Page 51 of 84 FirstFirst ... 41464748495051525354555661 ... LastLast
Results 1,001 to 1,020 of 1662
    Quote Originally Posted by lxAMNxl View Post
    IMO, anything between 3.8" - 4.1" is fine as long as they don't put a huge bezel around the screen (ie iPad ).
    While you may think the bezel around the iPad screen is too big, it does serve an important purpose. It makes it possible to hold the iPad securely with one hand without having your thumb touching the screen. A large bezel on a phone is largely unnecessary, both because a phone is lighter than an iPad and because phones can be "palmed" with one hand. Unless it's an iPhone 4, of course.
    Powered by Palm since 1996...
    Palm Pilot > Palm V > Tungsten T > Trēo 650 > Centro > Prē > Prē F102

...gave up and switched to iPhone4 7/15/10
    Global Posts
    752 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Soorma View Post
    Hey Everybody!

Jackson contacted me today that he had started a little blog for upcoming 4G devices. I went over there and checked it out.

"HP c40- THis was formerly known as the palm c40 until the company was bought out by HP. This device will be the first of HP's new mobile line featuring web OS. It will have a large 4.0 + " high res screen, LCD, 8mp camera, 720p recording, just an overall larger and better device than the pre. The time frame for this was supposed to be Q3 2010 but that could be pushed back to Q4. HP is doing some changes to the UI as well. From what has been floating around the mill its all good things though, making web browsing faster and gestures more useful. If your not a fan of android, and don't feel like hopping over to ATT for the iPhone this gadget will be a perfect one for you!"

Its slightly different from what I posted before.
    Upcoming 4G Devices
    Holy crap, they're gonna release 2ghz phones next winter!?

Hope the H-Palm device doesn't slip to Q4 though.. I don't see anybody buying a webos phone until there's new hardware - with the current competition..

oscarguide isn't very reputable and they are quoting what jackson said on his blog word for word.
    Wasn't that image created by a poster in here??
    Quote Originally Posted by finngirl View Post
    Wasn't that image created by a poster in here??
    Yes - those are the same images someone on these forums posted as what he wanted the next webOS phone to be.

I'd say that fact proves the site has not one ounce of credibility.
    This jackson guy reminds me of the shadow dude that said he was george lucas's right hand man. That he had scripts to episodes 7 8 and 9.

http://www.supershadow.com/ FTW! Episode 7 on DVD 2021. If were using DVD in 2021, I swear ill drop out of the tech field. Heh
    Last edited by Klownicle; 06/30/2010 at 07:58 AM.
    it does show that it is coming to par, and we will hear something about this phone soon enough from HP/Palm. Also even with these 2ghz phones coming out later this year, if a OS is optimized well enough (and now with HP being able to fund the OS to do so) it doesnt matter about how fast the processor is, if the OS is a slave to it. Android is still choppy, and dosent really benifit from the speed its processor has in it. Its a one touch application launcher, like a iphone, but its not clean like a WebOS or Iphone is. Look at the Iphone 3Gs for example, the speed and cleaness of the Os is still on par with the EVO's, and droids yet boasting only a 600mhz processor, and still alot cleaner when it comes to switching between applications. So as long as the OS for WebOS is optimized like Apples is, I believe they can release a device once a year like apple does and maximize their sales.
    Quote Originally Posted by johncc View Post
    I can't see HP being so involved yet that they would be tinkering with the "nuts & bolts" of UI and browser design.
    Most likely they are just getting some HP branding in the default backgrounds etc.
    i for one am excited. possibly a new webos phone for the holidays!
    Quote Originally Posted by azteckeeper View Post
    i for one am excited. possibly a new webos phone for the holidays!
    Probably see a phone before then
    my bet is the tablet that HP is working on will be in time for the holiday season

to me, that would be a smarter move for palm/hp.

