Page 69 of 84 FirstFirst ... 1959646566676869707172737479 ... LastLast
Results 1,361 to 1,380 of 1662
    Quote Originally Posted by wellwellwell11 View Post
    as someone already stated this is just china's version of the palm pre, nothing more. Also where did you get information that the screen is 3.5, better keyboard etc. Its a palm pre for china either offical or not thats all it is sooooooooooooooo please lets focuse this post on the real Palm C40 regarding news, updates, or leaks please no more BS.
    i looked throughout the china wed site and it is just the palm pre as i stated before with no metion of any hardware changes
    ĦṔ-Ḷṫ-Ŧḯη
    Here is a direct link to webOS Doc for all carriers
    http://www.webos-internals.org/wiki/...octor_Versions
    P.S. if i have helped you and you are thankful please hit the thanks button to the right---->
    Ugh, that UI looks crappy, we need Matas Duarte back.
    Quote Originally Posted by Shadavis08 View Post
    i looked throughout the china wed site and it is just the palm pre as i stated before with no metion of any hardware changes

its confermed people lets move on!
    Quote Originally Posted by Shadavis08 View Post
    hardware changes come from here: webOS»ͼйPre..ڿܻͻϢ - Palm Pre, Pixi, webOS - Palm, Pre, Pixi, webOS, Treo ̳[Ѱ] Palm Pre,pixi,ֻ,Palm Treo,Centro,iPhone,blackberry,QWERTY,ȫ - Powered by Discuz!, although the most important information concerning the hardware change is another screenshot in the attachment. So I guess you guys can't read that piece with google translate. The OP predicted a few things and was proven as reliable but I guess it's of no concern here. The device coming to the China market's supposedly different from the rumored C40.

The reason why I posted the first screenshot was simply to show quickoffice's probably coming to the next generation devices. No matter it's in whatever market, people will surely be able to rip it. The Chinese rom (which is believed in the wild but not in public) should also contain proof of other devices, just like how the early palm pre rom revealed information on "eos") What's also important is altogether with the updated webos system, several different devices are in the pipeline too (if you google translate the above page.) Ya, take everything I posted with a healthy grain of salt.
    Global Posts
    203 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by wellwellwell11 View Post
    ... sooooooooooooooo please lets focuse this post on the real Palm C40 regarding news, updates, or leaks please no more BS.
    Then there wouldn't be any posts...
    If I could decide palms device roadmap this is what i would be.

-Palm Pre2, same form factor but higher res screen, faster silicon in the thing, better battery life, market it as the everyday person cell phone.

-Palm Pixi2, same size, but the entire thing would be a screen and the keyboard would be a horizontal slider vs the pre's vertical one. That way you still have a relatively small phone but a different layout, a large enough screen to make the touch screen sensible, and enough space to make the keyboard usable. A whopping camera on it though, and market it as a pocket camera thats a cell phone. Maybe a rebate on a photo printer (with HP it makes sense).

-Palm C40, a 4.0" screen extremely high res AMOLED (pref), with an Nvidia Tegra2 Chip. Keyboard is debatable on it. (You have 2 palm's with that feature, so maybe one without it might make sense). WiFi N, 720p Video Capable, 8mp Camera, 768mp Ram, 32gb Storage, Make this the flagship badboy that dominates all other phones for the near future. Oh and a honking battery to keep this thing running for a long time. Give it all kinds of neat tech, noise canceling, 3g/4g, gyroscope, ambient lighting, outside temp, front facing camera, proximity senor, compass.
    I agree with this post 100% (would like to see the C40 named "Phoenix" or "Post" )
    Congrats. Information in this thread finally merited a mention on the front page. It just took 69 pages of comments over a period of 3 months.
    Quote Originally Posted by Superjudge View Post
    Congrats. Speculation in this thread finally merited a mention on the front page. It just took 69 pages of comments over a period of 3 months.
    Fixed.
    Quote Originally Posted by mattc908 View Post

-Palm Pre2, same form factor but higher res screen, faster silicon in the thing, better battery life, market it as the everyday person cell phone.

-Palm Pixi2, same size, but the entire thing would be a screen and the keyboard would be a horizontal slider vs the pre's vertical one. That way you still have a relatively small phone but a different layout, a large enough screen to make the touch screen sensible, and enough space to make the keyboard usable. A whopping camera on it though, and market it as a pocket camera thats a cell phone. Maybe a rebate on a photo printer (with HP it makes sense).

-Palm C40, a 4.0" screen extremely high res AMOLED (pref), with an Nvidia Tegra2 Chip. Keyboard is debatable on it. (You have 2 palm's with that feature, so maybe one without it might make sense). WiFi N, 720p Video Capable, 8mp Camera, 768mp Ram, 32gb Storage, Make this the flagship badboy that dominates all other phones for the near future. Oh and a honking battery to keep this thing running for a long time. Give it all kinds of neat tech, noise canceling, 3g/4g, gyroscope, ambient lighting, outside temp, front facing camera, proximity senor, compass.
    Agreed--Palm needs three devices, not two, and the Pre needs to be the middle.
    Palm III-->Handspring Visor-->Sony Clie PEG-NR70-->no PDA -->Palm Treo 755p-->Palm Pre-->HP Veer
    Quote Originally Posted by stung View Post
    Fixed.
    Nice
    Those three ideas are excellent, I like the three phone class, and the Pre, as is now, would make an excellent mid-range phone.
    Quote Originally Posted by mattc908 View Post

the Pre2 should have at a 3.7 screen in my opinion
    http://palmnewsdaily.com/wp-content/...40-mock-up.jpg

great imagination in this mockup, hope it's accurate!
    I've been holding the Samsung Vibrant in my hand at work recently, and I'll say that the 4" form factor feels much better than 4.3", I would like it in my Pre.
    Verizons LTE network should be up by late fall maybe just in time for the C40? I hope so!! And please no more vertical qwerty, horizontal only!
    Last edited by bullonparade85; 07/18/2010 at 10:05 PM.
    Global Posts
    203 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by bullonparade85 View Post
    Verizons LTE network should be up by late fall maybe just in time for the C40? I hope so!! And please no more vertical qwerty, horizontal only!
    Sounds reminiscent of when 4G was coming out on Sprint...
    I'm gunning for release date being around the time 5G comes out... When everyone is tired of waiting and has moved on.
    Quote Originally Posted by bullonparade85 View Post
    lets have both for option on a biger screen, a vertical slider would be nice. The keys would be bigger and it'd still be easy to type one handed.
    Global Posts
    55 Global Posts
    virtual keyboard please

p
    Global Posts
    93 Global Posts