Page 47 of 84 FirstFirst ... 37424344454647484950515257 ... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by NitOxYs View Post
    You already have them. See previous post on this.
    you never responded
    I kind of think We sprint users were already abandoned. l I for one felt abandoned when the Better updated version came out for Verizon and AT&T the Plus and sprint did not get it and while the rest of the world gets the Pre Plus we still cant.
    . and its probally not going to be on all carriers. Sprint would not promote it if it was on at&t and AT&T wouldnt want to carry it if its on sprint.Verizon wuld not want it if it was on Sprint etc. thats not how it works.
    99% of phones launch on one carrier for a reason. Sprint webos users were abandoned along time ago. Sprint does not care about webos . They are Android now. You dont even have to be in the industry to know that.
    Again you cant say that his leaks are true and then say well not the part that Sprint will not be the carrier. He is either telling the truth or not. And if you belive the leaks like everyone here says they do then it may not be a sprint phone , hence May Not as Sprint and HP could easily reconcile .
    Sprint webos users ( which I am one of) have to face this fact that there is a decent cance the phone will not be on Sprint. Hey I am not happy about this myself as I plan on buying a new WEBOS device but thats the way it goes. Its one of the reasons why I have a Pre and a EVO right now. If Sprint gets it maybe I go back but if it goes the way of the leaks then I stick with Android. But the more I play with Android the more I like it.

Quote Originally Posted by rexalbel View Post
    this is a good point. If sprint webos users feel abandoned by sprint and palm they would most likely go to att for an iphone (unless they hate it) because the future of webos is till not clear and the consumer world would choose apple over palm, however give them verizon, att, and sprint, and you get a device that's available to almost all us cellphones and leaves out no webos user.
    Last edited by VaccPalm; 06/26/2010 at 06:45 AM.
    Well, you want an exclusive with a carrier so that they can pitch in with the marketing and stuff. HP, they have so much money, they don't worry about it. Like, a couple of friends living in a dorm pitch in to buy a HDTV. The millionaire boy living in the mansion across campus doesn't need anybody to buy even a Lambo for him.

Or I could be totally wrong on this whole concept.

And VaccPalm confirms my theory is wrong in the post below (thanks for clarifying!).
    Last edited by Soorma; 06/26/2010 at 12:27 AM.
    The Original Owner of the AT&T Pre3
    It has nothing yo do with the value of the company. Apple is a large company with alot of money. Its about the carrier. they want exclusive rights to a phone for a determined time if they are going to put money into the phone. they dont want to carry the same phone as someone else. How many other big phones can you name that launched on more then 1 carrier . if you can it would be a extremly small list. No phone carrier would carry the next webos device without atleast 1 year exclusive rights to it. The carriers also are in the business of getting customers to leave the other carriers . thats another reason for these exllusive contracts. if everyone has the C40 why leave AT&T for sprint. It has zero to do with how much money HP has to spend. weather or not its on Sprint is up in the air but the one thing that is more likley is that it will be with one carrier for a year.
    Last edited by VaccPalm; 06/26/2010 at 06:46 AM.
    vaccpalm, you work for motorola, yet you own a palm and htc device. Interesting...

anyway, I think the next carrier will depend on hp now, forget palm's relationship with sprint. As of july 1, it's a non-issue. I honestly think the next device will be as mentioned by the leak, and will be available on multiple carriers to "spread the word" so to say, in anticipation of an even bigger device when hp is fully behind the R&D and release multiple types of webOS devices. Similar to what was done with the centro.
    Dont work for Motorola. Work with Motorola.(middle man between Motorola and consumers) and All our devices ( non phone) are Palm OS ( 3.5 and 4.1 ) and windows mobile. We mostly dont handle the phones. ( we did a project for AT&T recently). our biggest project was the mobile scanners you see when you rent a car at Avis. they all run Windows Mobile. There still alot of mail rooms who are using Palm OS.

I took this job because of Palm. I worked in banking and finance in Manhattan. I saw an add in the paper for a Mobile phone/scanner tech and it said must know Palm OS. I always wanted to work for Palm so I sent my resume in. and I got the Job with no experiance . My sheer love of mobile devices and Palm OS got me the job. I beat out all the Devry Tech applicants with my Accounting Degree.

And the Centro was exclusive to Sprint for either 6 months or one year , I forget. Again my opinion it will not be on more then 1 carrier .. just does not typically happen. again name me a big release that did. especially when the phone is not popular. you cant dictate the terms to carriers when your as unpopular as webos.

