Page 67 of 84 FirstFirst ... 1757626364656667686970717277 ... LastLast
Results 1,321 to 1,340 of 1662
    I said day one we would be loving it if HTC had purchased Palm. we would have 3-4 different style WEBOS phones out by the end of the summer.Hp was in my opinion not the company I wanted to get Palm but it is what it is and nothing we can do now.
    Apple is having an iPhone4 Press Conference friday...most likely to say they **** up on the whole antenna thing.

this would be an AMAZING time for HP/Palm to leak something about their new phone. Bad press for Apple and good press for HP/Palm.
    Quote Originally Posted by Riboflavin View Post
    Apple is having an iPhone4 Press Conference friday...most likely to say they **** up on the whole antenna thing.

this would be an AMAZING time for HP/Palm to leak something about their new phone. Bad press for Apple and good press for HP/Palm.
    Are you crazy? DO you think apple's big EGO will ever admit to a problem.

I BET YOU they will come out and say there is no problem with the signal and it software and there will be iOS 4.1 coming out to remedy it
    Global Posts
    79 Global Posts
    You guys are funny, every bit of the news is scrutinized! I guess the rate of innovation has exploded now that there is money to be earned in the states and globally. I think it's more than likely the next device hpalm puts out will not be one but a multiple of devices interconnecting and functioning together. It will most likely be a phone, printer, tablet, and services all tied together. With all the recent acquisitions, it will take sometime to build a strong IT structure to support all these new toys. Just think of it, HP will try to sell: no more drivers for printers, no more fees for high quality video calls, and connect your music to the cloud... Whatever they want to sell...

HPalm, I know you are working on video calls using your printers, I can feel it, just let it out...
    Global Posts
    223 Global Posts
    HPalm, I know you are working on video calls using your printers, I can feel it, just let it out...
    Why would I ever need this?? Im thinking more along the lines of using my calculator to access the server iLo at the office.
    Quote Originally Posted by Traxion View Post
    Why would I ever need this?? Im thinking more along the lines of using my calculator to access the server iLo at the office.
    I think that you missed the implied
    Global Posts
    79 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by johncc View Post
    I think that you missed the implied
    thx!
    Global Posts
    203 Global Posts
    Unbump... Debump... Inbump...
    Or just make this thread into its own category.

We're not hearing anything new. Kudos to those waiting it out. I think Evo can last me til Gen2 of HPalm.
    This sucks. I have the iPhone 4 and want to return it, but there is nothing else out there. Just wish Palm would give some info, it would make the return MUCH easier if I knew I would be getting a new webos phone.
    iPhone 4s 64gb for personal, at&t Prē 3 for business. Best of both worlds.
    Global Posts
    4 Global Posts
    Put the Treo 700 series keyboard on a pre, get rid of the slider and you've got a winner. I have a 755p and never had the first complaint about the size or functionality of that keyboard. Then I got the Pre Plus. That keyboard is a piece of junk by comparison.
    Global Posts
    609 Global Posts
    It will be nice if the next generation Palm device, whatever and whenever that might be, will be compatible with current touchstone docks. That would just be a slap in the face to Palm customers if we had to buy new docks to still have this awesome functionality.
    Global Posts
    322 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by cwgtex View Post
    It will be nice if the next generation Palm device, whatever and whenever that might be, will be compatible with current touchstone docks. That would just be a slap in the face to Palm customers if we had to buy new docks to still have this awesome functionality.
    I'm by no means "in the know" but I'm still 99% confident that the next device will be current touchstone compatible. I just don't know why it wouldn't be. Worst case, the phone is sized different and sits awkwardly on the touchstone.
    A quick good news

seems the new webos will have functional office software. see the attached screenshot snapped from treo8.com. This screenshot comes from a supposedly upcoming device, but maybe available in the china market only.

http://i952.photobucket.com/albums/a...d025FB43Nf.png
    Last edited by LemonadeRDX; 07/16/2010 at 04:03 PM.
    I hope that's real. Can you post the link to the page it's on? I want to Google Translate it.
    Last edited by QuarlesLT; 07/16/2010 at 04:18 PM.
    Quote Originally Posted by QuarlesLT View Post
    I hope that's real. Can you post the link to the page it's on? I want to Google Translate it.
    3G and 1X dont go together
    Quote Originally Posted by QuarlesLT View Post
    Sure

http://bbs.51pda.cn/read.php?tid-10717.html
    http://bbs.51pda.cn/read.php?tid-10718.html

I'm not sure if you can see the attachment there but there are a bunch of other screenshots. It seems that many in China already put their hands on the new device (read: not C40 but a minor updated form factor to pre plus with a 3.5" screen, flattened design, better cpu and better keyboard) and they confirmed each other

p.s. it's still a beta (alpha?) version and has been reported as "buggy." I've no idea about the 3G/1X issue.
    Last edited by LemonadeRDX; 07/16/2010 at 05:04 PM.
    Some phones do have 1x3G or 1xEV in the corner, i've seen them. The LG EnV Touch is a good example. It's basically just the same as saying only 3G or EV.
    Last edited by QuarlesLT; 07/16/2010 at 05:36 PM.
    nope its on the palm pre in china or where ever they are
    ĦṔ-Ḷṫ-Ŧḯη
    Here is a direct link to webOS Doc for all carriers
    http://www.webos-internals.org/wiki/...octor_Versions
    P.S. if i have helped you and you are thankful please hit the thanks button to the right---->
    as much as I love the way they implemented launcher pages... I do not think it's real. Alignment of the arrow buttons is way off and the notepad has a white bar rigt underneath the stickynote and above the navigation pane which also looks out of place.
    Quote Originally Posted by rexalbel View Post
    as much as I love the way they implemented launcher pages... I do not think it's real. Alignment of the arrow buttons is way off and the notepad has a white bar rigt underneath the stickynote and above the navigation pane which also looks out of place.
    go to the link above its real but its on a palm pre in china wether or not that app is not for us as well as them i dont know.
    ĦṔ-Ḷṫ-Ŧḯη
    Here is a direct link to webOS Doc for all carriers
    http://www.webos-internals.org/wiki/...octor_Versions
    P.S. if i have helped you and you are thankful please hit the thanks button to the right---->