Page 64 of 84 FirstFirst ... 1454596061626364656667686974 ... LastLast
Results 1,261 to 1,280 of 1662
    hey they just merged 10 days ago, give it some time for that thing to gestate, like another 10 days, then we can despair.
    Last edited by windzilla; 07/12/2010 at 02:30 PM.
    There are four lights.
    No Updates, flash or announcement of new hardware.....just pitiful
    I need a new phone soon (not just for my geek side) so if one is not announced before the epic comes out then I may have to get it for a bit.
    Mobile beat lasts till tomorrow right? and we still havent heard from Sprints 4G VP. I haven't entirely given up hope.
    I don't think Phil should have even given his keynote if he didn't have any new news. All his keynote really did was stab us in the heart and say wait longer as you lay there wounded! They could have just sent out an email to precentral saying "cannot announce yet, just stay tuned" instead of doing a whole keynote. All of that build up was just a total letdown. Please palm/hp just give us a timeframe.
    Global Posts
    100 Global Posts
    what a bad day. First I land at a certain airport with a student (flight instructor) for a specific restaurant and it was closed, now this. I'm worried to take back off with how my day is going...

honestly i've always considered myself a die hard webos fan since it came out, but not sure I can keep waiting if something isn't given to us by the time the Epic comes out. Only reason I won't go get an Evo today is because it uses the inferior snapdragon...
    In their defense, they didnt even suggest any possibility of a new product announcement. So give them a break.

On the other hand, I think any product announcements will have Ruby involved. SO i was not surprised.
    Global Posts
    301 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by bulls96 View Post
    In their defense, they didnt even suggest any possibility of a new product announcement. So give them a break.

On the other hand, I think any product announcements will have Ruby involved. SO i was not surprised.
    Agree. Funny on how they still have competitions with the Pre Plus vs. Droid, Droid 2, etc. because the Pre is very well put together and still beats out other devices that just came out. I am sure they are trying to put a device together that will be around for a few years and not get out-dated as soon as it comes out.
    Sprint Phones owned since Fall of 2001: Samsung I300, Samsung I330, Samsung I500, Treo 600, Treo 650, Treo 700p, Centro, 800w, Palm Pre, Samsung Epic and now the HTC 3D EVO.
    Complete and Utter Disappointment
    The Original Owner of the AT&T Pre3
    Global Posts
    79 Global Posts
    this kinda sucks. I know they didn't tell us to expect anything, but most of us are running a device that was announced 18 months ago. I love webos, I have turned 2 people from the iphone 3g and some windows mobile device to the pre and pixi, respectively. My phone is overclocked, I have a ton of patches, and I've bought a ton of apps. But I still think that we're due a new phone. And since this is the only conference for a while, I am kinda dissapointed.
    Global Posts
    78 Global Posts
    I'm with the rest of you that waiting for the announcement of a new device is damn near killing me. I've been checking back here daily hoping for some news from one of the thread's so-called insiders like "Jackson" or "NitoXys" knowing full well that anything here is to be taken with a grain of salt.

That said, how great is webOS when I won't switch to an EVO or iPhone 4 or anything else because my overclocked Pre/webOS is something I'm not willing to part with? Answer: Pretty damn great!

Last week I bricked (really bricked--as in webOS doctor not recognizing my device bricked) my launch day Sprint Pre. I had a chance to get an EVO but didn't even consider it. I got my second Pre and am happily running webOS overclocked and patched into oblivion.

The new device is on it's way. But again, how great is webOS when it keeps users like me loyal, even in the face of such great phones as iphone 4, EVO and Droid X?

Waiting for an announcement of new hardware is tough, but parting with webOS for me, is unthinkable. At least for now it is.

NOTE: My new Sprint Pre has a noticeably better keyboard than my launch day Pre. Clickier. And the oreo effect is almost non-existent. Running at 800mhz and loving it.
    Yes, how dare they not meet the expectations that you all made up completely in your own heads! Shame on them!

