Page 46 of 84 FirstFirst ... 36414243444546474849505156 ... LastLast
Results 901 to 920 of 1662
  1. NitOxYs's Avatar
    Posts
    191 Posts
    Global Posts
    215 Global Posts
    #901  
    My source confirmed. HP decided to change the closing to July 1st (As most of you know already). We are moving on track for a new phone mid to late August. WebOS 1.5 will be the last of the updates before moving to WebOS 2.0. Like I said before it's all about how HP wants to do this now. Palm had a schedule, and now HP will decide how and what will be released.
    Sprint Palm 2 - Developer Mode - 2.1.0
  2. #902  
    Quote Originally Posted by NitOxYs View Post
    My source confirmed. HP decided to change the closing to July 1st (As most of you know already). We are moving on track for a new phone mid to late August. WebOS 1.5 will be the last of the updates before moving to WebOS 2.0. Like I said before it's all about how HP wants to do this now. Palm had a schedule, and now HP will decide how and what will be released.
    Again, what are the specs?

    Since this phone is still on palm, what are the specs before HP takes over
  3. #903  
    Quote Originally Posted by NitOxYs View Post
    My source confirmed. HP decided to change the closing to July 1st (As most of you know already). We are moving on track for a new phone mid to late August. WebOS 1.5 will be the last of the updates before moving to WebOS 2.0. Like I said before it's all about how HP wants to do this now. Palm had a schedule, and now HP will decide how and what will be released.
    Music to my ears Hopefully we will see a leak of a new device by the end of next week
  4. nodforce's Avatar
    Posts
    76 Posts
    Global Posts
    79 Global Posts
    #904  
    a leak would be so awesome. Do you think the next phone would be sprint exclusive? Or a simoltaneous release on many carriers. I am considering switcing to at&t for the iphone, and I won't feel that bad knowing that I can come back to webOS whenever the new device is out
  5. NitOxYs's Avatar
    Posts
    191 Posts
    Global Posts
    215 Global Posts
    #905  
    Quote Originally Posted by nodforce View Post
    a leak would be so awesome. Do you think the next phone would be sprint exclusive? Or a simoltaneous release on many carriers. I am considering switcing to at&t for the iphone, and I won't feel that bad knowing that I can come back to webOS whenever the new device is out
    I was told it would not be Sprint exclusive. There is bad blood in the mouths of both Palm and Sprint.
    Sprint Palm 2 - Developer Mode - 2.1.0
  6. NitOxYs's Avatar
    Posts
    191 Posts
    Global Posts
    215 Global Posts
    #906  
    Quote Originally Posted by Vyruz Reaper View Post
    Again, what are the specs?

    Since this phone is still on palm, what are the specs before HP takes over
    You already have them. See previous post on this.
    Sprint Palm 2 - Developer Mode - 2.1.0
  7. #907  
    Quote Originally Posted by NitOxYs View Post
    You already have them. See previous post on this.
    please tell me that your are reffering to this

    Quote Originally Posted by NitOxYs
    3.8" IPS Capacitive Touch Screen
    Cortex A9 1.0-1.2Ghz
    512MB RAM
    OMAP4430 - POWERVR SGX540 Graphics
    16GB - 32GB Internal Memory
    Improved Vertical keyboard - Larger Buttons, better design
    No MicroSD Slot.
    Gesture Area
    1550 MaH Battery
    WebOS 1.5 will introduce a horizontal virtual keyboard.
    4G will be optional, but it will have the modem present.
    This phone will be announced shortly before the closing deal with HP. Early July.
  8. #908  
    nitoxys, when can we expect an official announcement on the new phone's existence? Palm-branded, right?
  9. #909  
    Wow. It really has the Cortex A9? Palm will jump ahead of every other smartphone until other companies start building phones with the same chipset.
    Palm Vx -> Treo 600 -> Treo 700p -> Centro -> Pre (Launch Phone 06/06/09) -> AT&T Pre Plus with Sprint EVDO swap -> Samsung Epic 4G w/ Froyo
  10. lxAMNxl's Avatar
    Posts
    68 Posts
    Global Posts
    71 Global Posts
    #910  
    So A9 (OMAP 4) is there? I thought that it was going to be mass produced in Q4, but I guess there are exceptions.
    So now, the only things that will compete for the end of the year is HTC (2GHz), Motorola Android (2GHz), and Nokia (N9 with MeeGo). Who will win the "high-end" smartphone race :]
  11. #911  
    Quote Originally Posted by NitOxYs View Post
    I was told it would not be Sprint exclusive. There is bad blood in the mouths of both Palm and Sprint.
    Been saying this for months . Since everyone belivews you the should believe this. I work with Motorola and we have relationships with the carriers and from what i hear in the industry and Sprint wants ilittle to do with Palm or any webos device. WHile it might eventually be on Sprint there is a very good chance it will not launch on sprint unless they patch up some major differeces. From what I know last talking to some executives , Sprint is all in with Android. the success of the EVO has confirmed there choice. while thats just my industry opinion from speaking to people I just dont see a new webos device and Sprint. then again HP/ Palm may be forced to rectify the situation with Sprint as getting a carrier might be difficult unless its TMobile. Verison has the Droid and for now AT&T has the Iphone. But I have a feeling ( and this is not any industry info) that AT&T will be it. We have heard rumblings that AT&T wants to get a new flagship phone soon since they are losing exclusive rights to Iphone in 2011. They have a good relationship with Palm .AT&T is a perfect fit . A GSM WEBOS phone is a good idea. My opinion and only my opinion is that it will be AT&T. Sprint and Verizon maybe in the future if it sells well.
    Last edited by VaccPalm; 06/25/2010 at 09:47 PM.
  12. #912  
    Quote Originally Posted by VaccPalm View Post
    Been saying this for months . Since everyone belivews you the should believe this. I work with Motorola and we have relationships with the carriers and from what i hear in the industry and Sprint wantsilittle to do with Palm or any webos device. WHile it might eventually be on Sprint there is a very good chance it will not launch on sprint unless they patch up some major differeces. From what I know last talking to some executives , Sprint is all in with Android. the success of the EVO has confirmed there choice. while thats just my industry opinion from speaking to people I just dont see a new webos device and Sprint. then again they may be forced to rectify the situation with Sprint as getting a carrier might be difficult unless its TMobile. Verison has the Droid and for now AT&T has the Iphone. But I have a feeling ( and this is not any industry info) that AT&T will be it. We have heard rumblings that AT&T wants to get a new flagship phone soon since they are losing exclusive rights to Iphone in 2011. They have a good relationship with Palm . My opinion and only my opinion is that it will be AT&T. Sprint and Verison maybe in the future if it sells well.
    HI all,

