Page 54 of 84 FirstFirst ... 444495051525354555657585964 ... LastLast
Results 1,061 to 1,080 of 1662
  1. #1061  
    if it looks like the pics posted i would bite. wouldnt go for the perposed processor though. but the keyboard looks nice like the first one more
  2. #1062  
    Quote Originally Posted by Doc31 View Post
    and your point is???
    Somebody went to the trouble of updating the keyboard and specs. This might be validating the first picture...now with final specs.
  3. doc31's Avatar
    Posts
    707 Posts
    Global Posts
    919 Global Posts
    #1063  
    Quote Originally Posted by ramurphyjr View Post
    Somebody went to the trouble of updating the keyboard and specs. This might be validating the first picture...now with final specs.
    lmao no the guy from the forums who designed/created the mock-up first used the blackberry KB then later changed it to the Pixi KB, his spec were just hopes.
    I don't care what you say SPRINT kicks
    Treo650/Treo700p/Treo700wx/Treo755/HTC Touch/ Treo Pro/ Touch Pro/ Touch Diamond / Palm Pre / HTC EVO Shift / Nexus S 4G
    My Themes - Prethemer
  4. #1064  
    Quote Originally Posted by sburlbaw View Post
    Oh boy I cannot wait for H/Palms next phone!
    Hi,

    You said it!

    Take care, Jay
    Please Support Research into Fibromyalgia, Chronic Pain and Spinal Injuries. If You Suffer from These, Consider Joining or Better Yet Forming a Support Group. No One Should Suffer from the Burden of Chronic Pain, Jay M. S. Founder, Leesburg Fibromyalgia/Resources Group
  5. #1065  
    "While it is no HTC Evo 4G or iPhone 4, the HP C40 sounds on par with other popular handsets such as the HTC Incredible, Desire and Google Nexus One."

    I hope it's more than what that article is saying as the phones it is compared to will be 5-9 months old by the time it is out. I'd still happily upgrade though.
  6. #1066  
    "Palm's Web OS is arguably one of the best platforms out there at the moment, unfortunately they lack stellar hardware. This is where HP hopefully comes in."

    "While it is no HTC Evo 4G or iPhone 4, the HP C40 sounds on par with other popular handsets such as the HTC Incredible, Desire and Google Nexus uno"

    If it is arguably one of the best platforms outthere... why would it not compete with evo or iphone? Taken with a grain of salt.
    I do like the mock up.... the pre form factor with a 4 in hi res screen, hottest proccesor and 2gb micron ddr2 memory would be sick!
  7. #1067  
    Quote Originally Posted by lxAMNxl View Post
    Do you mean Polygons per second? or color depth bit? If you mean the first, then here's a list of the GPUs used so far:

    - SGX530 (14 MPolys/s, 500Mpx/s@200MHz) for the handheld mobile market.
    - SGX535 (28 MPolys/s, 1Gpx/s@200MHz, Max Memory Band (GB/s) 4.2GB/s) for handheld high end mobile, portable, MID, UMPC, consumer, and automotive devices (Intel calls it the GMA 500)

    SGX is usually used with OMAP.

    The iPhone 4 has:
    Apple A4SGX535 + VXD375 + Cortex-A8

    Snapdragon uses the AMD Z430 GPU which is inferior to SGX535 if I'm not mistaken. It is believed that the next gen Snapdragon with Cortex A9 will use a variation of AMD Z460 which is said to be 4x better than the AMD Z430.
    never reakly heard a graphics card described like that. It's usually someothing in multiples of 8 and graphics cards ranged from 8 on the gameboy, 16-32 on the snes, 32 on the ps1, 64 on the n64 and possibly the ds, but not so sure as it seems more grainy then the 64, 96 on the psp, 128 on the ps2,xbox and gamecube, 256 on the wii and 512 on the ps3 and xbox. I'd like to know where the pre stands in this comparison (im guessing 64 or 96 as games seem psp quality but at the least better then the wii)

    also could one explain what this number means as it is what I have used to measure graphics quality on systems and pc purchases.
  8. #1068  
    Quote Originally Posted by clutch1222 View Post
    "Palm's Web OS is arguably one of the best platforms out there at the moment, unfortunately they lack stellar hardware. This is where HP hopefully comes in."

