Page 72 of 84 FirstFirst ... 2262676869707172737475767782 ... LastLast
Results 1,421 to 1,440 of 1662
    Quote Originally Posted by Martin Blank View Post
    I was just posting the links to Jackson's site. I know it's not new, but it's the most reliable rumor out there so far. He's even gone so far as to say that we shouldn't expect anything until the holiday season.
    I'm just saying. This is being tweeted like it's new, exciting and definite. When we know it's not new (article date is still old), and we don't necessarily have a stellar track record for Jackson (not saying that that means he's a scoundrel -- I'm just saying, whenever there's a rumor that gets hyped up as much as this one is, and it turns out to be untrue, people get all indignant, as if they are deprived something vital, when actually they should've been more discerning)
    funny though over at webos roundup they found that same list on fonefrenzy. Fonefrenzy is saying that it's now on sprints official road map the hpalm c40, and they say late Q3 early Q4 4inch device with NO physical keyboard. They also say that the gesture area is more usefull , and that there are tweaks to make the web browser faster (webos 2.0).Check webosroundup, or fonefrenzy they posted it today.
    After the release of the BB Torch, aka a Pre clone, HPalm needs to at least leak something. As far as the NO physical keyboard, that was fonefrenzy speculating just to cause a stir. But man, do I hope that doesn't happen. I want the kb... Of course all is speculation at this point.
    - Jeff
    Palm Pre- and a 32 GB TouchPad.
    Quote Originally Posted by Meltedwire View Post
    After the release of the BB Torch, aka a Pre clone, HPalm needs to at least leak something. As far as the NO physical keyboard, that was fonefrenzy speculating just to cause a stir. But man, do I hope that doesn't happen. I want the kb... Of course all is speculation at this point.
    me and you both, I hope it has a keyboard too. Though to me 4inches may be pushing it for a portrait slider, so here hopes it's a landscape one. As I stated a million times (even sent info to palm months ago regarding design) to me the htc pro 2 design would be perfect for a new webos device.
    I hope it's not a landscape slider. I never got why people like using both hands to type after being used to the ease of one-handed typing.
    Global Posts
    108 Global Posts
    heres a better rumor: http://fonefrenzy.com/2010/08/03/fall-sprint-4g-device-lineup-includes-hp-palm-webos-4-720p-4g-handset-and-more-android-flavors/
    I love how they keep using dudes mockup from here on all the rumor sites. Goes to show that's what people want to see!
    Palm Vx -> Treo 600 -> Treo 700p -> Centro -> Pre (Launch Phone 06/06/09) -> AT&T Pre Plus with Sprint EVDO swap -> Samsung Epic 4G w/ Froyo
    Now it's time to shake your salt bottles

A claimed insider from treo8.com, who leaked information on the Chinese tiger+ model before it was made public by China Telecom, confirmed some aspects in the above rumor

screen resolution: 800*480
    internal storage:32g
    ram:512mb ram
    cam:5m pixels
    battery:1450
    system:Webos 2.0
    release time:3q/4q
    ( Tiger? Sprint C40?..иϸͼƬοһ - Palm Pre/+, Pixi/+, webOS - HP,Palm,Pre,Pixi,webOS,Treo[Ѱ] QWERTY,ȫ,ֻ,Centro,iPhone,blackberry, - Powered by Discuz! )

As I said in the first sentence: take it with whatever amount of salt you like
    Last edited by LemonadeRDX; 08/03/2010 at 08:14 PM.
    Quote Originally Posted by wellwellwell11 View Post
    funny though over at webos roundup they found that same list on fonefrenzy. Fonefrenzy is saying that it's now on sprints official road map the hpalm c40, and they say late Q3 early Q4 4inch device with NO physical keyboard. They also say that the gesture area is more usefull , and that there are tweaks to make the web browser faster (webos 2.0).Check webosroundup, or fonefrenzy they posted it today.

but that's exactly my point. WebOSroundup is acting like this list is new because it got the list from FoneFrenzy. FoneFrenzy got the list from Smartphonecommunityforum, which is the site staffed by none other than "W. Jackson."

