Page 48 of 84 FirstFirst ... 38434445464748495051525358 ... LastLast
    I can not fathom a multi carrier launch. It's never happened before.

It is not in Palms best interest to launch a new device on att or verizon, to compete with thir flagship phones.

A launch on Sprint or Tmobile will provide the most attention.

I won't leave Sprint. If another carrier gets it exclusively, I will get a Windows Phone 7 in October. Android doesn't interest me.
    Quote Originally Posted by wynand32 View Post
    Of course, I couldn't care less about the next device being a Sprint exclusive, only that it releases on Sprint at the same time. In fact, for the success of the platform, I'd rather it doesn't have any exclusivity at all.

Are you saying it will launch on another carrier first, or just that it won't launch on Sprint exclusively?
    I agree, only people who like to brag like exclusive phones. I want what's better for the community.
    Sprints flasgship is the Evo, Verizon the Droid and AT&T has the Iphone. There all top sellers. Only Tmobile does not have a flagship.
    but tmobile flagship device will prob be the samsung galaxy S, thats three android devices, and 1 apple.........
    Quote Originally Posted by Schmid7y View Post
    I agree, only people who like to brag like exclusive phones. I want what's better for the community.
    Well every phone is pretty much a exclusive phone. Everyone on here has an exclusive phone when they got it the Pre.

Its not about bragging, theres pretty much no way to get a phone nowadays as they are all pretty much exclusive. No carrier wants a phone the other has. Google tried to sell to all carriers with the nexus one. Was a faliure. You need a carrier behind the product.
    Ahh yes the Vibrant ( what they are calling it) , very nice phone.
    I guess thats good for Android.

Quote Originally Posted by wellwellwell11 View Post
    but tmobile flagship device will prob be the samsung galaxy S, thats three android devices, and 1 apple.........
    or the htc vision coming to Tmobile...

Well, if this doesn’t silence all of the complaints T-Mobile customers have regarding the lack of a true superphone, then I don’t know what could. During AndroidGuys’ podcast, Scotty Brown talked about a discussion he held with an HTC rep regarding a phone they’re working on that should impress the pants off of everyone by the end of this year.

The device in question would have a 4.3-inch touchscreen, an 800MHz dual-core processor, Android 3.0, an 8-megapixel camera, and more. The device would be called the HTC Vision and it’s believed that this will almost certainly be what everyone’s referring to as “Project Emerald”.

either way they too are android bitten, but they were the first to do so with the G1, before anyone one else wanted to take a chance on Android (sound familar). Funny how if you compare the history of the G1 and the Pre (on sprint) they share similar woes their first year, as well as doubts about the OS. Lets hope WebOS continues to improve, and wow the competition as Android seems to be doing.
    It is very similar. I think HP needs to get there WEBOS slates out there. the more webos products in the public domain the more people will know about webos and the better chance they will want a webos smartphone.
    Quote Originally Posted by Beanis View Post
    I can not fathom a multi carrier launch. It's never happened before.
    First, are you sure it's never happened before? Not doubting you, but "never" is a strong word. Hasn't RIM pushed out identical or very similar smartphones on different carriers at once, or very close to each other?

Second, just because something's not been done before doesn't mean it can't happen now. HP is a different company than any other smartphone player. There's no other company that's so diversified as HP. Apple comes closest, selling both Macs and iOS devices, but Apple has historically been very exclusive by nature. HP, on the other hand, is quite accustomed to pushing products through a slew of retail outlets with their PC and printer/multifunction businesses.

Third, I'm not sure that we couldn't see different devices for different carriers. Or, devices that are as differentiated as Blackberries seem to be sometimes.
    Treo 600 > Treo 650 > HTC Mogul (*****!) > HTC Touch Pro (***** squared!) > PRE! > Epic
    Quote Originally Posted by VaccPalm View Post
    It is very similar. I think HP needs to get there WEBOS slates out there. the more webos products in the public domain the more people will know about webos and the better chance they will want a webos smartphone.
    I second that, I hope thats what they intend on doing.
    Sprint had the Instinct and picked up the Pre...then it had the Pre and picked up the Hero...on to the EVO

Verizon had the BB Storm and picked up the Moto Droid...then it picked up the HTC Incredible...on to the Droid X

AT&T had the iPhone and picked up the BB Bold...then the iPhone again...then the Palm Pre Plus...then the iPhone again.

