Page 73 of 84 FirstFirst ... 2363686970717273747576777883 ... LastLast
Results 1,441 to 1,460 of 1662
    Quote Originally Posted by Osiris_C3 View Post
    He was on webOs Roundup's podcast and said the same thing. You should check it out.
    webOSradio #10 Rahul Sood and the 4 Kazoos | webOSroundup
    If you listen to the podcast and towards the end..where they do the questions and answers session you can hear they might announce something in earning reports coming out 2 weeks actually Aug. 19th
    So expect some type of news coming around that time.
    Quote Originally Posted by LemonadeRDX View Post
    Now it's time to shake your salt bottles

A claimed insider from treo8.com, who leaked information on the Chinese tiger+ model before it was made public by China Telecom, confirmed some aspects in the above rumor

screen resolution: 800*480
    internal storage:32g
    ram:512mb ram
    cam:5m pixels
    battery:1450
    system:Webos 2.0
    release time:3q/4q
    ( Tiger? Sprint C40?..иϸͼƬοһ - Palm Pre/+, Pixi/+, webOS - HP,Palm,Pre,Pixi,webOS,Treo[Ѱ] QWERTY,ȫ,ֻ,Centro,iPhone,blackberry, - Powered by Discuz! )

As I said in the first sentence: take it with whatever amount of salt you like

Honestly, if these specs are close to what comes with the new Palm device, I will NOT upgrade. These specs are ridiculous for an upgrade device 1.5 years in the making. I know that everyone bashes Android systems for having a new device out every other week or so, but at LEAST they are offering top end hardware to their consumers. Come on, 5mp camera? Only 512mb ram? It's pretty hard to tout the beauty of WebOS when the hardware leaves it starving. If someone could get the EPIC or EVO to run WebOS, i would probably upgrade to it.
    For cameras its not all about the pixels. It could be 20mp and still suck worse than a 5mp camera that renders better.
    I am no longer a part of the Pre Central Community.
    True, but why limit the hardware.
    Because...with digital cameras (phone, DSL, point and shoot, whatever) it's all about the quality of the CCD and the lenses. Nothing else matters. Even Canon introduced a DSL with lower megapixels, backed by a better, less noisy CCD. Would you rather have a 5MP cell phone camera that took pictures like a quality point and shoot model? Or would you rather have an 8MP cell camera that takes noisy photos in anything less than direct sunlight, and has all kinds of chromatic aberration and/or color saturation issues? Seriously.

Their next phone should concentrate on the quality of the photos, not the number of megapixels.
    Quote Originally Posted by Cyberiian View Post
    Honestly, if these specs are close to what comes with the new Palm device, I will NOT upgrade. These specs are ridiculous for an upgrade device 1.5 years in the making. I know that everyone bashes Android systems for having a new device out every other week or so, but at LEAST they are offering top end hardware to their consumers. Come on, 5mp camera? Only 512mb ram? It's pretty hard to tout the beauty of WebOS when the hardware leaves it starving. If someone could get the EPIC or EVO to run WebOS, i would probably upgrade to it.
    that photoshop is as old as the pre...
    i wasn't looking at any photoshop, i was merely stating my opinion.
    Quote Originally Posted by falconrap View Post
    Because...with digital cameras (phone, DSL, point and shoot, whatever) it's all about the quality of the CCD and the lenses. Nothing else matters. Even Canon introduced a DSL with lower megapixels, backed by a better, less noisy CCD. Would you rather have a 5MP cell phone camera that took pictures like a quality point and shoot model? Or would you rather have an 8MP cell camera that takes noisy photos in anything less than direct sunlight, and has all kinds of chromatic aberration and/or color saturation issues? Seriously.

Their next phone should concentrate on the quality of the photos, not the number of megapixels.
    I guess I'm not supposed to want the best of both worlds. /shrug
    Lets be honest. When it comes to the general public, the number of pixels is what they primarily look at to determine which camera is "the best".

Just making an observation.
    So what do we all want, a camera that you can make calls with or a smart phone you can take pics with? If I'm going to an event say my kids school program then I take a camera with me cause I want good pics. If I'm just out and about and see something interesting I want to take a pic of then I take out my phone and take a pic and get what I get. These phones are already TV's, camcorders, cameras, computers, game systems, oh and phones. I mean I'm just going to take my PC and put it in a backpack, hook a car battery up to it, hang my monitor around my neck, put my headphones on, strap my web cam to my forehead and call it my new windows smart phone. The baddest phone, camera, camcorder, gaming system ever. Oh and did I mention its a phone too. LOL just joking I haven't posted in a wile and didn't have anything better to say. Just give me a new and improved webos phone please. Thank you nothing els to see here move along.
    Perhaps we should have hoped Nikon bought Palm!!!!!!!!! LOL!
    Please Support Research into Fibromyalgia, Chronic Pain and Spinal Injuries. If You Suffer from These, Consider Joining or Better Yet Forming a Support Group. No One Should Suffer from the Burden of Chronic Pain, Jay M. S. Founder, Leesburg Fibromyalgia/Resources Group
    What it really boils down to is what happens when the consumer tries that super duper 20 megapixel cell phone camera, only to find that the in-store shots are so horribly noisy, that they won't work for the purpose they are intended. I use my Pre to take pictures that are of the spur of the moment, and lighting isn't always great. I appreciate that it does a decent job, much better, in fact, than my older 8330 Curve. But it's still grainy with some color issues when inside.