get the tablet right, not rush it.. optimize the heck out of webOS for it so it's perfect
    Quote Originally Posted by kjb86 View Post
    Probably see a phone before then
    my bet is the tablet that HP is working on will be in time for the holiday season

to me, that would be a smarter move for palm/hp.

get the tablet right, not rush it.. optimize the heck out of webOS for it so it's perfect
    Totally agree with you. A tablet release just before the holiday season should result in a large amount of sales, especially if it is going to everything we think it is going to be. But non the less a phone should be relased no later than september, IMO.
    by who may I ask. No one else has a 4g phone?
    Quote Originally Posted by wynand32 View Post
    That's a game that nobody can win. Already, the top-end, be-all, superphone, the Evo, is being superseded by newer devices. HP/Palm just need to put out good, competitive hardware that's solidly built, and then continue to improve webOS.
    Global Posts
    71 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by wellwellwell11 View Post
    it does show that it is coming to par, and we will hear something about this phone soon enough from HP/Palm. Also even with these 2ghz phones coming out later this year, if a OS is optimized well enough (and now with HP being able to fund the OS to do so) it doesnt matter about how fast the processor is, if the OS is a slave to it. Android is still choppy, and dosent really benifit from the speed its processor has in it. Its a one touch application launcher, like a iphone, but its not clean like a WebOS or Iphone is. Look at the Iphone 3Gs for example, the speed and cleaness of the Os is still on par with the EVO's, and droids yet boasting only a 600mhz processor, and still alot cleaner when it comes to switching between applications. So as long as the OS for WebOS is optimized like Apples is, I believe they can release a device once a year like apple does and maximize their sales.
    The reason why Android needs all of that horse power is for one reason alone, and that is Virtual Machine. Unlike the rest of the OSes out there, Android runs everything in a VM which requires more power than necessary. Take for example an Apple owner. If he/she wanted to run Windows on their Apple product they would most likely install a VM to run it. Anything that's run on a VM is wayy slower/choppier than natively booting it up (ie dual booting into Windows instead of running it on a VM). If Google were to miraculously remove the VM and made the OS run like the rest then it wouldn't need all of the horsepower.
    Quote Originally Posted by rudyrude432 View Post
    by who may I ask. No one else has a 4g phone?
    Well, the Samsung Epic has some competitive specs, and it's 4G. And 4G isn't the only criteria--I believe that otherwise the Droid X is higher-spec'd than the Evo in some areas (except, strangely, no front-facing camera).

Point is, the hardware game is impossible to win, and it's been that way forever (not just in smartphones).
    Treo 600 > Treo 650 > HTC Mogul (*****!) > HTC Touch Pro (***** squared!) > PRE! > Epic
    Global Posts
    442 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Krab19 View Post
    Totally agree with you. A tablet release just before the holiday season should result in a large amount of sales, especially if it is going to everything we think it is going to be. But non the less a phone should be relased no later than september, IMO.
    Throwing my hat into this agreement ring as well.

I think HP's game plan is to release a new WebOS phone in Q3. Perhaps advertise it quite a bit to get the WebOS name out there in everyone's minds. Meanwhile, they are trying to make a WebOS tablet similar to the iPad. They will try to get this out in time for the holidays as a strong competitor to iPad.
    the evo is in a class of it's own. There's 4g and 3g you can't compare no matter what. If you aint got it you can't compete. Sorry to spoil it for you. Epic is still lacking on the hardware end so I'll ask again...who is besting the evo 4g?
    Quote Originally Posted by wynand32 View Post
    Well, the Samsung Epic has some competitive specs, and it's 4G. And 4G isn't the only criteria--I believe that otherwise the Droid X is higher-spec'd than the Evo in some areas (except, strangely, no front-facing camera).

Point is, the hardware game is impossible to win, and it's been that way forever (not just in smartphones).
    that last pic looks a lot like card-view to me.
    Global Posts
    442 Global Posts
    Yeah but Meego will be on Nokia phones. We know how well those sell here in the States