AGain Iam just saying in my opinion theres a good chance it will not be on sprint , It still could be BUT again you cant say that I belive the leaks BUT just not the part that it will not be on Srint. thats all I am saying. Lets hope all the leaks are wrong and it is on Sprint. I want the option of being able to get the next webos device . I like options and as a day 1 WEBOS user and a day 1 Palm OS user it would really upset me.
    Last edited by VaccPalm; 06/26/2010 at 06:50 AM.
    personly with my insiders as well I hear it will be a sprint phone, as well as other carriers. Also think HP would not be very smart to release another phone so soon on AT&T right after they just launched the plus, and pixi a month prior. Also with the iphone 4 which AT&T is focusing on, as well as if Verizon takes the iphone or not, AT&T knows the iphone is their money maker. Also what I heard is Sprint has no problem with Palm (so im not sure what info Vacc is getting) my sources say, as stated by the CFO it was not what they hoped for with the pre, they dont have a problem launching more Palm, ala webos phones on sprint. To me even as you stated, and we all know the pre still made sprint alot of money, they broke the record of sales before the EVO did, so why would you think, in your mind that sprint is upset with Palm. Also as you stated the options are limited Tmobile would not be a good choice as they with Verizon are android bitten. At&T has the Iphone 4 and just got the pre, Sprint is the logical choice at this point hands down, with alot of the adopters of WebOS on sprint. HP knows that and knows they can get atleast those basic sells of WebOS originals to upgrade. As stated before with NO my sources say Q3 webos device on SPRINT same type of specs, as well as 4G enabled.
    I work with executives from both Palm and Sprint (along with at&t and Verizon) and Palm and Sprint do have issues.This is a fact not my opinion.Trust me I deal with them every day You just had everyone heres trusted source saying the same thing. . Again you believe the "source" but just not that part. Well its true . The source is not the first person to state this. People have been posting about the Sprint - Palm issue for months. And from talking to Palm execs , when Sprint called the Pre a "faliure" ( in different words). Palm was incensed. And rightfully so.

Sprint is not the logical choice, thats what us Sprint user ofcourse want to belive. But AT&T is there best bet on success. It already failed on Sprint and Verizon . thats again is a fact.Sure initial sales at Sprint were good but they fell flat and the phone just bombed in the end.
    I highly doubt sprint will stop carrying WebOS phones....keep the leaks coming NitOxy need more leaks
    Quote Originally Posted by VaccPalm View Post
    I work with executives from both Palm and Sprint (along with at&t and Verizon) and Palm and Sprint do have issues.This is a fact not my opinion.Trust me I deal with them every day You just had everyone heres trusted source saying the same thing. . Again you believe the "source" but just not that part. Well its true . The source is not the first person to state this. People have been posting about the Sprint - Palm issue for months. And from talking to Palm execs , when Sprint called the Pre a "faliure" ( in different words). Palm was incensed. And rightfully so.

Sprint is not the logical choice, thats what us Sprint user ofcourse want to belive. But AT&T is there best bet on success. It already failed on Sprint and Verizon . thats again is a fact.Sure initial sales at Sprint were good but they fell flat and the phone just bombed in the end.
    I did state yes sprint was not happy overall, but in regards to the CFO statment I dont think he states failure (its how you interpert it). In terms of how much sold the pre still sold over 2million units on sprint, more then any other carrier. Verizon would not even be in the subject, just do to how they refrained from pushing the pre plus on any level. At&t will focus on the iphone 4, even with issues they posted over 600k preorders on day 1, why would a company a few months later try to get another flagship device, that isnt established. Yes they showed the pre plus love, but thats more for competition to have all available options as a carrier. So Sprint, or even Tmobile is a better choice then AT&T........and by the way I'm on AT&T myself.
    Heres some reason for my AT&T guess ( yes its a guess not a fact, this is a forum and I am just giving my opinion)

When HP announced just 2 weeks ago they will have another WEBOS device , where was he . AT a AT&T seminar.

Palm confirms new webOS devices | News | TechRadar UK

And who is holding the WEBOS developers seminars , well its not Sprint its AT&T.

I think a pattern is showing. Palm and AT&T are pretty cozy now. And AT&T is losing the Iphone exclusive right in less then a year. Also Sprint supposedly now has the EVO as there flagship ( thats really not true) but Sprint is going all in on Android. Not that they cant have a webos device but it makes it more difficult for them to push it.

