Page 76 of 84 FirstFirst ... 26667172737475767778798081 ... LastLast
Results 1,501 to 1,520 of 1662
    this thread needs to be renamed c40 anticipation thread or something
    Quote Originally Posted by stung View Post
    this thread needs to be renamed c40 anticipation thread or something
    Theres all the c40 info you could possibly want, you just have to figure which post is right, and which one is wrong, and your set!
    Global Posts
    49 Global Posts
    I really wish they wont do the same thing with the next palm device as they did with the first one.. Let's get it out to all carriers
    more info from other sites stating they have confermation that the Palm C40 or whatever it will be called is being prepped by HP this fall.

HP is preparing a smartphone slider Palm C40 | Touchscreen Mobile

the way they at touchscreenmoblie make it seem like its been confermed, they even list specs (of course minus the artwork showing what the phone will look like) any guesses?
    Quote Originally Posted by wellwellwell11 View Post
    more info from other sites stating they have confermation that the Palm C40 or whatever it will be called is being prepped by HP this fall.

HP is preparing a smartphone slider Palm C40 | Touchscreen Mobile

the way they at touchscreenmoblie make it seem like its been confermed, they even list specs (of course minus the artwork showing what the phone will look like) any guesses?
    That page is completely incorrect. They used this information for that.

http://fc09.deviantart.net/fs71/i/20..._DavidVogt.jpg
    Quote Originally Posted by rwhitby View Post
    We always prefer that people donate in response to tangible items they can use today, rather than for intangible promises about the future that may or may not be possible to achieve.
    Quote Originally Posted by nimer55 View Post
    I meant if it's single core snapdragon... Omap4 is definetly a big step-up...

But the gpu thing doesn't make a difference, cause my pre would also be updated.
    Actually, I think an OMAP3 running at 1 ghz is faster than a Snapdragon. The Droid X is faster than the Evo 4G in benchmarks.

So if the next phone comes with a Snapdragon (it won't), it will actually be slower than a Pre/Pre Plus clocked at 1 ghz.
    Palm Vx -> Treo 600 -> Treo 700p -> Centro -> Pre (Launch Phone 06/06/09) -> AT&T Pre Plus with Sprint EVDO swap -> Samsung Epic 4G w/ Froyo
    Quote Originally Posted by Jakeeeee View Post
    That page is completely incorrect. They used this information for that.

http://fc09.deviantart.net/fs71/i/20..._DavidVogt.jpg
    thats what I stated in the post that they used the mockup from the precentral user who made the pics. I stated just additional life of this device being stated elseware, nothing offical of course, but they quote like its been confermed thats all.
    Global Posts
    49 Global Posts
    I would think that RAM is getting a bump.. we already have 512MB. Might as well bump it up to a gig
    Quote Originally Posted by TrevMoore View Post
    I would think that RAM is getting a bump.. we already have 512MB. Might as well bump it up to a gig
    Hi,

Agreed, these days RAM memory is so in inexpensive, that they can just keep adding more!

Take care,

Jay
    Please Support Research into Fibromyalgia, Chronic Pain and Spinal Injuries. If You Suffer from These, Consider Joining or Better Yet Forming a Support Group. No One Should Suffer from the Burden of Chronic Pain, Jay M. S. Founder, Leesburg Fibromyalgia/Resources Group
    i agree too I think the min should be a gig just due to how the OS has to truly multitask, with it and a strong Cpu And GPU chip the next device will have no flaws technology wise
    Quote Originally Posted by wellwellwell11 View Post
    i agree too I think the min should be a gig just due to how the OS has to truly multitask, with it and a strong Cpu And GPU chip the next device will have no flaws technology wise
    Hi,

OK we just designed now they have to due is build it!

