Page 70 of 84 FirstFirst ... 2060656667686970717273747580 ... LastLast
Results 1,381 to 1,400 of 1662
    Quote Originally Posted by djprelude View Post

Sounds very promising. I'm kinda thinking, is Palm waiting for omap4? I remember omap4 won't go into mass production until pretty late this year. and new Palm devices are supposed to be on the shelf pretty late this year.
    I more concerned with the flash player the phone is only a year old with all these patches from preware I have no complaints
    Quote Originally Posted by LemonadeRDX View Post
    Sounds very promising. I'm kinda thinking, is Palm waiting for omap4? I remember omap4 won't go into mass production until pretty late this year. and new Palm devices are supposed to be on the shelf pretty late this year.
    I'm hoping so myself.
    Why not a Keyboard that is Landscape and Vertical and Had buttons like the Pre Does now but With out pre assigned keys on them and they light up the Characters depending on how it is opened like that one phone on Verizon.
    really the only things I would change is to make the screen bigger and the battery stronger. It NEEDS to be touchstone compatible out of the box and maybe even sync with computers via the touchstone? Built-in file/theme management, quicker boot time, better camera, horizontal keyboard all nice add ons, too. One thing that would rock is a horizontal slider where the screen folds up at an angle like a mini-netbook or the Evo's kickstand? HTC had a phone that did this a year back or so... It ran windows mobile and was the updated version of the Mogul (my phone before the pre). That had a front-facing camera. And call me old fashioned, but how about some stylus support?
    Quote Originally Posted by packniam View Post
    really the only things I would change is to make the screen bigger and the battery stronger. It NEEDS to be touchstone compatible out of the box and maybe even sync with computers via the touchstone? Built-in file/theme management, quicker boot time, better camera, horizontal keyboard all nice add ons, too. One thing that would rock is a horizontal slider where the screen folds up at an angle like a mini-netbook or the Evo's kickstand? HTC had a phone that did this a year back or so... It ran windows mobile and was the updated version of the Mogul (my phone before the pre). That had a front-facing camera. And call me old fashioned, but how about some stylus support?
    You're old fashion.
    Global Posts
    223 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by johncc View Post
    I think that you missed the implied
    I guess you missed mine!!
    Syncing data via Touchstone is going backwards. Wireless syncing whether through WiFi for local data access or 3G/4G for cloud data access is where things are headed.

Seeing posts about Touchstone data syncing make me laugh.
    Palm Vx -> Treo 600 -> Treo 700p -> Centro -> Pre (Launch Phone 06/06/09) -> AT&T Pre Plus with Sprint EVDO swap -> Samsung Epic 4G w/ Froyo
    Global Posts
    108 Global Posts
    I already predicted the car touchstone. I think its a no-brainer for Palm.
    Global Posts
    166 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by NickDG View Post
    Syncing data via Touchstone is going backwards. Wireless syncing whether through WiFi for local data access or 3G/4G for cloud data access is where things are headed.

Seeing posts about Touchstone data syncing make me laugh.
    I disagree. Since the 5gig cap is industry standard practice. The touchstone connected to you cpu & the "cloud" allows for a better media presentaion. Hp is looking to provide a Mobile media experience.HD video(syncing down and up),Music(syncing down and up),Games(syncing down and up) will eat away at that 5gig limit quickly. Enter the "New" touchstone, profile connected, "wifi hotspot",Data and media center.Since the touchstone is optional there would be touchstone specific settings like sync though touchstone only(2 positives: Battery and data),the touchstone would be cross-platfom(phone,tablet,integrated into printers<---my fave for work and school instead of going though a cloud and 20 firewalls and needing security clearance just set ya phone or tablet down and the job starts).Plus with the previously mentioned profile connection and maybe 2gigs flash ssd you could have the cloud and hard backups.I don't think that inducing a voltage would interfere to much with the wireless signals and I don't think you would to much data corruption if shield properly.
    Sony has a good technology palm could license for this

I like the idea of putting it down on your printer, and being able to sync images. Syncing video through your touchstone to your tv would be pretty cool...
    An update from treo8.com

If you visit the official appstore of China Telecom (yet, carriers try to run their own appstores in China) 天翼空间-中国电信应用商城官方网站, click the big blue button to your left (which says choose your cell in Chinese), type in palm and click the search button, you will see Palm Tiger+

It is surely a new device, although maybe not C40.
    An update from treo8.com

If you visit the official appstore of China Telecom (yet, carriers try to run their own appstores in China) 天翼空—-*›”信””•†ŸŽ˜–‘™, click the big blue button to your left (which says choose your cell in Chinese), type in palm and click the search button, you will see Palm Tiger+

to save everyone some trouble:
    http://i.imgur.com/1yHc8.jpg
    http://i.imgur.com/OHAtj.jpg
    weird. but neat.
    Last edited by Garage91; 07/22/2010 at 12:28 AM.
    Quote Originally Posted by Garage91 View Post
    to save everyone some trouble:
    http://i.imgur.com/1yHc8.jpg

weird. but neat. clicking it didnt do anything.
    well after clicking it, you need to click the big orange button but not much information anyways
    It also indicates a 480*320 screen, which is exactly what we have now.

I'm not sure what Palm has marketed the Pre or Pixi as in China, but this could well be the name.
    Palm should have marketed the Pre as the Tiger here too! I would totally choose a Tiger of a Pre. haha
    palm thundercougarfalconbird has a nice ring to it I think.
    Quote Originally Posted by stung View Post
    Palm should have marketed the Pre as the Tiger here too! I would totally choose a Tiger of a Pre. haha
    Apple would have a hissy fit.
    Palm Vx -> Treo 600 -> Treo 700p -> Centro -> Pre (Launch Phone 06/06/09) -> AT&T Pre Plus with Sprint EVDO swap -> Samsung Epic 4G w/ Froyo
    Global Posts
    442 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by NickDG View Post
    Apple would have a hissy fit.
    Apple is the only one allowed to steal names
    This is the Palm Pre, likely for sale soon in China. Maybe with an updated version of WebOS.

Likely not a "next-WebOS" device, such as a Pre2, or C45.

IMO, of course.
    "The more I learn, the more I realize just how little I really do know!" -Albert Einstein