Anybody who put any thought into it knew there would be no announcement of new hardware, nor did HP or Palm do anything to suggest there would be.
    Quote Originally Posted by idontwan2know View Post
    Yes, how dare they not meet the expectations that you all made up completely in your own heads! Shame on them!

Anybody who put any thought into it knew there would be no announcement of new hardware, nor did HP or Palm do anything to suggest there would be.
    True but don't we deserve at least a hint? Something like "We will go over new devices this month"?
    I dunno is it 2 much to ask for the original June adopter (sprint) for a new hardware or hint of it ??? Still trying to figure the point of 2days meeting nothing that we haven't heard before.
    Quote Originally Posted by mjrei View Post
    I'm with the rest of you that waiting for the announcement of a new device is damn near killing me. I've been checking back here daily hoping for some news from one of the thread's so-called insiders like "Jackson" or "NitoXys" knowing full well that anything here is to be taken with a grain of salt.

That said, how great is webOS when I won't switch to an EVO or iPhone 4 or anything else because my overclocked Pre/webOS is something I'm not willing to part with? Answer: Pretty damn great!

Last week I bricked (really bricked--as in webOS doctor not recognizing my device bricked) my launch day Sprint Pre. I had a chance to get an EVO but didn't even consider it. I got my second Pre and am happily running webOS overclocked and patched into oblivion.

The new device is on it's way. But again, how great is webOS when it keeps users like me loyal, even in the face of such great phones as iphone 4, EVO and Droid X?

Waiting for an announcement of new hardware is tough, but parting with webOS for me, is unthinkable. At least for now it is.

NOTE: My new Sprint Pre has a noticeably better keyboard than my launch day Pre. Clickier. And the oreo effect is almost non-existent. Running at 800mhz and loving it.
    same thing happened to me BUT

1) After a month the pre fell back to its old form or oreo and mushy keys.(Keyboard is still good but not great).

2) I managed to warp a part of my screen my using it outside. It got really hot and I was using it, put it down for a few minutes while I went to get a drink, came back and part of the plastic screen was melted

This happened a month ago in palm springs. Now I am waiting for a phone to replace the pre and am a little dissapointed that I dont even have a rumor to hang on to. All I need to know is that plam webos device is coming in a month or two. oh well...
    Jackson chimed in:

"No i don't think they will be revealing anything with webOS for sometime. Apparently they are still reworking the platform. I wouldn't expect a device now until around the holidays"
    Well.. at least it should be here by the time my 2-year hardware upgrade is up... hopefully.
    Developer of Ultimate Hockey, netSpeed, BatteryMonitor, The Ghastly Headset,
    netSpeed HD, St4rs and Matrix Exhibition
    -------------------------------------------------------------------
    Follow my webOS projects on my blog and follow me on twitter
    Well, that makes no sense. Why would they jeopardize their current Sprint customer? They ought to know that the number one rule with customers is to keep the ones you've already earned. It's hard enough getting customers, especially in an environment like this. They should come out and at least give a general time frame and maybe a few basic specs. Not too much information that other companies can key on, but something like screen size and something like front facing camera, or camera specs. Just enough teaser information to keep the faithful...faithful.

Personally, I'm not leaving until my Pre+ dies and I can't replace it. I personally don't like Android, as it is too much like desktop linux with way too much *beep* getting in the way of the user experience. It's fine for some but not for me, nor, I would suspect, a great deal of WebOS and IOS users. BB users...maybe...depends on the person, but a lot of them won't touch another OS for other reasons.
    Quote Originally Posted by Soorma View Post
    Jackson chimed in:

"No i don't think they will be revealing anything with webOS for sometime. Apparently they are still reworking the platform. I wouldn't expect a device now until around the holidays"
    ugh... that's no good!
    Quote Originally Posted by Soorma View Post
    Jackson chimed in:

Wow. This better be one heck of a device. I feel like we "Premiere"/early adopters have been played, they only wanted us to upgrade to the Evo this whole time.