Page 59 of 84 FirstFirst ... 949545556575859606162636469 ... LastLast
Results 1,161 to 1,180 of 1662
    Quote Originally Posted by funkmeisterbrau View Post
    for what its worth today in ozcarguide? mostly rehash of what we have here, maybe they got it from here ...

". . .
    HP-Palm products to watch out for

There are a couple of products that have been rumored to come out of this acquisition, but two in particular stand out.

HP Hurricane aka Slate

The HP Slate Windows Phone 7 version is rumored to be coming back as the HP Hurricane running Web OS. Previously, it was believed that HP dropped the Slate due to issues with WP7. Now with a more stable platform, HP looks set to bring it back.

HP C40

The Palm C40 which was never made it past a concept stage is expected to return as the HP C40, coupled with some HP hardware changes. With Palm's Web OS already a great platform, HP is expected to add killer hardware for the device including a large 4-inch+ high res screen, LCD display, upgraded 8-megapixel camera (from 5-megapixel), 720p HD video recording and overall a larger and better device than the Palm Pre.

The smartphone is speculated for release sometime in Q3 2010".
    The last bit is probably a good guess, but everything else just seems like they are spitting out rumors that people post on forums like this.

If I helped you or you have downloaded one of my files,
    then least you could do is click the "Thanks" button.
    just alittle more reassurrance that sprint and palm relationship is intact, I recieved a email today from HP/Palm relations regarding such:

Teri Klein to me
    show details 1:25 PM (40 minutes ago)

Images are not displayed.
    Display images below - Always display images from Teri.Klein@palm.com
    Dear Sir,

Palm's relationship with Sprint remains intact and strong.

Sincerely,

Palm Investor Relations

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    From: donotreply@broadcast.shareholder.com [donotreply@broadcast.shareholder.com]
    Sent: Saturday, June 26, 2010 6:34 AM
    To: Teri Klein
    Subject: relationship with sprint

The following comment was submitted via the Palm, Inc. website by .

goodmorning, question from all the WEBOS users on Sprint. We know that the HP aquistion is coming to a close soon, as well as a new device in the pipeline. My question is knowing after the CFO comments has alot of Sprint customer concerned thinking the relationship with Palm and sprint is over. My question is, what is the relationship with Sprint, is it still intact for releasing new products on that carrier. Knowing you cannot give information on pipelines, and new releases, we were hoping that you could atleast shed some light on the releationship with sprint. Thank you.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Palm, Inc.
    950 W. Maude Ave.
    Sunnyvale, CA 94085
    Global Posts
    93 Global Posts
    thats definitely good to hear for us sprint customers. now if we could only get a leaked pick! lol
    awesome news
    Global Posts
    876 Global Posts
    I don't care about Sprint. I sincerely hope that HP breaks the Palm habit of taking ages to release devices on different carriers and in other countries after the release partner exclusiveness.

I can't wait for next week!
    Quote Originally Posted by spud101 View Post
    I don't care about Sprint. I sincerely hope that HP breaks the Palm habit of taking ages to release devices on different carriers and in other countries after the release partner exclusiveness.

I can't wait for next week!
    and Im pretty sure they will. i dont think HPalm will do any more exclusive contracts with any carrier. I see them releasing the next device on each carrier within several months of each other. HP has the funds to rev up production to do so. As well as make the device 4G for compaines like sprint and verizon, and 3G for others like AT&T and Tmobile. So threat not Hp's plan is to have the world using Web OS in every device they manufacture, including smartphones.
    Global Posts
    442 Global Posts
    I'm guessing the main reason Palm did exclusive deals with Sprint and then Verizon was to get the carrier to pay for advertising instead of Palm. But now HP has deep enough pockets that they could do the advertising themselves and just tell people what carriers have the phones.
    Global Posts
    610 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by jmaleh91 View Post
    Possibility that NitOxYs source was talking about it being leaked next Friday on the 9th and then maybe it will be announced on July 12 at MobileBeat2010 which HP's Ceo is going to Keynote.
    I guess well just have to wait a few more days and see.
    Fits with the time Palm leaked the Pre. We had a total of 4 days to wonder what this WebOS thing is and what is this hardware.
    You know, didn't the early access devs hear about the Pixi in advance (in order to get them prepared for a modified screen res?) I wonder if any know anything about a new device coming eventually yet, since it seems almost a given to me that any new device needs to be at least 800x480. Obviously even if they knew, they couldn't tell us, but just something I was wondering about earlier today.
    Global Posts
    66 Global Posts
    bubble from nanapps has something in the works for tablet screen resolution. But i'm quite sure that was just before the hole hp fuzz
    I hope palm speaks up soon my front speaker no longer works not sure it's because of dropping it (first time I ever dropped it) or not, though it isn't really damaged other then a few scrapes so not sure. Obviously this wont be covered so if I cant fix it I'm gonna need a new phone because I can't keep using speakerphone to replace the regular phone, kinda weird when out.

