Page 65 of 84 FirstFirst ... 1555606162636465666768697075 ... LastLast
Results 1,281 to 1,300 of 1662
    You know, I'm extremely annoyed by Palm/HP for taking so incredibly long to announce something. My near-launch Pre is also almost at its last legs and I'm anxiously awaiting a new device announcement... HOWEVER, most of you come on here only to complain and whine how you love Palm to death but you're sick of waiting. If you really loved them to death, you'd understand the intricacies of a merger (or at least try to) and give them the benefit of the doubt. I feel the need to address each person individually at this point:

Quote Originally Posted by Xacto01 View Post
    I think its safe to say we're all tired of waiting. As for me, I'd rather use my year-old overclocked pre than android or IOS. It still does the basic every-day use actions more elegantly and efficiently. So I'm passively holding out.
    Whole heartedly agree. As stated before, I am very tired of waiting, but I'd still use my overclocked Pre over any of the available devices today.

Quote Originally Posted by asharrop View Post
    honestly i've always considered myself a die hard webos fan since it came out, but not sure I can keep waiting if something isn't given to us by the time the Epic comes out. Only reason I won't go get an Evo today is because it uses the inferior snapdragon...
    If you were a "die hard webos fan" then you're kinda dying (away from WebOS) really easily right now. You have a phone that performs with WebOS wonderfully, why would you want to switch? If the only reason you don't have an EVO yet is because of the inferior snapdragon, why did you get a Pre with it's inferior processor when the iPhone's was that much better/faster in the first place? If you were to say these things without beginning with "I consider myself a die hard webos fan", the rest of your statements wouldn't have been so ironic.

Quote Originally Posted by idontwan2know View Post
    Yes, how dare they not meet the expectations that you all made up completely in your own heads! Shame on them!

Anybody who put any thought into it knew there would be no announcement of new hardware, nor did HP or Palm do anything to suggest there would be.
    100% Agreed. Couldn't have said it better myself. How can you be "disappointed" at something that never existed in the first place? If Palm had stated "THERE WILL BE AN ANNOUNCEMENT" and didn't deliver, then YES be disappointed. They never said ANYTHING. Everyone assumed, and now everyone (based off their own assumptions) is disappointed.

Quote Originally Posted by Soorma View Post
    True but don't we deserve at least a hint? Something like "We will go over new devices this month"?
    No. Palm doesn't owe you anything. The only thing you deserve from Palm is a fully functioning device that you paid them for. If your device has problems, complain about that. You can't complain about something a company hasn't said they'd do.

I don't mean to single people out, but I've been following this thread diligently trying to hear news/leaks multiple times a day. It just gets annoying when everyone gets on here to bash on Palm for not achieving the high-strung expectations that people put on them.

/endrant.

Let the flames begin, I guess. : /.
    a holiday release would make me a sad panda, but i will wait.

i hope somehow that Sprint will allow Premier Members/Those who bought the Pre at launch have first dibs on the new phone. If the device is super awesome, it will probably be in short supply due to all the holiday shoppers. I doubt they will though.
    kind of off topic, but work with me here..,

the pre cost palm $150 to make when it released over a year ago.. I'd be shocked if it cost them more than 120 today.. Palm could sell unlocked gsm phones for 220, and make a killing. The only issue would be cheapning the brand. Maybe wait for the huge webos update to take care of speed issues first.
    Jackson chimed in:

"No i don't think they will be revealing anything with webOS for sometime. Apparently they are still reworking the platform. I wouldn't expect a device now until around the holidays"
    so are they keeping palms hardware roadmap,but upgrading the software first?
    I'm not a Palm owner yet but hope to be soon. Since I'm about to take the plunge, I too am eager to see the roadmap. That being said, I totally agree with SirataXero's post.

Having lived through a couple of major industry mergers/acquisitions, I can say with first hand experience that it takes a great deal of time and effort to get both entities coordinated (sales, marketing, product engineering, technical support, partner channels, employee benefits, accounting, IT, and so much more...). It's only been 12 days since the acquisition was completed.

I say this not to irritate anyone but more or less as a reminder to myself (as I too want to know): take a deep breath, remember that it's just a phone, give HP/Palm some time, and enjoy the good things in life.

That being said I will come here each day to see if anyone has any scoop
    Quote Originally Posted by falconrap View Post
    I am keeping my rpe + until I can't replace it. I personally don't like Android, as it is too much like desktop linux with way too much *beep* getting in the way of the user experience. It's fine for some but not for me, nor, I would suspect, a great deal of WebOS and IOS users. BB users...maybe...depends on the person, but a lot of them won't touch another OS for other reasons.
    this is unfortunately where I'm at, my pre is dying and I cannot replace it. I can no longer make calls without using speakerphone. Also been getting alot of freezing up and letter skipping on the keyboard. I hate that I might have to switch to android but am waiting until either a new device is announced or the epic is released.
    Jackson chimed in:

