Page 56 of 84 FirstFirst ... 646515253545556575859606166 ... LastLast
Results 1,101 to 1,120 of 1662
    You guys are so gullible...
    Global Posts
    442 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Abyssul View Post
    You guys are so gullible...
    This. If Palm is going to announce new hardware, they will do it at an event (Pre at CES, Pixi at Fashion Week) or with a scheduled press conference.
    i'm a skeptic... espcially when it comes to information posted on a forum... when i see something then i'll believe it.
    For some reference, here are the predictions the amazing kreskin aka NitOxYs has posted in the past:

03/11/2010
    Quote Originally Posted by NitOxYs View Post
    They will announce the future of the PDK, show off applications ported with it. They will also announce a hint towards new hardware coming to Sprint in June/July. At the end they will announce like they did with the games, that Flash Beta is now available to download to U.S. subscribers only via the app catalog. Other countries will get it later on in the week.
    04/21/10
    Sprint will be getting the Palm Pre Plus and the Palm Pixi Plus by the end of May. In turn Palm will announce their new handset to compete with the iPhone 4G in June. Unfortunately it will probably not include a WiMax modem.
    06/08/10:
    3.8" IPS Capacitive Touch Screen
    Cortex A9 1.0-1.2Ghz
    512MB RAM
    OMAP4430 - POWERVR SGX540 Graphics
    16GB - 32GB Internal Memory
    Improved Vertical keyboard - Larger Buttons, better design
    No MicroSD Slot.
    Gesture Area
    1550 MaH Battery
    WebOS 1.5 will introduce a horizontal virtual keyboard.
    4G will be optional, but it will have the modem present.
    This phone will be announced shortly before the closing deal with HP. Early July.
    Unless he posted elsewhere with a different name....not trying to start a flamewar, just sayin... grain of salt
    Why I can believe all the gullible folks here. Ofcourse if there was a announcment today I would have to eat my hat. But i somehow doubt it.
    Quote Originally Posted by krische View Post
    This. If Palm is going to announce new hardware, they will do it at an event (Pre at CES, Pixi at Fashion Week) or with a scheduled press conference.
    There is a huge difference between an announcement and a leak. The iphone 4 made it's debut through a leak.

Quote Originally Posted by Emceesquared View Post
    i'm a skeptic... espcially when it comes to information posted on a forum... when i see something then i'll believe it.
    Something tells me you don't go to church
    Quote Originally Posted by Beanis View Post
    Something tells me you don't go to church
    we'll save that conversation for another thread.
    Global Posts
    79 Global Posts
    You guys relax. We all know there is a device, HP even confirmed it multiple times. The folks who read these forums account for less than 1% of hpalm's sales, so any leak here wont create buzz or free press. HP needs to make a calculated move, and needs to be smart, with a good marketing campaign behind it. The "merger" closed yesterday, managers/engineers/HR are now starting to integrate with HP. This will take months if not years.

The smart thing to do is to repair carrier relationships in the US (nobody wants to f--k with HP because of their business dominance), make new ones globally, use HP's monopoly in IT framework, and penetrate what apple has failed so far, steal away crackberry users. The TREO 700 did it, I am sure HPalm can do it again...

I hope.
    Hey!

I went over to Rahul Sood's blog (CTO at HP) and he has a really encouraging, new post...

Quote Originally Posted by Rahul Sood View Post
    The deal is closed, rest assured you will see WebOS live across a number of new devices, I just can't wait to get my hands on some of the cool new stuff. No more covert BS, you will likely see more news around about HP and Palm, stay tuned and keep searching Google ;-)
    http://www.rahulsood.com/2010/07/wel...#disqus_thread
    The Original Owner of the AT&T Pre3
    you won't generate much buzz with a leak late Friday before a 3-day weekend (presuming the US is a main target market)
    Global Posts
    36 Global Posts
    One thing to note, is if it NitOxYs who will do the leak, then he only seems to post at night so we would have to wait.
    its not gonna happen today boys. A couple things, I used to be able to get a lot of leaks with sprint and vzw devices, plans, networks etc etc.. and while I had a good track record nd while my sources were real, sometimes big companies make changes. Doesnt mean that anyone is wrong. **** happens, plans changes, and while employees etc are told one thing at the last second corporate can make a change.

that being said I highly doubt that HP will go about showing their new device with a "leak". They already have buzz going just with buying plam and it closing. Holding a press confrence about the completed buyout plus hey look, we have a couple new devices coming out in august/sept.

I highly doubt there will be a leak or announcement if the phone isnt ready. HP will ot make the same MISTAKE as palm and announce a phone to be released 6 months later. I am going to guess there will be a 2 month maximum wait from leak/announcement to phone availability.
    Quote Originally Posted by DCForever View Post
    One thing to note, is if it NitOxYs who will do the leak, then he only seems to post at night so we would have to wait.
    Not so sure about that. He claimed that he was told that there would be a leak or an announcement. It sounds like the leak or announcement is something out of his control.
    Global Posts
    215 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Azure Viper View Post
    Not so sure about that. He claimed that he was told that there would be a leak or an announcement. It sounds like the leak or announcement is something out of his control.
    It is out of my control. This is what I was told. If something is going to be leaked it was suppose to before the long weekend. They will announce a new device soon at an event that's guaranteed. However he (The person I know at Palm) hinting at Friday being a leak day. I told you guys to take what I say with a grain of salt before. Companies aren't always on track with things especially since the merger and the failure to sell phones. Let alone having to work with Adobe/Flash. I'll be really surprised if someone from Palm doesn't leak something today. Just Sayin'. I really have nothing to gain from this, other than ****ing people off, and that's something I'm not trying to do. I'm just trying to relay information to dedicated Palm fans.
    Sprint Palm 2 - Developer Mode - 2.1.0
    It is out of my control. This is what I was told. If something is going to be leaked it was suppose to before the long weekend. They will announce a new device soon at an event that's guaranteed. However he (The person I know at Palm) hinting at Friday being a leak day. I told you guys to take what I say with a grain of salt before. Companies aren't always on track with things especially since the merger and the failure to sell phones. Let alone having to work with Adobe/Flash. I'll be really surprised if someone from Palm doesn't leak something today. Just Sayin'. I really have nothing to gain from this, other than ****ing people off, and that's something I'm not trying to do. I'm just trying to relay information to dedicated Palm fans.
    you should delete this and never mention that again. And a mod should delete my post. Stay under the radar brother. Dont wany anyone to get fired now would we?
    I think a leak would help palm if anything, not hurt it. Palm has about as good of a reputation as sprint. The common person thinks it's not good and underappreciates it due to reputation, but in relaity it is a great value and purchase
    How do you know this wasn't a ploy by HP to flush out potential leaks? In that case, your source is in trouble.
    Global Posts
    79 Global Posts
    This is properly the wrong place to post this, but I think Palm's update to the app store is soon. If you choose the "WebUI for WebOS" app from the app store, it shows up in the gray background (instead of the blue), resembling the background from the palm dev conference. Could be code error, but it's a sign updates are coming.
    Global Posts
    79 Global Posts
    Picture of the app store with gray background.
    Attached Images Attached Images