Hey in the end I hope I am wrong. but im just giving my opinion based on what I read and hear and trying to connect the dots.

Also forgot to add that most recently Ipaq phones were sold at AT&T so HP has a relationship with AT&T for selling there phones ( they also sold some at Tmobile)

One of there more recent phones the Glisten. sold exclusive at AT&T.

http://reviews.cnet.com/smartphones/...-33904908.html

So lets see. AT&T is the seller of the current Palm Pre , HP and AT&T have been getting together latley , AT&T is holding the seminar for WEBOS developers and AT&T already sells HP phones. I kind of think this is pretty logical reason for my opinion. Does not mean I am right I just wanted to back up my opinion.
    Last edited by VaccPalm; 06/26/2010 at 09:17 AM.
    I doubt att would want all the upset adopters of the pre plus and pixi plus and not to mention the iphone 4 just came out. Yes I am on sprint and do hope it goes to them, however we have had our device over a year and everyomes ready to upgrade. We also have the most webos users from what I've heard. In a standpoint of getting the most sales I would see it more logical to go with a carrier which will get the most sakes then one which just got a webos device, and has the iphone, and verizon turned people away so I don't see them getting it exclusively either. I can see a multi carrier release similar to how blackberrys seem to be released together. Hp wants as much money as possible thus this is the best solution, however if it wants exclusivity sprint seems like the best choice for the most sales.
    Heres some reason for my AT&T guess ( yes its a guess not a fact, this is a forum and I am just giving my opinion)

When HP announced just 2 weeks ago they will have another WEBOS device , where was he . AT a AT&T seminar.

Palm confirms new webOS devices | News | TechRadar UK

And who is holding the WEBOS developers seminars , well its not Sprint its AT&T.

I think a pattern is showing. Palm and AT&T are pretty cozy now. And AT&T is losing the Iphone exclusive right in less then a year. Also Sprint supposedly now has the EVO as there flagship ( thats really not true) but Sprint is going all in on Android. Not that they cant have a webos device but it makes it more difficult for them to push it.

Hey in the end I hope I am wrong. but im just giving my opinion based on what I read and hear and trying to connect the dots.

Also forgot to add that most recently Ipaq phones were sold at AT&T so HP has a relationship with AT&T for selling there phones ( they also sold some at Tmobile)

One of there more recent phones the Glisten. sold exclusive at AT&T.

HP iPaq Glisten (AT&T) Smartphone reviews - CNET Reviews

thats what it is just our opinions fun though huh. Though the semiar to me isnt much evidence considering they have seminars all the time to help bring in developers so that dosent say much. As well as when was the last time Sprint even had a developers seminar for anything, I think its been a while. Just to me regardless of the rumors just using my own brain compacity, it would not only be unintellegent buisness wise to release a new Webos device if I were AT&T considering I just did a month ago. It would only cause over excess inverntory of what they currently have for the pre plus and the pixi plus. It would also cause alot of AT&T pre and pixi owners to be very very upset, to know they just bought what would be the only WebOS device (they thought at the time of course) to be turned around by AT&T and slapped in the face with a brand new one months later. Personllay I would be very upset. I still have accounts with Sprint and have done business with them and been in contracts with them over 12 years, and we all know they are struggling to keep up in the #3 spot. Sprint as you can see even last year with releasing the pre as a flag ship device then the hero 4 months later, seeming as they are doing their own competition to themselves. Sprint's goal to my own understanding is to have every top of the line type phone, from every maker, from every OS to stop the bleeding of contracts they loose a year. I dont think Sprint cares about what phone they get, as long as it can be competitve and bring in sales. Now I believe sprint will not make another WebOS device a flagship device, not unless it takes off in the next few years, which is smart business wise. Though to say even if they have some short comings that they would wave a new WebOS device, knowing they have some subscribers out there that favor that OS would not be thinking. Really its like Verizon (they say they dont want it but..) having alot of bad blood with Apple with the droid does campaings to dening the iphone, but at the end of the day, Verizon knows the iphone will make them that much more money with it get my point.
    WellWellWell11 I respect your opinion more then most on this tpic as your not on Sprint so you dont speak with Sprint blinders on. ( I am on Sprint but refuse to put the blinders on) Most people on Sprint refuse to accept that it "might " not be on Sprint as if the Pre Plus users on AT&T dont exist and dont count.