The moral of the story: there is room for more than one phone on a carrier and there is something to be said for having multiple heavy hitters in your line-up.
    Quote Originally Posted by wynand32 View Post
    First, are you sure it's never happened before? Not doubting you, but "never" is a strong word. Hasn't RIM pushed out identical or very similar smartphones on different carriers at once, or very close to each other?
    Also, Palm launched the Treo 700p simultaneously on Sprint and Verizon.
    Quote Originally Posted by Dr.Grace View Post
    Also, Palm launched the Treo 700p simultaneously on Sprint and Verizon.
    You know your right about that. Believ it or not Verizon was first to introduce the 700P but they came out for Sprint and Verizon pretty much at the same time.

Palm Treo 700p now available from Verizon -- Engadget
    Global Posts
    71 Global Posts
    It would be awesome if they managed to get it for T-Mobile or AT&T and Verizon or Sprint with a HPSA+ & CDMA chip =]. Sprint customers have to accept that they were used and move on, just like many others with different devices were (take a look at Nokia with their firmware updates lol). The first WebOS device was a failure. They have to focus on no more than 2 devices with high-end hardware/specs, and then launch a tablet by the end of the year with HP behind. Getting a device to as many people as possible will be a big step. Letting HP know that they didn't go wrong with the merger so higher sales will make HP happy
    Hopefully we'll see some leaks next week
    Quote Originally Posted by lxAMNxl View Post
    It would be awesome if they managed to get it for T-Mobile or AT&T and Verizon or Sprint with a HPSA+ & CDMA chip =]. Sprint customers have to accept that they were used and move on, just like many others with different devices were (take a look at Nokia with their firmware updates lol). The first WebOS device was a failure. They have to focus on no more than 2 devices with high-end hardware/specs, and then launch a tablet by the end of the year with HP behind. Getting a device to as many people as possible will be a big step. Letting HP know that they didn't go wrong with the merger so higher sales will make HP happy
    Hopefully we'll see some leaks next week
    Okay. Why were Sprint customers used. They or we, got a phone and if we didn't like it we switched to something else. The Blackberry Storm was a complete wash, but the people who kept it don't feel like they've been used. I love the os, I love the user friendly phone. I've enjoyed the updates and don't feel used, but I would like them to open the Bluetooth Profiles so that I can send and receive files and use a bluetooth keyboard. Many of the other things I want or use is from viewing the forum and discovering them.

We bought a phone. If the phone didn't work and I couldn't return it, I'd feel used. If it doesn't last for the two years of my contract, I'd feel gypped. Outside of that, I'm enjoying my Pre.
    Global Posts
    71 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by bdhu2001 View Post
    Okay. Why were Sprint customers used. They or we, got a phone and if we didn't like it we switched to something else. The Blackberry Storm was a complete wash, but the people who kept it don't feel like they've been used. I love the os, I love the user friendly phone. I've enjoyed the updates and don't feel used, but I would like them to open the Bluetooth Profiles so that I can send and receive files and use a bluetooth keyboard. Many of the other things I want or use is from viewing the forum and discovering them.

