Page 61 of 84 FirstFirst ... 1151565758596061626364656671 ... LastLast
Results 1,201 to 1,220 of 1662
    I honestly don't see any reason why they would release a new WebOs product prior to September or at least the WebOs 1.5 or 2.0 software overhaul. Additionally, the existing model hints that Sprint will likely get the device first since those existing Palm product customers are hungry for new harware (not to mention that AT&T and Verizon just launched the Pre & Pixi plus versions about 6 months ago). The carrier release plan appears staggered to maintain demand and move inventory. Back to the original point, however, it's not likely a new product would launch without being able to debut an overhauled Webos 1.5 or 2.0. Just my 02 cents.
    It would be a slap in the face of Sprint if HPalm decided to launch with another carrier, imo.

Verizon has too much of a hard-on for Android, and they botched their launch of the VZW Pre Plus. Hopefully HPalm is aware of this.

AT&T's network would not be a good showcase for the next Palm product(s), and they have their hands full with the iPhones and modest Androids.

I think the smart way to go would be to reward Sprint's launch loyalty with a new 4G handheld and possibly slate. T-Mo wouldn't be too bad of an outlet either to spread webOS.
    Last edited by smknutson; 07/08/2010 at 05:08 PM.
    Help keep WebOS homebrew alive! Donate to WebOS Internals!

Sprint Pre Plus - WebOS 2.1.0 - F105 Thunderchief Kernel

Einhorn is Finkel! ... Finkel is Einhorn!

-- Sent from my Palm Pre
    Global Posts
    203 Global Posts
    I think that HPalm will come out with a device before winter. I will be waiting for the following generation HPalm device which will have much more HP backing in every way, as well as more apps. I believe HP will also have a connection between HPalm smartphones and other webOS enabled devices.
    Global Posts
    93 Global Posts
    i know they have something, i just wish they would show it to us!!!
    Global Posts
    541 Global Posts
    I really hope HP doesn't try Verizon first, as I really like GPS nav on my Sprint Pre, and Verizon has apparently dropped the ball majorly on that, unless I am behind the news curve.

Sure do hope HPalm does get a modern phone out. I just got my wife the first US Cellular android phone, a "low end" Samsung Acclaim, and it is quite a bit nicer in terms of microSD slot, way better sliding keyboard, and the phone software (no accidental hangups just touching the red button on the screen!) and way better speakerphone volume without distortion at adequate volume. BUT, the Android OS isn't as intuitive, and I think you only get one open app at a time, (though I am a total Android newb).

Here's hoping for an HPalm home run in time for the World Series!
    ya no one ever mentions the hang up issue! We need a slider or something to hang up. It should NEVER be a button on a touchscreen needs to be a slider button
    Enough carrier talk... Launch on ALL major carriers!!

with HP, they dont have to limit themselves now. Now they have the resources to promote and sell!
    you'd think that since the merger already became official we'd have some more information being leaked about the next device. hopefully this is the calm before the storm.
    Global Posts
    93 Global Posts
    if i lived in cali i would so be at MobileBeat 2010!

Soorma have you heard anything from jackson lately?
    Global Posts
    734 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Emceesquared View Post
    you'd think that since the merger already became official we'd have some more information being leaked about the next device. hopefully this is the calm before the storm.
    Actually, given all the superphones coming out, I would much prefer it if this was the storm before the calm!
    I've seen things you people wouldn't believe...

Roi Batty

palm IIIe(clear plastic)/m130/Tungsten E/Sprint Treo 650/Treo 755p
    Quote Originally Posted by Emceesquared View Post
    Since HP will announce new hardware @ MobileBeat (ok, so it isn't definite, but the description of MobileBeat sure implied new hardware), I bet they are trying to keep stuff from leaking. We don't want another iPhone 4, do we
    Sprint Palm Pre - WebOS 2.1 > Sprint HTC Arrive
    Quote Originally Posted by djprelude View Post
    if i lived in cali i would so be at MobileBeat 2010!

Soorma have you heard anything from jackson lately?

No, nothing lately.
    The Original Owner of the AT&T Pre3
    "...Palm SVP Michael Abbott will be the company’s first executive appearance since the Palm Pre’s launch..."

3 headliners
    Palm
    Google
    Nokia

There are and will always be killer phones coming out every month or two, plus my feeling is HP/Palm's big thing really is the tablet for Holidays.

Phone now helps pave the way for what will really be their big push in a few months. They will learn alot in this release so that the tablet release will be even better by the inevitable 'lessons learned' and integration of webos on another device.

IMO
    Global Posts
    196 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by funkmeisterbrau View Post
    "...Palm SVP Michael Abbott will be the company’s first executive appearance since the Palm Pre’s launch..."

Pretty sure that was for last year's Mobilebeat. Michael Abbott works for Twitter now.
    Global Posts
    476 Global Posts
    I don't think these companies need to wait for the large expos and conferences like CES and the rest. Hell look at what Verizon did with the Droid X. It was some small little thing in NYC.. barely a blip on the radar as far as scale is concerned. The game has changed...these guys are shootin out phone when they are ready and announcing them on whatever time table they see fit. Who needs CES when you have Twitter and the internet. Things just happen now.
    Man i pray its about new hardware.....cmon HPalm
    Global Posts
    442 Global Posts
    MobileBeat 2010

Notice the #3 speaker on the list on the left side:
    Phil McKinney
    HP Personal Systems Group, VP and CTO
    Did a little more digging around. On June 17th, engadget posted the following article What's going on with the HP Slate? -- Engadget in which Phil McKinney himself talked about the HP Slate and "talked about the downsides of using existing operating systems for new types of devices" and "extolled the virtues of webOS."

I'm not gonna say something is GOING to happen at MobileBeat, but I do think it's likely.
    Yes I am crying. I just would like new HPalm hardware that runs a faster chip, good headphone jack and a 1/4-1/2" bigger screen. If they at least made that life could go on.
    Sprint: 2-TouchPad 32g, Frank.-Pre-2, Pre-, MiFi & 1-LG Lotus with Xlink tied to home handsets. Backups: 650 & 700wx

HP Please release the CDMA Pre3 phones!
    We want them!!!
    Really starving for any kind of info...hopefully something gets announced next week. Palm did a pretty good job surprising everyone in Jan 2009, there were no leaks or anything leading up.
    another job opening for a product design lead engineer listed on palm's career site. nothing facinating, but the bolded part keeps me hopeful.

Product Design Engineer

Job ID 5376
    Job Location Sunnyvale
    Job Category Engineering
    Date Posted Jul 9, 2010

HP-Palm is seeking a Senior Mechanical Product Design Engineer to join our cross-functional team to design high volume consumer electronic products for the mobile computing market. This role offers you the opportunity to become a key team member defining and developing exciting products from concept into production.
    We are looking for a team leader to work alongside, guide, and mentor Mechanical Product Design Engineers and overseas ODM/JDM mechanical teams. The ideal candidate will have excellent communication skills, creative problem solving skills, a strong technical background, and bring significant experience in fast-track product development of handheld electronic devices.

blah... blah... blah...

• 8+ years relevant experience in consumer electronic product design (phone design preferred)