Page 77 of 84 FirstFirst ... 27677273747576777879808182 ... LastLast
Results 1,521 to 1,540 of 1662
    Global Posts
    442 Global Posts
    yeah the Roadrunner HD rumor seems a little more believable.

So I wonder if they are going to try and release 2 phones at once? Roadrunner (to replace the pixi) and Roadrunner HD (to replace the Pre). Obviously the official name won't be Roadrunner.
    This hasn't been mentioned much recently, but I wonder if the new phone(s) will have a compass/gyroscope.
    Global Posts
    100 Global Posts
    i've been wondering that myself. Seems like there's some good functionality to be had with a compass, but can't work with the magnets of the touchstone backing. So are webos phone owners gonna just sacrifice any compass related apps?

honestly small price to pay IMO for the benefit of webos, but wonder what the gameplan is for this topic...
    I could be wrong, but I thought that the Touchstone back has just metal discs, and the magnets are in the Touchstone. It was my understanding that the large copper coil on the Touchstone back would be more of an issue.
    Global Posts
    215 Global Posts
    Apparently there will be 2 WebOS PHONES running 2.0. They will respectively replace the Palm Pre and Pixi (Pluses too). My source (As you guys know from the C40 Thread) told me after a ton of bugging him (I think he hates me now :|) that apparently at the end of September/Early October Palm will release the successor to the Pre and then in November release the successor to the Pixi. Also they are going to try something Samsung is doing.. a multi-carrier launch.
    Sprint Palm 2 - Developer Mode - 2.1.0
    Quote Originally Posted by NitOxYs View Post
    Apparently there will be 2 WebOS PHONES running 2.0. They will respectively replace the Palm Pre and Pixi (Pluses too). My source (As you guys know from the C40 Thread) told me after a ton of bugging him (I think he hates me now :|) that apparently at the end of September/Early October Palm will release the successor to the Pre and then in November release the successor to the Pixi. Also they are going to try something Samsung is doing.. a multi-carrier launch.
    That would be so cool if it happened, since my prediction would be right... Except for the 1.5 part... I thought palm would just jump strait to 2.0 for 1.4.5 or 1.4 depending on when verizon gets ready to upgrade ...

edit: and also, I get that a 1ghz single core processor would be a big jump, but i don't see myself spending $600 on it.
    @NitOxYs any idea if "successor to the Pixi" means just a small upgrade to the Pixi (like 320 x 480 screen like the first Road Runner log) or a nice big upgrade? Same formfactor?
    Global Posts
    215 Global Posts
    I was going to make a new thread, but just decided to post in here. Also, it's quite possible that the Pixi replacement will have the same resolution as the Pre. They are going to scale applications up for the pixel density. It would make total sense them keeping the resolutions stated in the news (320x480 and 640x960). That way you could scale for each device. I told you prior that it would be an IPS screen and I still believe that remains true on the Pre successor.
    I was going to make a new thread, but just decided to post in here. Also, it's quite possible that the Pixi replacement will have the same resolution as the Pre. They are going to scale applications up for the pixel density. It would make total sense them keeping the resolutions stated in the news (320x480 and 640x960). That way you could scale for each device. I told you prior that it would be an IPS screen and I still believe that remains true on the Pre successor.
    China sources also confirm it's IPS, exactly the one apple uses before apple settled the deal but apple landed iphone4 much faster
    Woohoo, now if only Verizon reviewed updates as quickly as Sprint, I'd think about switching to them....
    Global Posts
    215 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by QuarlesLT View Post
    Woohoo, now if only Verizon reviewed updates as quickly as Sprint, I'd think about switching to them....
    Stick with Sprint.
    My only issue with Sprint is coverage sucks at my house, and no high-speed Internet available to use an Airave with. I've worked around it by using the Alltel PRL trick, but that means I'm always roaming, and Sprint may notice soon.
    Quote Originally Posted by LemonadeRDX View Post
    Well, pics happened to be lingering around during the dinner time. I am waiting for some description too.

OK, from what people see in those pics

There's a small sized pre aiming at the female market
    Much smaller than pre, basically the same design
    glass screen
    no flash no speaker (at least from the pic)

From rumors
    this small sized pre will come in a variety of colors
    2.6"
    Any chance those pics resurfaced?
    Global Posts
    71 Global Posts
    Nice. Lol, don't overdo it on your source, after all he/she/they has/have been nice to you :].

I am guessing that WebOS 1.5 will be the last firmware update for the current devices, and leave 2.0 for the upcoming ones. HP/Palm should be smart and do the announcement when Nokia announces the N9 . Multi-carrier FTW, however, I'm feeling a little chill about how they are going to do this. If they do it the right way, then there should only be one device model (World Edition/Global just like the upcoming devices from other companies) for all carriers. But, if they do it the wrong way, then it'll end up just like the Galaxy S. Carriers should just leave the device as is, and only put "bloated software" to leave the device as the OEM did it/wanted it to look/feel like.
    Quote Originally Posted by QuarlesLT View Post
    Any chance those pics resurfaced?
    No. instead, many claimed sources (all of them have some posts before in Chinese forums) disappeared rather mysteriously, altogether with their info. Currently, only one remains and he was only able to leak out mostly year 2009's info in a piecemeal fashion(as claimed, he can't even make much of his 2009 info available)

I will assume Palm either runs a mafia or a suuuuper serious NDA (you should understand how hard it is to actually implement NDA in China)
    Global Posts
    215 Global Posts
    The Pixi replacement I was told was going to be bigger than the Pre's but not by much. I'm thinking a 3.2" screen.
    Global Posts
    71 Global Posts
    The Pixi replacement I was told was going to be bigger than the Pre's but not by much. I'm thinking a 3.2" screen.
    So pretty much the next Pixi will become the current Pre but with some revamp, while the next Pre will be the beast :]. Anything more in regards to the next Pre? Hopefully T-Mobile gets it with HSPA/HSPA+ :] since I don't like AT&T's 2GB data cap lol. However, I'm doubting it since T-Mobile's roadmap was leaked and didn't show the Pre. So I'm guessing that only Verizon and Sprint will be launching it with 4G :]?
    Quote Originally Posted by LemonadeRDX View Post
    No. instead, many claimed sources (all of them have some posts before in Chinese forums) disappeared rather mysteriously, altogether with their info. Currently, only one remains and he was only able to leak out mostly year 2009's info in a piecemeal fashion(as claimed, he can't even make much of his 2009 info available)

I will assume Palm either runs a mafia or a suuuuper serious NDA (you should understand how hard it is to actually implement NDA in China)
    I'm leaning towards the mafia... the Palm Posse.
    my question is why release the pre replacement first? Why not release the pixi replacement then the pre? Just seems more logical, at least to me.
    Pre was out first, people who bought the Pixi with contract aren't eligible for upgrade until later