Page 50 of 84 FirstFirst ... 40454647484950515253545560 ... LastLast
Results 981 to 1,000 of 1662
    Quote Originally Posted by spudland View Post
    Maybe you would be able to "gesture" yourself from the dinner table to the living room for some quick gaming or a movie.
    If I was sitting on a WebOS Chair, I'd be "gesturing" myself all the time.
    Quote Originally Posted by wellwellwell11 View Post
    im on AT&T too, and to me thats the most logical thing to do since they just released the pre, pixi a month ago. With the launch going very well as stated, they would be dum to jepordize whatever inventory AT&T has left, by releasing another Webos so soon. At&T would have excess inventory of pre, and pixis, and would loose more money doing so.
    AT&T (and Verizon) could conceivably have three tiers, with the new device at the high end, the Pre+ at the midrange (say, for $49), and the Pixi+ as the giveaway webOS device. This is no different than a carrier having multiple Android handsets. So, I wouldn't be surprised at all to see AT&T get the next-gen device sooner rather than later.
    Treo 600 > Treo 650 > HTC Mogul (*****!) > HTC Touch Pro (***** squared!) > PRE! > Epic
    Quote Originally Posted by wynand32 View Post
    AT&T (and Verizon) could conceivably have three tiers, with the new device at the high end, the Pre+ at the midrange (say, for $49), and the Pixi+ as the giveaway webOS device. This is no different than a carrier having multiple Android handsets. So, I wouldn't be surprised at all to see AT&T get the next-gen device sooner rather than later.
    thats true, but Webos is not a established OS in the smartphone divison. Which means most people who have bought the pre plus or pixi plus for AT&T (like me) will most likely opt to either take back, or sell their current phones for a higher end model. With WeboS not a huge factor in the game currently, and sales for mid to low end range devices on the decline, most people will just opt for the best and current model. Think about is how many people are going to verizon and buying a droid eris, or a droid when they can get a droid incrediable. The same can be said when the droid 2, and droid X is released. So looking at that, knowing sales have been good but not great for AT&T on the pre, releasing a another phone and sitting on a still new pre plus, and pixi plus inventory would not be smart business wise. The same reason why I dont think Verizon at this time is inclined to offer a new Web OS phone at this time because of excess inventory, the reason why they still didnt order any for the previous Quarter. Also they are focused on pushing Android at this point (look at what they did already when they first released the pre plus). just my though on it.
    thats true, but Webos is not a established OS in the smartphone divison. Which means most people who have bought the pre plus or pixi plus for AT&T (like me) will most likely opt to either take back, or sell their current phones for a higher end model. With WeboS not a huge factor in the game currently, and sales for mid to low end range devices on the decline, most people will just opt for the best and current model. Think about is how many people are going to verizon and buying a droid eris, or a droid when they can get a droid incrediable. The same can be said when the droid 2, and droid X is released. So looking at that, knowing sales have been good but not great for AT&T on the pre, releasing a another phone and sitting on a still new pre plus, and pixi plus inventory would not be smart business wise. The same reason why I dont think Verizon at this time is inclined to offer a new Web OS phone at this time because of excess inventory, the reason why they still didnt order any for the previous Quarter. Also they are focused on pushing Android at this point (look at what they did already when they first released the pre plus). just my though on it.
    That makes some sense. And, it does tend to argue back toward Sprint, which 1) should have the least inventory on hand and 2) certainly has the _oldest_ inventory on hand. It also argues against Verizon, who apparently still has significant inventory of Pre+/Pixi+.

So, I'm going to conclude that the Sprint negativity has all been posturing on their part, to push Palm (and HP) to do a "better" job at the next device.
    Treo 600 > Treo 650 > HTC Mogul (*****!) > HTC Touch Pro (***** squared!) > PRE! > Epic
    Hey Everybody!

Jackson contacted me today that he had started a little blog for upcoming 4G devices. I went over there and checked it out.

"HP c40- THis was formerly known as the palm c40 until the company was bought out by HP. This device will be the first of HP's new mobile line featuring web OS. It will have a large 4.0 + " high res screen, LCD, 8mp camera, 720p recording, just an overall larger and better device than the pre. The time frame for this was supposed to be Q3 2010 but that could be pushed back to Q4. HP is doing some changes to the UI as well. From what has been floating around the mill its all good things though, making web browsing faster and gestures more useful. If your not a fan of android, and don't feel like hopping over to ATT for the iPhone this gadget will be a perfect one for you!"

