Page 63 of 84 FirstFirst ... 1353585960616263646566676873 ... LastLast
Results 1,241 to 1,260 of 1662
    Soorma, you could ask Jackson for us.
    Global Posts
    100 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Abyssul View Post
    http://gartenblog.net/about/
    Ah, thanks for that. It does seem he would know what he's talking about then, but since he's not associated with Palm or HP, I don't see how him talking about 2 new products could mean that it's for our benefit (as WebOS lovers). Although given other comments by the HP and Palm staff and the timing of everything I would like to think at least it's partially in our favor...
    Maybe I'm clueless, but I see nothing in Gartenberg's background or interests that would lead me to believe that this is referring to any Palm/HP products.
    Global Posts
    25 Global Posts
    Up for an Upgrade as of July 1st ..... Waiting patiently for some kind of news...Something like the HTC EVO with WebOS and I'm in =0)
    If nothing is announced tomorrow, I'm going to start worrying that whatever Palm had in the pipeline got scratched by HP. Not completely of course, but there is a chance that the merger has delayed it long enough that it simply wouldn't be an impact device anymore.

Lets face it, even a Evo spec phone with WebOS wouldn't impress the masses right now. If it's 1ghz phone with a nice camera that runs WebOS we'll all be very happy, but would it grab more market share? To the average user, it's just another option with less recognition then something from apple or android. Sure a big marketing push will help, but it would be much more effective it the next WebOS marketing push was behind the first dual core phone or something similar.

I think I just talked myself into wanting HPalm to wait longer. The tag line "The first dual core smart phone, powered by WebOS" makes me smile.
    Quote Originally Posted by subversiveasset View Post
    Maybe I'm clueless, but I see nothing in Gartenberg's background or interests that would lead me to believe that this is referring to any Palm/HP products.
    According to his About Gartenberg Page, he's has a weekly column on Engadget. Other interesting quotes:

"Michael helps clients understand the impact of how technologies change consumer behavior and how they can best make decisions to reach consumers who seek access to contextually relevant information, wherever they are and on whatever device they choose to use."

"A long time blogger, Michael has been ranked by TechnoBabble among the top 50 most influential analyst bloggers. He is the only analyst ranked in the top 10 of both most influential as well as engaging analysts on Twitter according to Edelman’s TweetLevel."

That first quote sounds like just the kind of consultant HPalm might have working for them. Or at the same time the kind of consultant Palm would want on their side as they try to push webOS

Also, with a regular column on engadget, he seems to me like just the kind of person that any major Tech company would like to share a secret with for their early review.

I'm really looking forward to noon tomorrow which is about the time I'll be able to check PreCentral and find out what was revealed, if anything, in the keynote speach.
    Global Posts
    844 Global Posts
    my pre brings as much joy as a etropcs phone right now. Lol
    Quote Originally Posted by frankos72 View Post
    That first quote sounds like just the kind of consultant HPalm might have working for them. Or at the same time the kind of consultant Palm would want on their side as they try to push webOS

Also, with a regular column on engadget, he seems to me like just the kind of person that any major Tech company would like to share a secret with for their early review.
    Hopefully not, the guy is sort of an ***** (or at least comes across that way in everything he writes). If you ever read his posts on Engadget, there's absolutely no insight in any of them.
    Nitoxy:

Where is the leak now? I just wanna know how ur "friend at palm" responds when he says there will be a leak and it never came? Does he just shrivel up and say I dont know. Or does he give you an explanation and tell you other rumors?
    Quote Originally Posted by Vyruz Reaper View Post
    Nitoxy:

Where is the leak now? I just wanna know how ur "friend at palm" responds when he says there will be a leak and it never came? Does he just shrivel up and say I dont know. Or does he give you an explanation and tell you other rumors?
    His "friend at Palm" was never real. Stop giving the benefit of the doubt to someone who has repeatedly lied.
    I just hope they demo the new and upcoming features of WebOS on a "mystery device" that starts creating some buzz ....that'll get the tech blogger's attention for sure!
    Quote Originally Posted by Tiddlekins View Post
    His "friend at Palm" was never real. Stop giving the benefit of the doubt to someone who has repeatedly lied.
    (its 4am) and I just had a fantastic dream. Hpalm announced a new webOS phone in an iPhone 4 form factor. bash on apple if you'd like, i think the iPhone 4 is damn sexy.
    No luck at MobileBeat. I've lost whatever hope I had left.

If I helped you or you have downloaded one of my files,
    then least you could do is click the "Thanks" button.
    Global Posts
    93 Global Posts
    yea im with you. im tired of waiting
    Global Posts
    476 Global Posts
    I'm disappointed. While I'm not yet in the market for a new phone I was definitely hoping for some news on hardware. Let the speculation continue!
    Global Posts
    108 Global Posts
    I think its safe to say we're all tired of waiting. As for me, I'd rather use my year-old overclocked pre than android or IOS. It still does the basic every-day use actions more elegantly and efficiently. So I'm passively holding out.
    Same here....***sigh*** talk about blue balling....
    Ditto.
    total let down..yesterday I played with evo but still not sold on it..still love my pre!!! But this wait is just gettin out of hand.. Waitin on news bout new devices, waitin on flash, waitin on webos update 1.4.5.1, waitin waitin waitin waitin... Why does it take so long?? Give us something!!!