Page 62 of 84 FirstFirst ... 1252575859606162636465666772 ... LastLast
Results 1,221 to 1,240 of 1662
    I'm getting really anxious to hear about something. All i know is that they better not disappoint. There are a lot of people counting on palm to come out with a bang. As time goes by my list for what i want to see hardware wise and software wise grows. Only because the competition just keeps on increasing.
    I don't care if it comes out in the fall or around Christmas but a peek would be nice. Palm also needs to start paying software developers to come onto webos. Webos needs the crucial apps. So much for palm to do, so little time.
    I disagree with everyone insisting on leaks even for hardware 6 months out. That's what happened with the Pre and all the buzz died away.
    Apple has this right. Present the product no more than a month from release and the buzz is still there.
    Of course, I want more of a BANG than a buzz from H/Palm this time.
    Go Palm!
    lets just see what happens monday
    Quote Originally Posted by TheVisibleShadow View Post
    I disagree with everyone insisting on leaks even for hardware 6 months out. That's what happened with the Pre and all the buzz died away.
    Apple has this right. Present the product no more than a month from release and the buzz is still there.
    Of course, I want more of a BANG than a buzz from H/Palm this time.
    Go Palm!
    yup I agree with you but some kind of specs would be cool on a low profile.
    I dunno... I think I'd like a spec-less leak. Don't tell us what's coming... just tell us when. I could live with that. It would save me some time, actually.
    Who's flying this thing?
    Quote Originally Posted by snowbound View Post
    I dunno... I think I'd like a spec-less leak. Don't tell us what's coming... just tell us when. I could live with that. It would save me some time, actually.
    i could live with that but then it would have to be atleast one month before the release to keep the buzz
    Hi all,

Since my contract with V still is ongoing, (ends in Oct, after 2 years), for my trusty old Centro, I wasn't able to get a Pre, (I was therefore sidelined)!

Now that my contract is almost up, I am willing to change carrier. Just like everyone else here, I just want the facts, as to what carrier gets the new product 1st and what exactly is it.

I feel like a kid standing in front of Toys "r" us, waiting for them to open for today's business. LOL

Take care,

Jay
    Please Support Research into Fibromyalgia, Chronic Pain and Spinal Injuries. If You Suffer from These, Consider Joining or Better Yet Forming a Support Group. No One Should Suffer from the Burden of Chronic Pain, Jay M. S. Founder, Leesburg Fibromyalgia/Resources Group
    Quote Originally Posted by OmegaSupreme View Post
    another job opening for a product design lead engineer listed on palm's career site. nothing facinating, but the bolded part keeps me hopeful.

Product Design Engineer

Job ID 5376
    Job Location Sunnyvale
    Job Category Engineering
    Date Posted Jul 9, 2010

HP-Palm is seeking a Senior Mechanical Product Design Engineer to join our cross-functional team to design high volume consumer electronic products for the mobile computing market. This role offers you the opportunity to become a key team member defining and developing exciting products from concept into production.
    We are looking for a team leader to work alongside, guide, and mentor Mechanical Product Design Engineers and overseas ODM/JDM mechanical teams. The ideal candidate will have excellent communication skills, creative problem solving skills, a strong technical background, and bring significant experience in fast-track product development of handheld electronic devices.

blah... blah... blah...

8+ years relevant experience in consumer electronic product design (phone design preferred)
    Looking at the current plastics quality, what Palm really need are Plastics Engineers. A friend from my batch (Plastics Engineering, UMass Lowell) is working for Motorola and validating vendors and material choices for all Motorola devices.
    twitter.com/Gartenberg/status/18280458218

A man that knows something (sorry, I'm not allowed to post links).
    Nice find stuartjmoore. Would it be too much to ask if the two gadgets Gartenberg is referencing are a webOS tablet and a new webOS smartphone? I mean, I would be happy with just one new device announcement, but why stop there?
    Global Posts
    100 Global Posts
    who is the Gartenberg? I can't seem to link him to a company other than some 'altimeter team'.
    Quote Originally Posted by asharrop View Post
    who is the Gartenberg? I can't seem to link him to a company other than some 'altimeter team'.
    http://gartenblog.net/about/
    I think he's from engadget.
    Global Posts
    108 Global Posts
    Putting 2 and 2 together.... Mobile beat tomorrow + HP's keynote... maybe Gartenberg is saying just that?
    I hope he's referring to at least one Palm/HP device.
    I think tomorrow will be more software than hardware. Talking about devs, os features, etc...
    i'd really like a webos tablet, that runs flash, has stylus support (im a student), lets you split the screen in half for two different apps, has a good office suit.. If hp could get microsoft office, that be nothing short of amazing.
    They will not announce new hardware without Ruby being there.

McKinney will talk about the future of WebOS on multiple platforms.
    Global Posts
    196 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by idontwan2know View Post
    They will not announce new hardware without Ruby being there.

McKinney will talk about the future of WebOS on multiple platforms.
    I tend to agree with this. Also, the keynote is only scheduled for 30 minutes. That doesn't seem like enough time for a new device announcement.
    Quote Originally Posted by dsei View Post
    I tend to agree with this. Also, the keynote is only scheduled for 30 minutes. That doesn't seem like enough time for a new device announcement.
    Maybe they will drop a few hints about the new devices and then announce a event for later in the week?
    The Original Owner of the AT&T Pre3