    "While it is no HTC Evo 4G or iPhone 4, the HP C40 sounds on par with other popular handsets such as the HTC Incredible, Desire and Google Nexus uno"

    If it is arguably one of the best platforms outthere... why would it not compete with evo or iphone? Taken with a grain of salt.
    I do like the mock up.... the pre form factor with a 4 in hi res screen, hottest proccesor and 2gb micron ddr2 memory would be sick!
    I second that even with my pre with the F105 clocked at 1ghz I tested it with a evo and its just as fast, and in some instances faster then it. Again the upside Webos will always have will be WeboS its OS is the best on the market. I like many others cant even see going to another OS at this point after using webos. That being said as long as the clock base is 1ghz, enough ram to run mulitple programs, a better cameria, larger screen, battery life, and the hardware is on par (which all rumors state so) compete is a understatment C40 will dominate.
  9. #1069  
    I don't know if anyone else notices this, but I'd like a flush camera lense. I notice it gets dingy quite often and cleaning it is hard without a qtip around. Sometimes when I need a quick shot I realize the picture is hazy due to the lens and can't fix it quickly. Just alittle thing no one probably thinks about
  10. #1070  
    Quote Originally Posted by rexalbel View Post
    never reakly heard a graphics card described like that. It's usually someothing in multiples of 8 and graphics cards ranged from 8 on the gameboy, 16-32 on the snes, 32 on the ps1, 64 on the n64 and possibly the ds, but not so sure as it seems more grainy then the 64, 96 on the psp, 128 on the ps2,xbox and gamecube, 256 on the wii and 512 on the ps3 and xbox. I'd like to know where the pre stands in this comparison (im guessing 64 or 96 as games seem psp quality but at the least better then the wii)
    There are a lot of ways to describe graphics capabilities. However, you're crossing numbers. You're thinking of the depth of the color palette, which started with 8-bit (256 colors) with early systems, moving to 16-bit (65,536 colors), then 24-bit (16 million colors). Most systems that refer to 32-bit color are using eight bits for each of the red, green, and blue channels, plus an additional eight bits for transparency or layers.

    You can go higher than this, getting up into true 30-bit, 32-bit, and 48-bit color, but these are comparatively uncommon. Most phones have 16-bit color capabilities at best.

    The numbers you're thinking of for the 64-, 96-, 128-, 256-, and 512-bit performance refer to the memory interface, and help define how fast data can be transferred across the chips. The higher the number, the more data can be transferred per cycle as it's loaded into a block to be copied.
  11. NitOxYs's Avatar
    Posts
    191 Posts
    Global Posts
    215 Global Posts
    #1071  
    Don't worry guys. Tomorrow there will be something leaked or presented. It'll be ok.
    Sprint Palm 2 - Developer Mode - 2.1.0
  12. #1072  
    Quote Originally Posted by NitOxYs View Post
    Don't worry guys. Tomorrow there will be something leaked or presented. It'll be ok.
    i hope so
    Juan

    2010-2011 Champions!

  13. #1073  
    Do you believe the c40 will have a front facing camera? I am guessing that is, whether you want it or not, the wave of the future.
  14. DCForever's Avatar
    Posts
    33 Posts
    Global Posts
    36 Global Posts
    #1074  
    I really hope that whatever hardware they release, it is future facing as in a compass, gyroscope, front facing camera, and anything else that needs apis to be used that aren't yet in webOS, but will be either soon or even eventually.
  15. #1075  
    Quote Originally Posted by NitOxYs View Post
    Don't worry guys. Tomorrow there will be something leaked or presented. It'll be ok.
    Wha wha WHAT?! Don't tease me bro. That's a bold claim. Really hope it's true though!
  16. #1076  
    Front face camera one they become common will be nice. Its just hard to find anyone to video chat with now. But will become common place soon enough. Whatever the next webos phone it better have one or its just another mistake. the people want them. Got to give the people what they want if you want to succeed.
  17. #1077  
    Quote Originally Posted by NitOxYs View Post
    Don't worry guys. Tomorrow there will be something leaked or presented. It'll be ok.

    Looking forward to seeing how HP is going to move forward with web os. I got my email today from Palm promising new devices soon. I suppose that could mean anything , a printer, net book etc. they better be more specific soon.
  18. #1078  
    Quote Originally Posted by NitOxYs View Post
    Don't worry guys. Tomorrow there will be something leaked or presented. It'll be ok.
    you think ? that would be nice if that did happen
    ĦṔ-Ḷṫ-Ŧḯη
    Here is a direct link to webOS Doc for all carriers
    http://www.webos-internals.org/wiki/...octor_Versions
    P.S. if i have helped you and you are thankful please hit the thanks button to the right---->
  19. NitOxYs's Avatar
    Posts
    191 Posts
    Global Posts
    215 Global Posts
    #1079  
    Quote Originally Posted by Azure Viper View Post
    Wha wha WHAT?! Don't tease me bro. That's a bold claim. Really hope it's true though!
    That's what I heard... And it's "Don't tase me bro"
    Sprint Palm 2 - Developer Mode - 2.1.0
  20. #1080  
    Quote Originally Posted by NitOxYs View Post
    That's what I heard... And it's "Don't tase me bro"
    He phrased it as a pun. If I have to explain it, then it ruins the pun.


    If I helped you or you have downloaded one of my files,
    then least you could do is click the "Thanks" button.

Tags for this Thread

Posting Permissions