Page 49 of 84 FirstFirst ... 39444546474849505152535459 ... LastLast
    I am less than a year in (returned my launch pre and waited 3 mo.) and sprint said I can upgrade anytime from pre to evo. (thats the phone I asked about)

So yeah they will add a year to the contract I am guessing??

Selling my Palm things: just make an offer: http://forums.webosnation.com/market...nd-offers.html
    sorry about the double post. seems to do that a lot when i type on my pre.

anyway, I agree most of us sprint users want to stay on sprint and have webos. It's not illogical to ask either as an early adopter of ios would always expect to have ios on att, or an early adopter of android would always expect to have a new android device. Us sprint customers don't care if other carriers get it too, (i for one WANT all carriers to have it because it means more people can see how great it is, and more development) however i think whats frustrating to us sprint employees is the thought of it not being on sprint or not for a while, when we have the ability to upgrade once a year. If two different webos devices came out this year on two different carriers i"d understand. the fact that a pre plus is on another carrier sucks, but is expected, tmobile got the mytouch and then sprint got the hero so it's common. However in sprints case specifically a good portion of us had issues with our pres and all sprint pres have half the memory so I'm sure most sprint pres suffer from tmc errors far to often. We are anxious to get upgraded hardware for more then just something new (though bigger screen is a big plus for me as I have bad vision)

I wish heartbeatz or someone from palm could give some sort of hint to atleast reasure sprint customers that we are not being forgotten to ease the sprint user bases frustration.

anyway to get off this topic, with HP as the main division now, do you all expect to see much more hp apps and integration? a new media player and sync software? some sort of integration from pc to pre, or maybe hp will ramp up palm profile as like an online media/pim sync and backup station? Hp is known for having software for everything. I wouldn't be surprised if streaming media is added to our media player (recent aquisition of music streaming company). so what do you think hp will bring to the table software and UI wise?

>i730>i850>i870>i880>ic902>instinct>pre>HTC Arrive
    Quote Originally Posted by lxAMNxl View Post
    Most people don't stay on the 2 year contract and want a new device like a year before the contract is up, however, not everyone likes the rest of the carriers. Since Sprint never got the Pre/Pixie Plus they were stuck with the original Pre most (if not all) Sprint Pre owners were (still are?) ****ed at Sprint for not getting the Plus. Now that Palm (HP as well now) has an upcoming (phenomenal?) WebOS device and someone mentioned that it won't be Sprint exclusive (and maybe not getting it first?) Sprint customers are getting somewhat mad. Like I said, not many like the other carriers so they don't want to "move" to another one just to pick-up the new WebOS device. Don't know if you understand now
    Thanks for the more detailed explanation. I'm a new Sprint customer and came over for the Pre. I'm used to waiting 2 years and was happily anticipating the Plus at year 1. I think one of two things is going on right now: 1) Sprint can get the Plus, but doesn't want it because they know something new is in the works. 2) Sprint can get the Plus, but doesn't want it, because they want to concentrate on the EVO unless HP/Palm brings something to the table that the other carriers didn't get to launch first.

Until the merger goes through we won't know which it is.

BTW, this is the first time, I've wanted a new device/phone, before my 2 yr contract is up. In fact, there have been plenty of years when I didn't upgrade even when the two years was up. I'll blame my new greed on this forum and this phone for opening my eyes to the possibilities and making me want more (ha, ha).
    I dont think that Sprint is going all Andorid. there not crazy, if a good phone comes out and Sprint wants it , the OS will not matter. that being said , Sprints roadmap for the next few months was released ( leaked ?) today ( front page of android central) and its all Android phones and I think all 4G phones. Not that I expected a WEBOS phone in the next 3 months but its not on Sprints future roadmap as of now. all Android phones. Some very nice ones coming out.
    Quote Originally Posted by VaccPalm View Post
    Sprints roadmap for the next few months was released ( leaked ?) today ( front page of android central) and its all Android phones and I think all 4G phones. Not that I expected a WEBOS phone in the next 3 months but its not on Sprints future roadmap as of now. all Android phones. Some very nice ones coming out.
    As a webOS fan eager for some new hardware on Sprint, I am not concerned with the lack of any webOS devices listed on that roadmap. For one, the leak only lists devices up to early/mid July. It was highly unlikely that Palm was going to churn out a new phone by that date. Secondly, that leak is pretty old. BGR wrote about this roadmap on June 2...
    Hi, my contract is up with V in Oct, luckily for me, by that time we will know what Palm is doing about the PRE II or what ever it will be called! Take care, Jay
    Please Support Research into Fibromyalgia, Chronic Pain and Spinal Injuries. If You Suffer from These, Consider Joining or Better Yet Forming a Support Group. No One Should Suffer from the Burden of Chronic Pain, Jay M. S. Founder, Leesburg Fibromyalgia/Resources Group
    Global Posts
    71 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by bdhu2001 View Post
    Thanks for the more detailed explanation. I'm a new Sprint customer and came over for the Pre. I'm used to waiting 2 years and was happily anticipating the Plus at year 1. I think one of two things is going on right now: 1) Sprint can get the Plus, but doesn't want it because they know something new is in the works. 2) Sprint can get the Plus, but doesn't want it, because they want to concentrate on the EVO unless HP/Palm brings something to the table that the other carriers didn't get to launch first.