"No i don't think they will be revealing anything with webOS for sometime. Apparently they are still reworking the platform. I wouldn't expect a device now until around the holidays"
    well i hate to say it but i might have to go to another platform . not really wanting to though .
    ĦṔ-Ḷṫ-Ŧḯη
    Here is a direct link to webOS Doc for all carriers
    http://www.webos-internals.org/wiki/...octor_Versions
    P.S. if i have helped you and you are thankful please hit the thanks button to the right---->
    Global Posts
    100 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by SirataXero View Post
    If you were a "die hard webos fan" then you're kinda dying (away from WebOS) really easily right now. You have a phone that performs with WebOS wonderfully, why would you want to switch? If the only reason you don't have an EVO yet is because of the inferior snapdragon, why did you get a Pre with it's inferior processor when the iPhone's was that much better/faster in the first place? If you were to say these things without beginning with "I consider myself a die hard webos fan", the rest of your statements wouldn't have been so ironic.

/endrant.

Let the flames begin, I guess. : /.
    first of all, I said i've, meaning I have always, which is how one implies past tense. I'm still a big fan, but couldn't call myself a die hard anymore.

the pre's processor was not inferior at launch. Not in the way the gimped snapdragon is with it's gpu capabilities.

I understand you felt you needed to vent, but so did I so chill..

in the end to be honest, I don't know if I would have the guts to switch to another platform, but one thing I DO want is to upgrade once a year. It's a funny situation that i'm sure we'll only have to put up with this year because of the merger. If I do get another phone, it will be just until the next Palm device hits...
    Global Posts
    100 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by rexalbel View Post
    this is unfortunately where I'm at, my pre is dying and I cannot replace it. I can no longer make calls without using speakerphone. Also been getting alot of freezing up and letter skipping on the keyboard. I hate that I might have to switch to android but am waiting until either a new device is announced or the epic is released.
    I think the epic is the only one i'd settle for too. But like you, would rather hear about the next palm phone and get that..

I'm hoping the Palm will be at least leaked by the time the Epic is release, which still isn't announced with a date anyway...
    I'm in the process of switching to AT&T for reasons that have nothing to do with either Sprint or Palm. But I will not be choosing a Palm smartphone when I switch.
    Powered by Palm since 1996...
    Palm Pilot > Palm V > Tungsten T > Trēo 650 > Centro > Prē > Prē F102

...gave up and switched to iPhone4 7/15/10
    Quote Originally Posted by doublebullout View Post
    I'm in the process of switching to AT&T for reasons that have nothing to do with either Sprint or Palm. But I will not be choosing a Palm smartphone when I switch.
    Dated tech is dated tech. I wouldn't blame you for a second. I hate apple, but I'd take an Iphone4 over a Pre plus any day.
    Quote Originally Posted by Shadavis08 View Post
    well i hate to say it but i might have to go to another platform . not really wanting to though .
    Why would you have to if you don't want to? Is the temptation that bad?
    Quote Originally Posted by QuarlesLT View Post
    Why would you have to if you don't want to? Is the temptation that bad?
    you know i take care of my stuff but this phone is crap as far as build . im sure many would agree . i would love another palm phone but having to wait so long inbetween phones is kind of a bummer . i will try to wait for sure.
    ĦṔ-Ḷṫ-Ŧḯη
    Here is a direct link to webOS Doc for all carriers
    http://www.webos-internals.org/wiki/...octor_Versions
    P.S. if i have helped you and you are thankful please hit the thanks button to the right---->
    I do agree, and I feel I can wait also as long as I don't drop my Pre a couple of times. I wouldn't care about waiting, though, if I was still under my contract, LOL.
    The title of this thread might be "Palm c40 info" but it is pure speculation and rumour, (more's the pity), so there's no reason for frustration. If you don't want to be disappointed, don't base your expectations on speculation.
    Global Posts
    716 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by johncc View Post
    The title of this thread might be "Palm c40 info" but it is pure speculation and rumour, (more's the pity), so there's no reason for frustration. If you don't want to be disappointed, don't base your expectations on speculation.
    People are disappointed because we don't have any information about the C40 or whatever other devices are in the works. Waiting isn't the problem for many people, it is the lack of information and the feeling that we have to wait another six to twelve months for the next release(2 years between releases is far far far too long in this industry).
    Global Posts
    716 Global Posts
    For those who can't wait, the F105 kernel at 1005MHz really helps keep the Palm Pre Plus competitive in most ways. The only real issue is the screen size doesn't scream that it is an amazing phone, and to be honest, a larger screen would also allow for a larger battery(I'll probably go with a Seidio 2600mAh soon).

This is something that many people just don't understand...

Overclocked, the Palm Pre Plus gives a 1GHz processor and 512MB RAM device, which is just what the iPhone 4 and the other new devices have. As a result, the ONLY real reason to jump to another device would be if you feel the need for a larger screen.

Since the plus versions of the Pre have better hardware quality(the AT&T version I have really is solid, no Oreo, good keyboard, no problems to speak of), the only problem people might have with getting a new Pre would be if you are on Sprint, which is still at 256MB of RAM instead of the 512MB the plus versions have.

