Page 71 of 84 FirstFirst ... 2161666768697071727374757681 ... LastLast
Results 1,401 to 1,420 of 1662
    It's just the Pre Plus renamed. Why would a new phone have a + at the end?
    Global Posts
    166 Global Posts
    A idea just pop'd into my head how about the keep the name C40 or alter it a bit to the C4D. It has I nice ring to it and in advertisements they could have a famous rapper or billy dee williams pull it out a brown paper bag."Palm a C40" or " With a C40 in ur palm the night can never go wrong" or "I got my C40 in my palm,my girl in my ride,and some brand new kicks." or "One taste of the new palm C40 and you leave all of those fruity products at the store."or"Multi-tasking? text your girl, emailing your boo, and facebooking you wife all while holding your C40." last possibly with dave chappelle or samual l jackson "uhhhhhm mmmhhhhm The new C40 it'll get you drunk"
    Quote Originally Posted by Finally Pre View Post
    Well it may not be a conformation of fact like a press release. But it sure sound just to me. I was figuring on 4-6 4G phones but 10. Oh boy, here we go again. What to choose. Well it MUST have WebOS, a larger screen and better hardware. I'd go for a black diamond plate shell.
    No it mustn't have a larger screen, unless they can do that within the same size package. I suppose there's more room in that nice little case for some extra screen size. Everyone else's phones are too BIG. Palm did it right by making the same resolutions fit a smaller pack. For years people have been yelling and screaming about "omg it's too big." So they make it smaller and now you hear the people wanting the other way. I wonder, if they make it the size of the Treo will everyone think it's cool again, then start wishing it was smaller?
    Maybe make two so all the folks who have been clamoring for smaller can have one, and the others who like big can have one? IDK.
    try web broswing on the droidx or the evo and tell me that the screen is too big. the screen is perfect for web browsing..... I'd like to see a 3.5" on the next device and maybe a max of 4"
    Quote Originally Posted by tejoe View Post
    A idea just pop'd into my head how about the keep the name C40 or alter it a bit to the C4D. It has I nice ring to it and in advertisements they could have a famous rapper or billy dee williams pull it out a brown paper bag.
    Your ideas there would never make it out of a first meeting in marketing. Many of the most popular rappers have criminal records, "Palm a C40" suggests stealing one, and suggesting that it will intoxicate is such a bad idea I don't think it needs explanation. This kind of thing would invite criticism, and would hurt sales because many people wouldn't want to be seen holding a phone associated with such advertising.
    Global Posts
    166 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Martin Blank View Post
    Your ideas there would never make it out of a first meeting in marketing. Many of the most popular rappers have criminal records, "Palm a C40" suggests stealing one, and suggesting that it will intoxicate is such a bad idea I don't think it needs explanation. This kind of thing would invite criticism, and would hurt sales because many people wouldn't want to be seen holding a phone associated with such advertising.
    lmao it sure hurt boost mobiles sales figures.Side note: it was a joke. Before you knock viral ads remember snickers betty white,droid which any techy knows is a play on hal, Apple going negative on microsoft with the hey I'm a pc.You don't have to have the clean image anymore it's a comsumer business case in point 50 cents I'm a p.i.m.p. guess what was product placed all through out the video.Ill give you a hint the original ipod.
    Last edited by tejoe; 07/22/2010 at 01:14 PM.
    First, if you're going to post something as a joke, it helps to provide some sort of indication. Second, Boost Mobile represents a small fraction of the market -- five million or so subscribers in three countries -- and most people have no idea (and don't really care) that it's on Sprint's network. I don't recall ever seeing ads that link it to criminal activity, but the target market is generally private people that are not as bothered by the idea of links to such things.

HP, however, is going to be concerned about business customers, who can be fickle about their phones and the images that are projected from anything that they use. If you can come up with a marketing scheme that appeals to a wide audience while not disaffecting a significant portion of your target audience -- especially that part that has the most money to spend -- you have a chance at winning customers.

On the topic of the Apple commercials, Betty White, and so forth, you really do need to learn the difference between playful and negative. Apple never went overtly negative on Microsoft. There were intimations of security issues (which were problematic in that Apple has had its share, and sometimes quietly patches them without documenting their existence), but by and large, Apple was playing up its simplicity over the complexity of Windows, which is a valid comparison. Going truly negative works in politics to a degree, but it creates distaste in consumers and lawsuits amongst companies.