The article from Jackson was written on June 28....a month ago is forever ago in internet timing. (for another reference...it was originally mentioned in post 990 to this thread...we are now on 1438!

So, once again, whether or not this is real depends on one guy (jackson), which is by itself fine, but the point I'm trying to make is that this information is in no way new and not exciting, or more corroborated than it ever was.
    Blah, double post.
    I shot Jackson an email earlier today and he just replied. Nothing new, just thought it was worth posting:
    Hey lamar, unfortunetly there has been no c40 action since the HP buyout. There once was a c40 model floating around sprint HQ but Dan hasnt seen it for quite some time. This is mostly part to what we believe is HP reworking webOS. If this is infact the case and they are leaving the hardware the way it is then the device will easliy be out for the holiday season. If the are redoing the hardware it could be longer than that.

Ill keep you up to date if i get anything

Jackson
    Quote Originally Posted by QuarlesLT View Post
    I hope it's not a landscape slider. I never got why people like using both hands to type after being used to the ease of one-handed typing.
    easier for gamers
    very interesting!

Quote Originally Posted by LemonadeRDX View Post
    Now it's time to shake your salt bottles

A claimed insider from treo8.com, who leaked information on the Chinese tiger+ model before it was made public by China Telecom, confirmed some aspects in the above rumor

screen resolution: 800*480
    internal storage:32g
    ram:512mb ram
    cam:5m pixels
    battery:1450
    system:Webos 2.0
    release time:3q/4q
    ( QWERTY,ȫ,ֻ,Centro,iPhone,blackberry, - Powered by Discuz! )

As I said in the first sentence: take it with whatever amount of salt you like
    Side note and maybe already posted. I was in my local BestBuy and they have put on clearance a bunch of palm pre stuff, like skins and cases. Could be good or bad news. Either they have word that a new phone is coming or they are just getting rid of Palm accessories. Didn't look like they were going to carry much after the clearance.
    Global Posts
    108 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by subversiveasset View Post
    but that's exactly my point. WebOSroundup is acting like this list is new because it got the list from FoneFrenzy. FoneFrenzy got the list from Smartphonecommunityforum, which is the site staffed by none other than "W. Jackson."

The article from Jackson was written on June 28....a month ago is forever ago in internet timing. (for another reference...it was originally mentioned in post 990 to this thread...we are now on 1438!

So, once again, whether or not this is real depends on one guy (jackson), which is by itself fine, but the point I'm trying to make is that this information is in no way new and not exciting, or more corroborated than it ever was.
    Nice observation...Thanks for clearing some things up.
    yesterday evening I was speaking to an HP consultant. He said that at least a new phone is almost complete and is going in beta test in september. He also said probably they will have some test device to try. So, expect some news in september and probably a new device in Q4.
    i think palm with release in two months, a new device {smartphone} with some real updated hardware probably not anything crazy or up to date with the iphone 4, driod 2 etc... but a good upgrade and it will run webos 1.5 and then in December they will release a tablet that runs 2.0 or with the smartphone hp is really beefing up the specs to compete becuz devices coming up are going to be running better specs to out due the iphone...idk just my two cents from all the rumors...
    Hey everybody! I haven't posted in a long time since there was nothing new. Today, I went over to the NextBench (HP's blog) and guess who posted today? Rahul Sood. I read his blog (it was good) but what caught my attention were these lines...

"That’s not to say that I haven’t been doing anything, but the things I’ve been working on are confidential for the moment.... I will be flying out to the Bay Area in September. You’ll start to hear more from me."

Now, why would he point out that he is going to the Bay Area in September in a blog about webOS? Right?

The Next Bench - Back on the Grid: Thoughts on webOS - The Next Bench
    The Original Owner of the AT&T Pre3
    He was on webOs Roundup's podcast and said the same thing. You should check it out.
    webOSradio #10 – Rahul Sood and the 4 Kazoos | webOSroundup
    I am no longer a part of the Pre Central Community.
    any ideas on date in sept?