Until the merger goes through we won't know which it is.

BTW, this is the first time, I've wanted a new device/phone, before my 2 yr contract is up. In fact, there have been plenty of years when I didn't upgrade even when the two years was up. I'll blame my new greed on this forum and this phone for opening my eyes to the possibilities and making me want more (ha, ha).
    Don't sweat it, glad to have helped you in some way . If you're like me (and many more lol) you're always checking forums everywhere to pick-up the scoop about upcoming devices. That way we know which device to get, or else wait until a pre-view/review comes out to go out and buy it. I for one will be waiting until end of August to see most of the devices for summer. However, the "godly" smartphones will be coming out by/before December. The good thing is that I will never head on over to Verizon, so that eliminates some of the devices from my list .

Haha, once you start getting into forums your "greed" will never end XD
    Dude i really hope HP can make webos awesome, and not make it for printers only.
    Quote Originally Posted by savak View Post
    Dude i really hope HP can make webos awesome, and not make it for printers only.
    Hi, I am sure it will be great for mobile computing/smart phones, as well as everything else, that HP/Palm puts it on! Take care, Jay
    Please Support Research into Fibromyalgia, Chronic Pain and Spinal Injuries. If You Suffer from These, Consider Joining or Better Yet Forming a Support Group. No One Should Suffer from the Burden of Chronic Pain, Jay M. S. Founder, Leesburg Fibromyalgia/Resources Group
    people people before we all get crazy here, lets atleast wait and see which carrier or carriers its announced for first before we jump to conclusions. Lets not just lose hope on it coming to sprint, or AT&T or whoever.
    They paid alot of money for webos . it will be on a whole host of devices from Printer to phones to slates to chairs. well maybe not chairs.

Quote Originally Posted by savak View Post
    I really enjoyed and believe WebOS has the potential to be the most efficient portal into the cloud. However since I am with Sprint Premier I think I am going to give android and the Galaxy a go until the next WebOS phone on sprint comes out next year. If HPalm can release a tablet this year I'm getting it but I just can't handle the poor quality of the Pre any longer. I'm sorry to be leaving but looking forward to owning a WebOS 2.0 device in the future.
    Well that's great, I just got the new iPhone but would have waited had I known the new webos device was coming to AT&T.
    iPhone 4s 64gb for personal, at&t Prē 3 for business. Best of both worlds.
    Quote Originally Posted by VaccPalm View Post
    They paid alot of money for webos . it will be on a whole host of devices from Printer to phones to slates to chairs. well maybe not chairs.
    I would pay a thousand dollars for a chair with WebOS on it.
    Quote Originally Posted by SirataXero View Post
    I would pay a thousand dollars for a chair with WebOS on it.
    Maybe you would be able to "gesture" yourself from the dinner table to the living room for some quick gaming or a movie.
    If "If's" and "But's" were candy and nuts we'd all have a Merry Christmas!

Quote Originally Posted by fernandez21 View Post
    Well that's great, I just got the new iPhone but would have waited had I known the new webos device was coming to AT&T.
    You know, even if the next webOS smartphone starts on Sprint, it'll make it to AT&T soon enough. That's pretty much inevitable.
    Treo 600 > Treo 650 > HTC Mogul (*****!) > HTC Touch Pro (***** squared!) > PRE! > Epic
    Global Posts
    442 Global Posts
    Yeah I don't see HP/Palm keeping the next phone Sprint only for as long as they did the Pre. Or at least I'm hoping they've learned that carrier exclusivity is not the way to go.
    Quote Originally Posted by spudland View Post
    Maybe you would be able to "gesture" yourself from the dinner table to the living room for some quick gaming or a movie.
    I can see the diy youtube videos now ''homemade palm rascle'' lol
    Quote Originally Posted by wynand32 View Post
    You know, even if the next webOS smartphone starts on Sprint, it'll make it to AT&T soon enough. That's pretty much inevitable.
    I knew that, just figured it probably wouldn't get released on AT&T until next year, so I thought new iPhone now, new webos late next year with my upgrade.
    iPhone 4s 64gb for personal, at&t Prē 3 for business. Best of both worlds.
    Quote Originally Posted by fernandez21 View Post
    I knew that, just figured it probably wouldn't get released on AT&T until next year, so I thought new iPhone now, new webos late next year with my upgrade.
    im on AT&T too, and to me thats the most logical thing to do since they just released the pre, pixi a month ago. With the launch going very well as stated, they would be dum to jepordize whatever inventory AT&T has left, by releasing another Webos so soon. At&T would have excess inventory of pre, and pixis, and would loose more money doing so.