Its slightly different from what I posted before.
    Upcoming 4G Devices
    The Original Owner of the AT&T Pre3
    Okay, so, who's the source for this info?
    damn another 6 months with the pre??????????????? ahhhhhhhhhhhh...whatever i hope its worth the damn wait
    We need the front facing camera i dunno how many of you notice...but last nite i saw the iphone4 commercial (on TV) and it was just about the front facing camera....so another thing which apple is gonna brag about that they created first even though EVO came out with it first...we need the front facing camera....my $.02
    I am still hoping for an August release, but iunno if that is enough time for HP to make these "tweaks" he speaks of
    so the question is will this be a over 4inch phone, or a 3.8 inch that NOX stated his leaks stated. Hopefully its 3.8 range, or even 4 flat (over at phonedog the samsung S review Noah stated the screen realestate is stretch more and is alot less bulky then the Evo, saying 4inches should be the max for any phone to make it comfortable). Me personally anything over 3.8 inches (htc incredable) is too big for a phone. Also I'm leaning for a Q3 launch my sources say so too, but also state HP is tweaking the phone a bit which would be the reason for a delay to Q4. Though as stated on that link, my sources also say it will be a sprint phone only until atleast mid to late 2011 when LTE is available for the other carriers, though they did state it may be released alot earlier on another carrier as a 3G variant.
    so the question is will this be a over 4inch phone, or a 3.8 inch that NOX stated his leaks stated. Hopefully its 3.8 range, or even 4 flat (over at phonedog the samsung S review Noah stated the screen realestate is stretch more and is alot less bulky then the Evo, saying 4inches should be the max for any phone to make it comfortable). Me personally anything over 3.8 inches (htc incredable) is too big for a phone. Also I'm leaning for a Q3 launch my sources say so too, but also state HP is tweaking the phone a bit which would be the reason for a delay to Q4. Though as stated on that link, my sources also say it will be a sprint phone only until atleast mid to late 2011 when LTE is available for the other carriers, though they did state it may be released alot earlier on another carrier as a 3G variant.
    It seems to me that if the design's not frozen and production already started, then a Q3 launch would already be impossible. And I wonder what HP would see as so important to "tweak" that it would be worth a delay in this competitive environment.

However, I do suppose it's entirely possible--after all, with HP's backing Palm no longer has to act like a company fighting for its life and can afford a delay or two. And, HP is likely more accustomed to doing things according to the holiday shopping season, and so an October-November release might feel natural to them.

Regardless, I do hope we get some kind of indication once the deal closes this week. It's been way too long since we've had any kind of concrete information.
    Quote Originally Posted by wynand32 View Post
    It seems to me that if the design's not frozen and production already started, then a Q3 launch would already be impossible. And I wonder what HP would see as so important to "tweak" that it would be worth a delay in this competitive environment.

However, I do suppose it's entirely possible--after all, with HP's backing Palm no longer has to act like a company fighting for its life and can afford a delay or two. And, HP is likely more accustomed to doing things according to the holiday shopping season, and so an October-November release might feel natural to them.

Regardless, I do hope we get some kind of indication once the deal closes this week. It's been way too long since we've had any kind of concrete information.

I bet they add a print button (to the UI) so any screen can print easily to any hp web connected printer.
    Global Posts
    71 Global Posts
    IMO, anything between 3.8" - 4.1" is fine as long as they don't put a huge bezel around the screen (ie iPad ).
    I've read around that HP is tweaking the phone/OS, and that the web browser is faster. I don't get the big deal out of WiMax, it's just WiFi but slower lol. I would prefer getting the C40 from T-Mobile as AT&T is still in bed with Apple and will do almost the impossible to not ruin their iPhone sales/spot/stand/etc.... Give me HSPA+ and HP/Palm has a new customer lol, I just hope the carrier doesn't cripple it.
    Quote Originally Posted by concept1 View Post
    I bet they add a print button (to the UI) so any screen can print easily to any hp web connected printer.
    That is a great idea. Hope they thought of it!
    I just hope any sort of new hardware gets released before other companies develop new devices that are better than the new webOS devices...
    Global Posts
    71 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by you1000000 View Post
    I just hope any sort of new hardware gets released before other companies develop new devices that are better than the new webOS devices...
    That is inevitable. HTC and Motorola will both release the best Android devices for this year with unsurpassed specs/hardware. Then early next year Motorola will release another "godly" phone that will beat the one coming this year
    Quote Originally Posted by you1000000 View Post
    That's a game that nobody can win. Already, the top-end, be-all, superphone, the Evo, is being superseded by newer devices. HP/Palm just need to put out good, competitive hardware that's solidly built, and then continue to improve webOS.
    Global Posts
    582 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by SirataXero View Post
    If I was sitting on a WebOS Chair, I'd be "gesturing" myself all the time.
    rotflmmfao! awesome
    Quote Originally Posted by Soorma View Post
    Hey Everybody!

Jackson contacted me today that he had started a little blog for upcoming 4G devices. I went over there and checked it out.

"HP c40- THis was formerly known as the palm c40 until the company was bought out by HP. This device will be the first of HP's new mobile line featuring web OS. It will have a large 4.0 + " high res screen, LCD, 8mp camera, 720p recording, just an overall larger and better device than the pre. The time frame for this was supposed to be Q3 2010 but that could be pushed back to Q4. HP is doing some changes to the UI as well. From what has been floating around the mill its all good things though, making web browsing faster and gestures more useful. If your not a fan of android, and don't feel like hopping over to ATT for the iPhone this gadget will be a perfect one for you!"

Its slightly different from what I posted before.
    Upcoming 4G Devices
    I can't see HP being so involved yet that they would be tinkering with the "nuts & bolts" of UI and browser design.
    Quote Originally Posted by johncc View Post
    I can't see HP being so involved yet that they would be tinkering with the "nuts & bolts" of UI and browser design.
    I don't know but if I had spent a cool $1.2 billion, I would already be involved too.
    The Original Owner of the AT&T Pre3