It is kinda funny how I dropped it though. I was bbq'n outside and a bug of some sort flew on my head as i was texting and i jumped and the phone flew right onto the concrete! I was so scared it would have been busted, but i couldn't even tell the damage till examined it the next day in the light. a few small scrapes no cracks or anything, screen works fine. It did shut off when i dropped it, but idk if the speaker was damaged because of that. Reason I say this, is because prior to, I had been having many issues with the speaker not working due to dust in the headphone jack and only putting a paperclip in it fixed it. I wonder if the repeated problem cause this maybe? Anywho, got on it palm and announce a phone. I don't WANT an evo! well, actually probably wont get one. If i HAVE to get a new phone ill get the epic. slightly smaller same specs and keyboard front facing camera I think? but not webos guess I could sell it on ebay a few months later ?

>i730>i850>i870>i880>ic902>instinct>pre>HTC Arrive
    Quote Originally Posted by rexalbel View Post
    , but idk if the speaker was damaged because of that. Reason I say this, is because prior to, I had been having many issues with the speaker not working due to dust in the headphone jack and only putting a paperclip in it fixed it. I wonder if the repeated problem cause this maybe?
    Wouldn't recommend a paperclip or anything conductive. Couldn't be good to short the contacts.
    Quote Originally Posted by johncc View Post
    Wouldn't recommend a paperclip or anything conductive. Couldn't be good to short the contacts.
    I used the rubberized ones, but true. Seemed to be the only thing i could fit in there that helped. blowing or putting a headset in didn't :/

The best method is taking a Q-tip and taking off most of the cotton then rubbing it with rubbing alcohol a little and using that. It will work for a good month of two after that. Then just repeat as needed.
    Global Posts
    31 Global Posts
    Whatever you do Palm/HP, do not make a device as big as the EVO/Droid X.
    Quote Originally Posted by misterSelf View Post
    Whatever you do Palm/HP, do not make a device as big as the EVO/Droid X.
    You know, honestly I don't see this happening. What people keep forgetting about webOS is one very important part... THE GESTURE AREA. In order to have a gesture area, they could not really make the lower part of the phone much smaller and also doing gestures might be harder on a 4.3 inch screen. I can see MAYBE, a 4 inch at TOPS since the samsung epic is about the shape which I'd expect the next device to be and has a lower area about that size as well. (don't expect palm to go all iphone/evo with design honestly it goes against what they are about, even as hp, I believe the device's will always have an earthy rounded look and I don't mind it either as there are enough rounded corner rectangular phones ) ) So for those expecting 4+ don't get your hopes up. for those hoping for 3-5-4 You are porbably getting what you want

Just my .02 )

corner to corner 3.7 - tiny bit bigger than iphone but keeps in the spirit of the current form factor. Unless multiple devices coming . . .

"... the year of the superphone, who will profit from it, and how ..."
    Last edited by funkmeisterbrau; 07/06/2010 at 10:23 PM.
    Quote Originally Posted by rexalbel View Post
    You know, honestly I don't see this happening. What people keep forgetting about webOS is one very important part... THE GESTURE AREA. In order to have a gesture area, they could not really make the lower part of the phone much smaller and also doing gestures might be harder on a 4.3 inch screen. I can see MAYBE, a 4 inch at TOPS since the samsung epic is about the shape which I'd expect the next device to be and has a lower area about that size as well. (don't expect palm to go all iphone/evo with design honestly it goes against what they are about, even as hp, I believe the device's will always have an earthy rounded look and I don't mind it either as there are enough rounded corner rectangular phones ) ) So for those expecting 4+ don't get your hopes up. for those hoping for 3-5-4 You are porbably getting what you want

Just my .02 )
    I actually think gestures are fantastic, and can be a strength as soon.

some points, first the current jesture area on the pre does not extend below the center button, and so there is some wasted realestate there already screen wise. You could flatten out the corners and get an iphone sized screen with the current pre, without losing a gesture area.

also the gestures can be tiny. Try a lil flick on your pre to go back a page, it takes nearly nothing. Could be super efficient on a slate, not having to move for a back icon, just swish your thumb.
    Global Posts
    565 Global Posts
    Give me a 3.5 to 3.7 inch screen. Anything larger than 4" is too big to be comfortably pocketable. Any phone that makes me think "Do I want to carry this thing" is not worth it for me because I'm going to leave it in the car, at the house, etc on short trips which defeats the purpose of having the phone.
    Quote Originally Posted by jhoff80 View Post
    You know, didn't the early access devs hear about the Pixi in advance (in order to get them prepared for a modified screen res?) I wonder if any know anything about a new device coming eventually yet, since it seems almost a given to me that any new device needs to be at least 800x480. Obviously even if they knew, they couldn't tell us, but just something I was wondering about earlier today.
    Highly doubt it. The Pixi was the same generation as the pre. Not that it really makes a difference, but it was a smaller release to fill a gap in the smartphone market. This is a whole new device, with a whole new company. And if they did get word, I am sure there would be a leak by now. And think about it, if they go 960x640, devs will not need to update the apps asap, the OS will just use 4 pixels instead of 1, or that is what would be expected. I suspect this to be a huge launch. I mean we will get NO leaks. They want to wow us, not bore us like the iPhone did. Here is my opinions of what is going to happen:

August 1: Pre2 announcement.

Specs:
    3.4in screen, 960x640 LCD screen (Pixel Qi?)
    1500 mAh battery
    Tegra 2 processor
    1GB RAM
    webOS 1.5
    Portrait slider, improved build quality and keyboard
    8mp camera
    VGA front camera

Ships late September for Holiday season.

*crosses fingers*