Now, when it comes to the whole merger and such, Palm SHOULD have had a new device ready to go by now. The merger may have delayed things for advertising purposes, but if Palm is going to be working as a subsidiary of HP rather than a division, then unless manufacturing is being moved to a different company/facility, the merger should NOT have changed when the device is READY for mass production.

If the production of the new devices is being pushed back by six months or more due to the merger, then the hardware specs should be upgraded so the new phone will be competitive. What I do NOT want to see is the new Palm phone being released on Sprint at 1GHz in December, then AT&T releasing the same 1GHz phone in June with the iPhone 4 being released as a 1.5GHz device, which would again make the Palm phone seem like a phone from last year. I want my next Palm phone to be seen as a cutting edge device at the time I buy it, not when it was first released 10 months prior to AT&T releasing it.
    Quote Originally Posted by Targon View Post
    For those who can't wait, the F105 kernel at 1005MHz really helps keep the Palm Pre Plus competitive in most ways. The only real issue is the screen size doesn't scream that it is an amazing phone, and to be honest, a larger screen would also allow for a larger battery(I'll probably go with a Seidio 2600mAh soon).

This is something that many people just don't understand...

Overclocked, the Palm Pre Plus gives a 1GHz processor and 512MB RAM device, which is just what the iPhone 4 and the other new devices have. As a result, the ONLY real reason to jump to another device would be if you feel the need for a larger screen.

Since the plus versions of the Pre have better hardware quality(the AT&T version I have really is solid, no Oreo, good keyboard, no problems to speak of), the only problem people might have with getting a new Pre would be if you are on Sprint, which is still at 256MB of RAM instead of the 512MB the plus versions have.

Now, when it comes to the whole merger and such, Palm SHOULD have had a new device ready to go by now. The merger may have delayed things for advertising purposes, but if Palm is going to be working as a subsidiary of HP rather than a division, then unless manufacturing is being moved to a different company/facility, the merger should NOT have changed when the device is READY for mass production.

If the production of the new devices is being pushed back by six months or more due to the merger, then the hardware specs should be upgraded so the new phone will be competitive. What I do NOT want to see is the new Palm phone being released on Sprint at 1GHz in December, then AT&T releasing the same 1GHz phone in June with the iPhone 4 being released as a 1.5GHz device, which would again make the Palm phone seem like a phone from last year. I want my next Palm phone to be seen as a cutting edge device at the time I buy it, not when it was first released 10 months prior to AT&T releasing it.
    +1

hes right people even though rumors is rumors, and even with my insider information pointing to the new device. It is only logical Palm had this device ready, or almost ready before the merger. So the wait is almost surely tweaks, as well as production of the device. So lets wait for the next device, and not worry. Its already been stated a million times a smartphone is coming, and if I were everyone else I too would recommend getting the F105 kernal it adds more then enough life to the phone even the sprint version, because it eliminates the TMC error all together so the insufficent ram isnt really a bother at that point. They are also testing a 1.5ghz so stay tuned, and to me what the internals at hombrew are able to do even if they release the next device at only 1ghz, best believe theyd be able to overclock that up to and past the competition.
    Quote Originally Posted by wellwellwell11 View Post
    +1

hes right people even though rumors is rumors, and even with my insider information pointing to the new device. It is only logical Palm had this device ready, or almost ready before the merger. So the wait is almost surely tweaks, as well as production of the device. So lets wait for the next device, and not worry. Its already been stated a million times a smartphone is coming, and if I were everyone else I too would recommend getting the F105 kernal it adds more then enough life to the phone even the sprint version, because it eliminates the TMC error all together so the insufficent ram isnt really a bother at that point. They are also testing a 1.5ghz so stay tuned, and to me what the internals at hombrew are able to do even if they release the next device at only 1ghz, best believe theyd be able to overclock that up to and past the competition.
    You just said it yourself IMO. We've been told a million times that a smart phone is coming, yet we still haven't heard even a bit of information. I know I'm tired of hearing it, I want to see something.

You're other suggestion is to push the phone well past the boundries suggested by Palm. First off, that is not a legitimate answer, it's a band aid. Second, the majority of the Pre using public won't do that and are unaware that they can.

The ball is being dropped here, it's time to show us something.
    Unfortunately for us, Palm is trying to prevent the Osborne effect by not releasing too much information about its plans for new phones. This makes is frustrating for those of us are able to upgrade as well as new users who don't want the old hardware when new hardware may be just around the corner.

I fit into the later category. I don't have a webOS phone yet. I want one but I don't want to buy a Pre in order to get one. I would rather wait and get the latest and greatest. However, the longer HP makes us wait, the more I and users like me will be willing to look elsewhere, even if it means accepting the flaws of another device and/or platform.

So PLEASE HP, give us something. Not in the fall, not in the winter. Please give us what we want NOW.

</end rant>