Take care,

Jay
    Please Support Research into Fibromyalgia, Chronic Pain and Spinal Injuries. If You Suffer from These, Consider Joining or Better Yet Forming a Support Group. No One Should Suffer from the Burden of Chronic Pain, Jay M. S. Founder, Leesburg Fibromyalgia/Resources Group
    One thing I don't like about the way that the current Pre slides is the curve, if they could remove that in the next one (if it's a slider) and make it slide straight up, that would be great!
    Quote Originally Posted by Zen00 View Post
    One thing I don't like about the way that the current Pre slides is the curve, if they could remove that in the next one (if it's a slider) and make it slide straight up, that would be great!
    i disagree i like the curve.
    but to each its own.
    Mostly it's because it makes me feel as if I have to put more pressure on the screen to open it than I want to.
    I am content with my Pixi for the time being, although I may do the hybrid thing soon and add wifi to it. My wife is the first person on our family plan and as such she is the "premiere" user. But since she keeps a phone until the kids are too embarrassed for anyone to see it, I may get the premier status moved to my number. I'd be eligible to upgrade in Feb and can wait until then. I would love to see the Pixi form factor kept with a larger screen. This thing is so thin and small it could be increased by 25 - 30% and still be plenty small but rock a great screen. I'd also like to see the same specs across the board in four form factors so there's something for every taste. A pre form, pixi form, horizontal slider and slab with onscreen kb would cover all the bases. I'm holding out hope for OMAP4 with a gig of ram and full use of the GPU. That thing would scream and be relevant for at least a year. No pushing hardware ever few months trying to keep up with the Android "flavor of the month". HPalm needs to leap frog every device by a large margin initially and become the company that sets the standard. WebOS is a great platform and I look forward to seeing how it develops. My Pixi is my 3rd smartphone and has been a great workhorse. This little thing is solid. I would like to see usage of metal for the case and a glass screen would be nice too. But by all means keep the Pixi kb. It is excellent. My son has the Evo and it's a beast, but I would hate to tote that thing around all day. Android isn't as elegant and I can't see myself being satisfied with it. Lets just hope HPalm sets the bar very high with the next round of hardware.
    Global Posts
    215 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by stubbs View Post
    not trusting these rumors at all. In addition to the fact that the Cortex A9 processors won't be showing up until the end of the year, as another poster stated, there's no way that WebOS 1.5 is coming out less than a month after 1.4.5. Also, the stated OMAP4430 processor runs at 720MHz, not 1-1.2GHz.

Then there's the statement that it will be released before HP considers whether or not it'll continue smartphone development, which isn't even under consideration... they're going to make smartphones, and that's never changed.

It's a nice dream, but I'm calling BS. Why do people keep making stuff up?
    It was brought to my attention that TI has updated the specifications for the 4430. (OMAP™ 4 Platform - OMAP4430/OMAP4440). The TI OMAP4430 is now capable of running of clock speeds of 1GHz. WebOS 1.5 will be slated to be out early to mid September.
    Sprint Palm 2 - Developer Mode - 2.1.0
    Quote Originally Posted by mofishmgr View Post
    I am content with my Pixi for the time being, although I may do the hybrid thing soon and add wifi to it. My wife is the first person on our family plan and as such she is the "premiere" user. But since she keeps a phone until the kids are too embarrassed for anyone to see it, I may get the premier status moved to my number. I'd be eligible to upgrade in Feb and can wait until then. I would love to see the Pixi form factor kept with a larger screen. This thing is so thin and small it could be increased by 25 - 30% and still be plenty small but rock a great screen. I'd also like to see the same specs across the board in four form factors so there's something for every taste. A pre form, pixi form, horizontal slider and slab with onscreen kb would cover all the bases. I'm holding out hope for OMAP4 with a gig of ram and full use of the GPU. That thing would scream and be relevant for at least a year. No pushing hardware ever few months trying to keep up with the Android "flavor of the month". HPalm needs to leap frog every device by a large margin initially and become the company that sets the standard. WebOS is a great platform and I look forward to seeing how it develops. My Pixi is my 3rd smartphone and has been a great workhorse. This little thing is solid. I would like to see usage of metal for the case and a glass screen would be nice too. But by all means keep the Pixi kb. It is excellent. My son has the Evo and it's a beast, but I would hate to tote that thing around all day. Android isn't as elegant and I can't see myself being satisfied with it. Lets just hope HPalm sets the bar very high with the next round of hardware.
    I agree, except I don't want it all out at once.. Release the pre one, then a month or two later go with bigger pixi/blackberry bold+touchscreen form factor.Then wait a little bit for the two other ones..
    Quote Originally Posted by nimer55 View Post
    at this point i'm not getting a 1ghz phone. My phone is already 1ghz.. Sure it's not as fast as a processor, and whole phone build around 1ghz, but still, I'm not spending hundreds buying the phone out of contract for a 20% speed increase.
    A single-core 3630 will not only be capable of overclocking to higher speeds, but being from a 45nm process, it will also give you significant battery life improvements over the 3430 in the current Pre.
    Global Posts
    215 Global Posts
    Believe people believe...
    Sprint Palm 2 - Developer Mode - 2.1.0
    oh I believe!! I feel somthing big brewing and I know by the holidays we will get new hardware along with 2.0. I feel omap 4.(so probably late nov. Early dec.) hopefully sooner of course.