If a consumer is trying this feature out in the store and your 5 megapixel camera smartphone takes significantly better shots than the the higher MP phone, it's the quality of the shot they're more likely too remember. Of course, we know how fickle some can be, and there are those who won't look past the number. But, as with everything, no smartphone can be all things to everyone. We just need a new Palm phone that has a feature set that fills enough needs to be a success (5 million+ seller). Add a couple more form factors with similar specs to pick up even more users on other networks, and you have a successful turn around.

Hopefully, Palm will put out some high end phones with at least one or two top end features that sway folks to make the leap.
    Quote Originally Posted by falconrap View Post
    snip
    a smartphone should concentrate on practical applications for its camera
    they are not practical competition for a dedicated camera, particularly one with interchangeable lenses
    the next Pre could use a boost in resolution, though more than 5 MP is likely overkill for what most smartphone purposes
    much more important is having some macro capability, so receipts, business cards & bar codes can be captured well
    this is far more important to what I want from my smartphone camera than more pixels
    FYI:

There have been various people claiming that they had seen the C40, the Chinese version of pre and a tablet but none put pictures online (well, definitely from Chinese websites). One did so only to pull them out ten minutes later. I don't think everything's fake. I tend to believe that Palm has an ultra-ultra-ultra-serious mouth shut policy.
    Quote Originally Posted by LemonadeRDX View Post
    FYI:

There have been various people claiming that they had seen the C40, the Chinese version of pre and a tablet but none put pictures online (well, definitely from Chinese websites). One did so only to pull them out ten minutes later. I don't think everything's fake. I tend to believe that Palm has an ultra-ultra-ultra-serious mouth shut policy.
    Any info on it? If a legit looking pic was up for even 10 minutes we'd at least have a description.
    Quote Originally Posted by Babadi View Post
    Any info on it? If a legit looking pic was up for even 10 minutes we'd at least have a description.
    Well, pics happened to be lingering around during the dinner time. I am waiting for some description too.

OK, from what people see in those pics

There's a small sized pre aiming at the female market
    Much smaller than pre, basically the same design
    glass screen
    no flash no speaker (at least from the pic)

From rumors
    this small sized pre will come in a variety of colors
    2.6"
    Last edited by LemonadeRDX; 08/07/2010 at 10:55 AM.
    Global Posts
    215 Global Posts
    Well guys, since the signing of the merger and the things that happened after HP took control. They decided NOT to release any details about hardware, and focus more on WebOS 2.0. I'm being told that the new hardware will carry 2.0 and the Pre will be updated before the new device is launched (About a month before as projected). They supposedly have been talking to TI for quite sometime OMAP4 will be the choice (As I said in previous posts). However there has been a great number of shortages on the ips screens. They are buying them from Samsung is what I was told. I've got clear indications that Palm will have the phone out mid November minus any slow downs from the merger. Also they have running HP Slates with WebOS on them (Presumably early builds of 2.0) AND they have beta builds of some popular front facing chat (Which excites me because of the possibility with the front facing camera).
    That's all I got. I haven't talked to my source since the merger, he's been having a rough time with it.
    Sprint Palm 2 - Developer Mode - 2.1.0
    Get your salt shakers out....yet again.
    Quote Originally Posted by NitOxYs View Post
    Well guys, since the signing of the merger and the things that happened after HP took control. They decided NOT to release any details about hardware, and focus more on WebOS 2.0. I'm being told that the new hardware will carry 2.0 and the Pre will be updated before the new device is launched (About a month before as projected). They supposedly have been talking to TI for quite sometime OMAP4 will be the choice (As I said in previous posts). However there has been a great number of shortages on the ips screens. They are buying them from Samsung is what I was told. I've got clear indications that Palm will have the phone out mid November minus any slow downs from the merger. Also they have running HP Slates with WebOS on them (Presumably early builds of 2.0) AND they have beta builds of some popular front facing chat (Which excites me because of the possibility with the front facing camera).
    That's all I got. I haven't talked to my source since the merger, he's been having a rough time with it.
    thanks! Interesting they are running webos on hp slates.

I was thinking 2.0 would hit current hardware first.

prev post: that sounds crazy.. Pre nano now in 5 fab colors!!
    prebles ( pronounced pre-bulls) lol
    Quote Originally Posted by NitOxYs View Post
    If this were true, I'd be happy to wait until November for the right device with an OMAP4. And, I do hope they're not planning on simply porting webOS to Intel Atom--we need an ARM processor to compete in battery life with the other tablets out there. I'm sure whatever they're doing with the Slate is experimental--we'd be lacking a gesture area to make webOS really work.
    Treo 600 > Treo 650 > HTC Mogul (*****!) > HTC Touch Pro (***** squared!) > PRE! > Epic