Page 58 of 84 FirstFirst ... 848535455565758596061626368 ... LastLast
Results 1,141 to 1,160 of 1662
    Devices is a general term for smartphones, laptops, slates and so on...
    I know but would love to hear them just say Phones. While I might be using Android more then Webos nowadays I am not married to any one OS and if the next webos phone fits my needs better then a android phone I want that option so I hope they have a phone sooner rather then later.

Quote Originally Posted by netwrkr9 View Post
    Devices is a general term for smartphones, laptops, slates and so on...
    if you see the hp guy mckinney with the palm developers on the video, link on precentral front page, you'll see that he clearly mentions smartphones, along with other devices.

using a mobile OS on multiple devices is the new trend. That's why apple changed the name of their OS to iOS, so it can be used on the ipad, touch,and phone. Same with android. And now, same with HPalm.

folks, the light is at the end of the tunnel. All the clouds have a silver lining. The glass is half full.

by the way, Duh Logic states the next webOS device will indeed be a smartphone with a bigger screen, faster processor, more ram, an updated webOS, a better camera, with more apps, and with a bigger battery. My source is EXTREMELY reliable. However, he/she does not know if there will be 4G or what carrier will have it first, nor whether there will be a physical keyboard. The release date is TBA, you can bank on that date...
    keyboard
    Global Posts
    87 Global Posts
    yes, they have said phones. "Our interest is in the PHONE business, no if, ands, or buts about it!" -Phil Mckinney
    oh well...no leaks till now. Merger happened 2 days back. Patience is really a virtue.
    July 12...
    Global Posts
    87 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by slowpoke View Post
    July 12...

I sure hope so! This waiting game is getting very tiring!
    im feeling a few weeks until we hear something official. They still have to consoldate workers from Palm and HP right now, and thats their focus. So it will all be in good time.
    Its got to be July 12th. Russ McGuire, VP of Strategy, Sprint; Todd A. Rowley VP of 4G, Sprint. Fingers crossed for a sprint premiere with 4G
    I agree I think July 12 th is a day we will learn alot about future products. I still xpect a few minor leaks ( real leaks not the bogus kkrap in these threads) along the way.
    Global Posts
    87 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by VaccPalm View Post
    I agree I think July 12 th is a day we will learn alot about future products. I still xpect a few minor leaks ( real leaks not the bogus kkrap in these threads) along the way.
    VaccPalm NEVER agrees this easily so for him to agree right away, I am very optimistic! LOL
    Global Posts
    100 Global Posts
    well if july 12th comes and goes with no announcement then i'm gonna have to jump ship to the Evo.

haha, nah just kidding I just wanted to see what it felt like to be one of “those” guys. It felt dirty, time to go shower.

I agree it looks like july 12th will be it. Long live Palm!
    I have seen the light. lol.
    I am very negative to any of thee leaks. But now that the merger/buyout is complete Im am positive the "real " leaks will be coming and all will be known. We all know a new phone will be coming (who knows when ) Means little to me if I actualyl will buy a new HP phone BUT I want WEBOS to become huge so there will be this game changing webos phone that I will want to buy.(not sure they can but I do want it) Also for all you WEBOS lovers you deserve a phone with WEBOS that can challenge the Iphone and Androids. We have all suffered with the bad build of OS and the promise of what WEBOS could have been on a top hardware device. Imagine WEBOS in a device with EVO specs. A Dream phone.

Quote Originally Posted by prince201 View Post
    VaccPalm NEVER agrees this easily so for him to agree right away, I am very optimistic! LOL
    Quote Originally Posted by slowpoke View Post
    July 12...
    I really really hope so!
    Juan

2010-2011 Champions!

realisticly, I think a new HPalm phone will come out by summer 2012, after the HPalm slate or other device. Hopefully I'm very wrong and it comes out sooner.
    Global Posts
    734 Global Posts
    I can EASILY wait till July 12 to see whassup - would love to stay with Palm, would really love to stay with SERO but I guess there's no way that can happen if I upgrade my phone...
    I've seen things you people wouldn't believe...

Roi Batty

palm IIIe(clear plastic)/m130/Tungsten E/Sprint Treo 650/Treo 755p
    I really hope they do release a new phone in the next couple of months. I have a small crack on my screen, which is just big enough to be annoying. I have insurance buy why pay $100 if a new phone will be out soon!
    Definitely interesting for the MobileBeat 2010 conference.

Here are some clues:

Speakers (that we care about):
    Phil McKinney - HP Personal Systems Group, VP and CTO
    Todd A. Rowley - Sprint, Vice President of 4G
    Russ McGuire - Sprint Nextel, VP Corporate Strategy

Quote from blog:
    "While he can’t necessarily speak to the acquisition, you can bet HP Product Chief Phil McKinney will deliver a momentous keynote on the future of mobile software innovation."

It's interesting to see that Sprint is bringing two speakers and one of them being head of the 4G department.

Overall of conference:
    "The Perfect Storm of Innovation Why do device makers need to innovate in software in the current market? How does this play into the coming deluge of connected devices? McKinney shares developments now underway at his own organization, including HP’s vision for next-generation connected devices, and how to tap into the promise of the cloud."

While I don't believe he will release a device, he will definitely provide some hints to this never ending cat-and-mouse game for the next gen device.

If I helped you or you have downloaded one of my files,
    then least you could do is click the "Thanks" button.
    Possibility that NitOxYs source was talking about it being leaked next Friday on the 9th and then maybe it will be announced on July 12 at MobileBeat2010 which HP's Ceo is going to Keynote.
    I guess well just have to wait a few more days and see.
    for what its worth today in ozcarguide? mostly rehash of what we have here, maybe they got it from here ...

". . .
    HP-Palm products to watch out for

There are a couple of products that have been rumored to come out of this acquisition, but two in particular stand out.

HP Hurricane aka Slate

The HP Slate Windows Phone 7 version is rumored to be coming back as the HP Hurricane running Web OS. Previously, it was believed that HP dropped the Slate due to issues with WP7. Now with a more stable platform, HP looks set to bring it back.

HP C40

The Palm C40 which was never made it past a concept stage is expected to return as the HP C40, coupled with some HP hardware changes. With Palm's Web OS already a great platform, HP is expected to add killer hardware for the device including a large 4-inch+ high res screen, LCD display, upgraded 8-megapixel camera (from 5-megapixel), 720p HD video recording and overall a larger and better device than the Palm Pre.

The smartphone is speculated for release sometime in Q3 2010".