Either way I gave my opinion right or wrong. Just having fun talking about it. We should get some info within the next 30 days. I probally will be wrong. Not the first time as my wife always tells me.
    WellWellWell11 I respect your opinion more then most on this tpic as your not on Sprint so you dont speak with Sprint blinders on. ( I am on Sprint but refuse to put the blinders on) Most people on Sprint refuse to accept that it "might " not be on Sprint as if the Pre Plus users on AT&T dont exist and dont count.

Either way I gave my opinion right or wrong. Just having fun talking about it. We should get some info within the next 30 days. I probally will be wrong. Not the first time as my wife always tells me.
    lol hopefully they do shed some light on us all in the next 30, I'm right there with you on that one....what a women can do to us but thats a whole nother blog isnt it......thanks for the discussion.
    Here's my .02 cents...

First things first...
    - I don't post much but am an active follower of this forum
    - I've been following this thread since it cracked (like a stalker at times) hoping for the tiniest of leaks about the mythical c40
    - I've been a happy Pre owner since launch day on Sprint

Here's what I think will happen now that the merger is a done deal. I think many of us are thinking there will only be one device to launch in Q3/Q4 but I do not think this will be the case. I personally think there will be at least 4 devices. First to launch, a new 4g enabled phone (c40) on Sprint. Shortly after, a tablet device (slate) on AT&T. Lastly, we will see Pre+2 and Pixi+2 on Sprint, AT&T, and Verizon.

I think HP will want to make a huge splash and be extremely aggressive to push as many devices with WebOS as possible.

Again, just my opinion.
    IS there a chance that they are sold carrier less like some of the Ipaqs . you need to put your sim card in it but ofcourse there would be no discount. I am not saying just asking. that could be a way to get it to every carrier. The Nexus One was sold like that.
    Been saying this for months . Since everyone belivews you the should believe this. I work with Motorola and we have relationships with the carriers and from what i hear in the industry and Sprint wants ilittle to do with Palm or any webos device. WHile it might eventually be on Sprint there is a very good chance it will not launch on sprint unless they patch up some major differeces. From what I know last talking to some executives , Sprint is all in with Android. the success of the EVO has confirmed there choice. while thats just my industry opinion from speaking to people I just dont see a new webos device and Sprint. then again HP/ Palm may be forced to rectify the situation with Sprint as getting a carrier might be difficult unless its TMobile. Verison has the Droid and for now AT&T has the Iphone. But I have a feeling ( and this is not any industry info) that AT&T will be it. We have heard rumblings that AT&T wants to get a new flagship phone soon since they are losing exclusive rights to Iphone in 2011. They have a good relationship with Palm .AT&T is a perfect fit . A GSM WEBOS phone is a good idea. My opinion and only my opinion is that it will be AT&T. Sprint and Verizon maybe in the future if it sells well.
    I don't care what their relationships are with each other, they need to focus on their customers, including their customer base. There are plenty of us that left VZW and other carriers to get the Pre (WebOs). I don't want an iPhone and I don't want AT&T. I'd probably go back to VZW for a new WebOS phone if VZW doesn't cripple it. I brought me and three family members to the Pre. As a Premier customer, I can chose another phone right now. I don't want a droid or another os. I want WebOS. Barring the new WebOS coming to Sprint or VZW, I'd probably give up on this smart phone business. They're nice, but after having the ease of WebOS, I don't want to deal with other systems with 3 - 5 clicks to do anything.

In another year, the two year family contract is up. If Sprint doesn't step up to the plate, they'll loose this Smart phone family of four. If HP & Palm go with AT&T, they will also lose us. I'd prefer to go to dumb phone and $10 per family member than a smart phone I don't like with extra cost.
    Quote Originally Posted by NitOxYs View Post
    I was told it would not be Sprint exclusive. There is bad blood in the mouths of both Palm and Sprint.
    Of course, I couldn't care less about the next device being a Sprint exclusive, only that it releases on Sprint at the same time. In fact, for the success of the platform, I'd rather it doesn't have any exclusivity at all.

Are you saying it will launch on another carrier first, or just that it won't launch on Sprint exclusively?
    Treo 600 > Treo 650 > HTC Mogul (*****!) > HTC Touch Pro (***** squared!) > PRE! > Epic
    If you read NitOxYs words exactly as printed he only says it won't be a Sprint exclusive phone. So I'm inclined to believe that it will be launched on Sprint and may be coming to other carriers soon after that. Just because it hasn't been done much so far does not mean that HP will not stray from the current plan of exclusivity that seems to be standard for the industry today.