Finally, if you think Apple put an iPod in that video, you're clueless. There's a mature version of the video with mostly-naked women visible throughout, and using that as a platform to spread the word about Apple is not something that control-freak Steve Jobs would ever let happen. Besides, it's only visible in a few spots, and is probably used because it is by far the most popular stand-alone media player on the market, and 50 Cent (learn to spell names, please) probably has one (or seven).
    a little wider and longer. this would make room for a little bigger keyboard for fat finger people and a little bigger screen for viewing

just a wish
    Global Posts
    609 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Jim Amos View Post
    a little wider and longer.
    TWSS
    Quote Originally Posted by MDsmartphone View Post
    I know we all think there will be another palm device...call it the C40 if you like...but I highly doubt it will be exclusive to sprint, because I would hope palm would learn from history. They need to enter the device on multiple carriers, and I think the pres and pixis were great "entry" devices for webOS. So, if there are leaks of a sprint device, I would think some leaks of a verizon or att device should also surface...
    I just gatta say, I know this is 51 posts ahead of yours, but...if he is right about it being a 4G device, I doubt it will go to another. I think what they might do is make, say a "Palm Pre 4G" for Sprint, then a "Palm Pre 4G+" for Verizon, and AT&T when 4G come to them. And I will def. get the Palm Pre 4G, assuming it is going to be a 4G device!

Plus, considering the other carriers are LTE and not WiMAX, it makes it even less likely it would be the same device with the same name. And if it comes out in November, the 3-4 month window is perfect because Verizon's LTE network would be in more cities next year as opposed to this year.

Quote Originally Posted by Soorma View Post
    I don't know but if I had spent a cool $1.2 billion, I would already be involved too.
    Exactly. If it's true that the "Palm" name is going away, and HP will be the new "Palm", I can see the HP Invent or Re-INVENT, or something along those lines being the name...and I see if not having a keyboard (possible) to be more in line with the iPhone. Plus...the HP Pad wont have one, and you know they are making a virtual keyboard for it. So....why not for the phones?
    Last edited by astraith; 07/25/2010 at 08:31 PM.
    Global Posts
    186 Global Posts
    First, if you're going to post something as a joke, it helps to provide some sort of indication.
    You mean, like an increasingly outrageous and ironic list of possible "advertising slogans" for a device normally targeted at sober, employed adults? That kind of indication?
    So has anyone heard from "Jackson" recently?
    Global Posts
    108 Global Posts
    I gave up on the c40 for this speculation: c40 was an actual real product that Palm was testing, but with lack of funds or changes in the market, or buyout of HP etc, it was cancelled to be updated to fit the growing market. I think the original Road Map that Palm had was updated when HP bought them making a long wait just a tad bit longer... but with better products.
    Quote Originally Posted by jcren001 View Post
    So has anyone heard from "Jackson" recently?
    "Jackson" has a blog he posts on infrequently, but his last few posts have been android-based.

i dont have the url handy at the moment though.
    Welcome to Smartphone Community & Forum

Here's the link for the post mentioning the new WebOS phone:

Upcoming 4G Devices
    I hope that wasn't the final product design
    This rumor isn't even new...
    Quote Originally Posted by subversiveasset View Post
    This rumor isn't even new...
    Yes, absolutely true. Why in the world is this getting resurrected now? It's being quoted outside Precentral as well as if it's a new rumor.

Crazy.
    Treo 600 > Treo 650 > HTC Mogul (*****!) > HTC Touch Pro (***** squared!) > PRE! > Epic
    I was just posting the links to Jackson's site. I know it's not new, but it's the most reliable rumor out there so far. He's even gone so far as to say that we shouldn't expect anything until the holiday season.
    Global Posts
    322 Global Posts
    I was just posting the links to Jackson's site. I know it's not new, but it's the most reliable rumor out there so far. He's even gone so far as to say that we shouldn't expect anything until the holiday season.
    No offense to Jackson but I don't think that's a very risky claim to make. It's vague enough and far enough in the future that anything can happen between now and then without him coming off as being wrong or a liar. Not saying that he is, but I hope you get my point.