We bought a phone. If the phone didn't work and I couldn't return it, I'd feel used. If it doesn't last for the two years of my contract, I'd feel gypped. Outside of that, I'm enjoying my Pre.
    They (Sprint) "feel" like they were "used" because if the new WebOS device comes out to another carrier, the Sprint Pre owners wouldn't like that and be in an uproar, and also be like "well, might as well buy a different device and not the new WebOS device,..." Loyalty is the keyword I guess
    Global Posts
    79 Global Posts
    more than a spec leak, I'd rather have a form factor leak, I wonder if a 3.8" screen, vertical slider can be gracefully pulled offf
    Quote Originally Posted by lxAMNxl View Post
    They (Sprint) "feel" like they were "used" because if the new WebOS device comes out to another carrier, the Sprint Pre owners wouldn't like that and be in an uproar, and also be like "well, might as well buy a different device and not the new WebOS device,..." Loyalty is the keyword I guess
    I'm still not getting it. Sprint Pre owners, like everyone else, are tied into a two year contract. We can upgrade more often, but we're still in a two year contract. If we're a Premier customer, we'd like a new WebOS device now, because we're eligible for an upgrade (w/o extra cost).

As you said, "Loyalty is the key." Thus, as far as switching to another device, those that would be interested in switching because a new device came out, have moved on. Those of us who haven't, are hoping for a new WebOS. We're the same as any other phone enthusiast that actually likes his/her phone, we want new bells and whistles with the same type of OS that we enjoy.
    at this point I'd like a firm carrier confirmation and can live with tha for now. I love webos, but both me and my bro are outside the 1 year warranty and are having many issues with out pre's and waiting to upgrade. With all the rumers about it not being on sprint now it has us worried. Before the pre we wanted iphones and then found the pre. If the iphone came to sprint and there were no webos devices I'd get the iphone, but if sprint goes only android it's a rough decision. Carrier wise sprint fits the bill great, phone wise however, I am just not interested in android. Use it all the time and I feel like it's a more advanced dumbphone os. (of course it's not I know it has some great points and features) it's just the os lacks intuitiveness, and fluint ease and elegance. Webos needs speed and batterlife as well as smoothness out of the box along with stability and tha in itself makes it a winner over android and right up on the tail of ios. Android however has the best and most diverse device selection so android will always be in the game.

so where does this leave customers who want webos and no other phone on the network suffices? Do we switch carriers? Att is horrible for data, now with all the limits I just don't see why anyone would want att (overpriced, spotty reception, data limits) sprint needs to get out the word that they are awesome because everyone I talk to hears they suck from someone else and I have to explain why sprint does not suck. Webos would be great with sprint. Sprint has 4g, they have nextel (maybe a wimax hybrid webos phone?? (Great for business!) best plans, good service (about the same as verizon which I have family on so I know) and already has the most subscribers. Now I'm not talking exclusivity, I'm just simply talking it should be on sprint. I believe the att and verizon customers should get it too.

anyway bottom line, I was about to leave sprint due to their linnup of phones before webos, and while sprint is even better now, I finally found an os that I can use for everything I need that works like I want it too and has the potential I envision in a device
    Global Posts
    71 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by bdhu2001 View Post
    I'm still not getting it. Sprint Pre owners, like everyone else, are tied into a two year contract. We can upgrade more often, but we're still in a two year contract. If we're a Premier customer, we'd like a new WebOS device now, because we're eligible for an upgrade (w/o extra cost).

As you said, "Loyalty is the key." Thus, as far as switching to another device, those that would be interested in switching because a new device came out, have moved on. Those of us who haven't, are hoping for a new WebOS. We're the same as any other phone enthusiast that actually likes his/her phone, we want new bells and whistles with the same type of OS that we enjoy.
    Most people don't stay on the 2 year contract and want a new device like a year before the contract is up, however, not everyone likes the rest of the carriers. Since Sprint never got the Pre/Pixie Plus they were stuck with the original Pre most (if not all) Sprint Pre owners were (still are?) ****ed at Sprint for not getting the Plus. Now that Palm (HP as well now) has an upcoming (phenomenal?) WebOS device and someone mentioned that it won't be Sprint exclusive (and maybe not getting it first?) Sprint customers are getting somewhat mad. Like I said, not many like the other carriers so they don't want to "move" to another one just to pick-up the new WebOS device. Don't know if you understand now