Page 52 of 84 FirstFirst ... 242474849505152535455565762 ... LastLast
Results 1,021 to 1,040 of 1662
    Quote Originally Posted by Courousant View Post
    that last pic looks a lot like card-view to me.
    same thing i saw. sjob'em, hp!
    Wow, lots of that looks just like WebOS!

Oy vey!

Lawyers are gonna be very very busy, me thinks!
    "The more I learn, the more I realize just how little I really do know!" -Albert Einstein

Global Posts
    442 Global Posts
    video:

I'd say it's like 75% webos and 25% android.

The card view, launcher, and unlock are practically just WebOS with different icons
    - launcher is the same with five icons on the bottom. Main icon screen overlays with grey background.
    - The unlock screen just moved the lock icon to the top right instead of bottom center. It's still just a 'move it out of a zone' deal

It looks like it borrowed some of the 'press and hold' context menus from Android.

EDIT: Never mind on the lock screen. It looks like you move the lock icon to a little spot in the middle of the screen. Apple has a patent on "moving an image from one predetermined location to another predetermined location to unlock" so that might get them in trouble.
    Last edited by krische; 06/30/2010 at 03:02 PM.
    Global Posts
    71 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by krische View Post
    video:

I'd say it's like 75% webos and 25% android.

The card view, launcher, and unlock are practically just WebOS with different icons
    - launcher is the same with five icons on the bottom. Main icon screen overlays with grey background.
    - The unlock screen just moved the lock icon to the top right instead of bottom center. It's still just a 'move it out of a zone' deal

It looks like it borrowed some of the 'press and hold' context menus from Android.
    You do realize that the "unlock" was copied from Apple right?
    Global Posts
    71 Global Posts
    Yeah but Meego will be on Nokia phones. We know how well those sell here in the States
    Ahahaha that just made my day. You're completely right. However, some people are already in the habit of buying phones unlocked, thus the "N9" can become a great rival both in hardware/specs and OS wise as you can see by the screenshots.
    I hope they have all of there patents in order because otherwise the HP lawyers are gonna have an early christmas.
    Quote Originally Posted by lxAMNxl View Post
    The reason why Android needs all of that horse power is for one reason alone, and that is Virtual Machine. Unlike the rest of the OSes out there, Android runs everything in a VM which requires more power than necessary. Take for example an Apple owner. If he/she wanted to run Windows on their Apple product they would most likely install a VM to run it. Anything that's run on a VM is wayy slower/choppier than natively booting it up (ie dual booting into Windows instead of running it on a VM). If Google were to miraculously remove the VM and made the OS run like the rest then it wouldn't need all of the horsepower.
    oh ok, thats interesting to know that thanks for the information.
    Global Posts
    71 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by mysterfix View Post
    I hope they have all of there patents in order because otherwise the HP lawyers are gonna have an early christmas.
    Lol, you do realize that Nokia has like a gazillion of patents right, ranging from hardware tech to OS tech?
    Global Posts
    442 Global Posts
    You do realize that the "unlock" was copied from Apple right?
    I was commenting on the difference. On the iphone, you move an icon horizontal from one spot to another specific spot. On WebOS, you just move it out of a zone in any direction. (Thus Palm can't be sued for patent infringement, since Apple's patent states it's from one specific location to another specific location)

I originally thought the MeeGO lock screen was the same like WebOS where you just moved the icon out of the zone. But it looks like you have to move it to a specific spot.
    Global Posts
    442 Global Posts
    Lol, you do realize that Nokia has like a gazillion of patents right, ranging from hardware tech to OS tech?
    This. Palm and Nokia have been in the phone business a lot longer than Apple has.
    Global Posts
    71 Global Posts
    I was commenting on the difference. On the iphone, you move an icon horizontal from one spot to another specific spot. On WebOS, you just move it out of a zone in any direction. (Thus Palm can't be sued for patent infringement, since Apple's patent states it's from one specific location to another specific location)

I originally thought the MeeGO lock screen was the same like WebOS where you just moved the icon out of the zone. But it looks like you have to move it to a specific spot.
    You're absolutely right. Everyone has a "distinct" way of implementing it, but some aren't that "innovative/creative" so Apple is always on the look-out lol.
    Global Posts
    71 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by wellwellwell11 View Post
    oh ok, thats interesting to know that thanks for the information.
    Np sir, glad to have helped in some way ^^.
    Yes, I do and no doubt HP's lawyers will be working overtime to make sure "their" patents have not been infringed upon.
    I really hope the new palm phone hits before the holiday season starts. I'm usually insanely broke during that time of year. My son get his toys before I get mine, we can't have Santa neglecting the kids after all. Lol
    Global Posts
    71 Global Posts
    Yes, I do and no doubt HP's lawyers will be working overtime to make sure "their" patents have not been infringed upon.
    No doubt about it, but for right now I'm thinking that they'll lay low since they won't want to make a big fuss about it and spend HP's money right? That in mind, keep in mind that Nokia has the most patents than any mobile manufacturer. If I'm mistaken, Nokia hasn't gotten into any patent problems in regards to their OS?
    Global Posts
    71 Global Posts
    I really hope the new palm phone hits before the holiday season starts. I'm usually insanely broke during that time of year. My son get his toys before I get mine, we can't have Santa neglecting the kids after all. Lol
    Lol, but doesn't Santa deserve something good for once
    No doubt about it, but for right now I'm thinking that they'll lay low since they won't want to make a big fuss about it and spend HP's money right? That in mind, keep in mind that Nokia has the most patents than any mobile manufacturer. If I'm mistaken, Nokia hasn't gotten into any patent problems in regards to their OS?
    I was only thinking that HP might not want to share the spotlight with Nokia and would there for have to bring legal action to keep nokia out of the game for a bit.
    Nokia hasn't had their own OS have they? It thought they used Symbian previously. They are having lots of issues with hardware patents however Apple and Nokia are really battling it out right now. What would be interesting would be HP choosing to exercise their new palm IP muscle against one or both of them.

Apple would be in real trouble if that happened.
    Global Posts
    71 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by modeerf View Post
    Nokia hasn't had their own OS have they? It thought they used Symbian previously. They are having lots of issues with hardware patents however Apple and Nokia are really battling it out right now. What would be interesting would be HP choosing to exercise their new palm IP muscle against one or both of them.

Apple would be in real trouble if that happened.
    You mean Symbian (ie S40, S60...) and Maemo? Well, Symbian wasn't completely their own if you put it that way, but they owned Symbian 80%+ didn't they? And then made Symbian open source, thus S^1 coming to existence. Do you mean Apple is having hardware infringements (ie not paying royalties to Nokia for using their HSPA tech or something like that)? or is Nokia having them? Well, HP has patents in respect to computers, not mobile right? If that were the case, then HP would defend Palm's "interests", however, why would they for right now if Palm hasn't shown anything good for HP to take into consideration?
    Apple would go down easily lol.
    Global Posts
    442 Global Posts
    I doubt HP or Palm would get into a patent battle. The only ones who would win are the lawyers. Both companies have such a vast array of patents across all types of electronics that it probably wouldn't be worth it to fight each other.