the Pixi Plus will get it or not.

It is possible that Palm will make cut-back versions of WebOS 2.0 for the devices that can't handle the full version, but we will need to wait and see.
    It's not so much that the device can't handle the updated OS, it's just that the new device will probably have new hardware to take advantage of the updated OS. Why would you want to update to a new OS that doesn't give your old hardware anything new? Just like first gen iPhone owners like me who won't see iOS 4 on our devices since we don't have a front-facing camera, no video recording, no HSPA, etc... it'll just bloat the OS, and device more lol. I would just be happy with an update to fix bugs and make the OS more stable :]. If WebOS does get GPU acceleration then there should be no problem what-so-ever if people wanted to port 2.0 to the first gen Pre.
    Global Posts
    215 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by jbg7474 View Post
    Wish I had a reference for you, but I believe I've read that the next version will be available for existing devices.
    WebOS 2.0 will be available to Pre and Pixi's.
    Sprint Palm 2 - Developer Mode - 2.1.0
    Hi all,

This thread is so long, that I'm a little lost...What is the latest on C 40 or what ever they will call it, is it still on Sprint???? Since there a rumor that V will carry something called the roadrunner.

Then again, I have heard/read rumors that roadrunner is a tablet not a phone or vice versa.

Please someone just give me an update on this thread!

Thanks,

Jay
    Please Support Research into Fibromyalgia, Chronic Pain and Spinal Injuries. If You Suffer from These, Consider Joining or Better Yet Forming a Support Group. No One Should Suffer from the Burden of Chronic Pain, Jay M. S. Founder, Leesburg Fibromyalgia/Resources Group
    Global Posts
    347 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by NitOxYs View Post
    WebOS 2.0 will be available to Pre and Pixi's.
    And where do you get this info? The only thing i can think of that could hurt those chances are the display limitations but maybe i am overlooking something?....do you know something we dont?
    Devices used: Palm VIIx - Tungsten T - Tungsten T3 - HP ipaq 4155 - Tungsten T5 - BB 7520 - Treo 650 - Treo 700wx - Treo 755p - Q9c - BB 8130 - Treo 800w - HTC Touch Pro - BB 8330 - BB 8520 - HTC HD2 - Palm Pre
    Global Posts
    79 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by ehehat View Post
    And where do you get this info? The only thing i can think of that could hurt those chances are the display limitations but maybe i am overlooking something?....do you know something we dont?
    NitOxYs' source was the "...white glove guy who showed off EVO a week before reveal"... That's his source.
    Global Posts
    79 Global Posts
    While new hardware(s) is(are) exciting, how will HPalm attract an army of developers? I hope HPalm backups their promise, and market WebOS to its full potential.

I have a fruit phone4 for business, and a Pre as well, the fruit phone4's notification interface annoys the crap out of me, seriously, it's really really annoying. Have you guys had two meetings, back to back, or during the same hour, and it shows only one?!? The other only shows up if you delete the early entry. For a business user, do you know how many meetings are on the same hour with web/phone/video call-ins?

The only positive thing about the fruit phone, the battery life is acceptable with a full day of use.

Come on HPalm, there are over 130k views for this thread, award those who are patient, or trap by Sprint's contract, with steep discounts for upgrades. hahaha
    Global Posts
    215 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by ehehat View Post
    Palm has WebOS 2.0 on the Pre already so, I'm guessing there isn't a limitation. When my source said WebOS 2.0 devices, he also mentioned every current and future device running it.
    Sprint Palm 2 - Developer Mode - 2.1.0
    Quote Originally Posted by ilovedessert View Post
    Hi all,

This thread is so long, that I'm a little lost...What is the latest on C 40 or what ever they will call it, is it still on Sprint???? Since there a rumor that V will carry something called the roadrunner.

Then again, I have heard/read rumors that roadrunner is a tablet not a phone or vice versa.

Please someone just give me an update on this thread!

Thanks,

Jay
    HI all,

Can someone, just let me know what is the latest on the "C 40" situation & Sprint?

Thanks and take care,

Jay
    Please Support Research into Fibromyalgia, Chronic Pain and Spinal Injuries. If You Suffer from These, Consider Joining or Better Yet Forming a Support Group. No One Should Suffer from the Burden of Chronic Pain, Jay M. S. Founder, Leesburg Fibromyalgia/Resources Group
    Quote Originally Posted by LCGuy View Post
    Its still in another thread. likely deleted by the moderators for duplication.
    Bingo... http://forums.precentral.net/future-...ml#post2620401

If any of you have a question about moderator action PM a mod rather then muck up a thread with questions.

<<Posts deleted>>
    Sprint|Samsung Epic
    You would think that 2.0 would be available to Pre's, just that the extra's would be disabled that the Pre can't handle.
    Quote Originally Posted by Zen00 View Post
    You would think that 2.0 would be available to Pre's, just that the extra's would be disabled that the Pre can't handle.
    That's certainly the trend with most of the more modern OSes.
    this thread started April...
    He's talking about the anniversary of the first hints of the C40.
    if the thread title is C40 and started in April, how is that not indicating the first info happened in April?
    Run your ad here... reach thousands daily...

...Now accepting orders for my upcoming iHandle™.
    Reserve yours today!
    Quote Originally Posted by Workerb33 View Post
    if the thread title is C40 and started in April, how is that not indicating the first info happened in April?
    This is a bit reminding me of 'if a tree fell in the woods and no one heard it, did it make a sound?'

Who's flying this thing?
    Posted 04/13/2010, 05:36 PM

so its the birthday of Derrik's article..

Quote Originally Posted by burgertime View Post
    ((Please delete if this has been posted already, I did a quick sloppy search and didn't see it))

A guy over on Android Forums and Sprint Forums who leaked a ton of (correct) info has been saying this about the C40

I know this doesn't count as news really, but he was spot on about the Supersonic/Evo before any of the info came out about it. So I think it's pretty safe to say now that the c40 is in fact a 4g Sprint device. Now hopefully they have a better keyboard then the Pre.

Source: Android Forums - View Single Post - Official HTC EVO 4G / WiMAX Thread
    Run your ad here... reach thousands daily...

...Now accepting orders for my upcoming iHandle™.
    Reserve yours today!
    Rahul Sood tweeted:

"hey maybe ya'll should get a job at Palm/HP - start applying now if you want early access to stuff :-P"
    The Original Owner of the AT&T Pre3
    I would, but my only marketable skills right now is sales and chemistry, none of which Palm wants.