    At the risk of sounding like a spoiled child screaming at the top of my lungs, (mommy and Daddy I want it now)! I truly cannot wait much longer.

    I still think, once we get past the July 01 official date of HP owning Palm and the Ipaq line transfered to the new Palm division, we will hear some big news quickly. After all, HP & Palm need to show everyone, that the buyout was worth it!

    Take care, Jay
    Please Support Research into Fibromyalgia, Chronic Pain and Spinal Injuries. If You Suffer from These, Consider Joining or Better Yet Forming a Support Group. No One Should Suffer from the Burden of Chronic Pain, Jay M. S. Founder, Leesburg Fibromyalgia/Resources Group
  13. #913  
    Quote Originally Posted by VaccPalm View Post
    Been saying this for months . Since everyone belivews you the should believe this. I work with Motorola and we have relationships with the carriers and from what i hear in the industry and Sprint wants ilittle to do with Palm or any webos device. WHile it might eventually be on Sprint there is a very good chance it will not launch on sprint unless they patch up some major differeces. From what I know last talking to some executives , Sprint is all in with Android. the success of the EVO has confirmed there choice. while thats just my industry opinion from speaking to people I just dont see a new webos device and Sprint. then again HP/ Palm may be forced to rectify the situation with Sprint as getting a carrier might be difficult unless its TMobile. Verison has the Droid and for now AT&T has the Iphone. But I have a feeling ( and this is not any industry info) that AT&T will be it. We have heard rumblings that AT&T wants to get a new flagship phone soon since they are losing exclusive rights to Iphone in 2011. They have a good relationship with Palm .AT&T is a perfect fit . A GSM WEBOS phone is a good idea. My opinion and only my opinion is that it will be AT&T. Sprint and Verizon maybe in the future if it sells well.
    I hope that this is true and that they do release it on AT&T first, not because i am on AT&T, but because the HSPA+ version will then come to Canada which is something i would die for. Was it not that the pre plus had its most successful launch on AT&T?
  14. #914  
    In terms of success I think the Sprint launch was the best one but Sprint and Palm had a small falling out after the Pre was deemed a faliure. ( it did initially sell well but fell flat after a while) . But at this time AT&T has the best relationship with Palm . Hence the blue pixi Plus etc coming to AT&T. The Verizon launch of the Pre Plus was a faliure. Im not sure what relationship HP has with any carrier.
  15. #915  
    well that would also **** alot of sprint early adopters off... Evo is nice but a webos phone with equal hardware would win in the long run. I may be tied to a carrier and make that choice first however the device is important too. I have decided that I do not want any other smartphone then a webos smartphone. And second to that is iphone. If sprint didn't carry palm phones anymore I'd really have a tough choice as android just fustrates me and doesn't work for me. Honestly though I think it may launch on att and sprint. That would make the most sense.
  16. #916  
    Quote Originally Posted by VaccPalm View Post
    Im not sure what relationship HP has with any carrier.
    Doesn't HP supply all the computers, servers, and other stuff to the carriers? I think that is why they keep talking about "deep" relations with the carriers. Don't know for sure though!
    The Original Owner of the AT&T Pre3
  17. #917  
    Quote Originally Posted by VaccPalm View Post
    In terms of success I think the Sprint launch was the best one but Sprint and Palm had a small falling out after the Pre was deemed a faliure. ( it did initially sell well but fell flat after a while) . But at this time AT&T has the best relationship with Palm . Hence the blue pixi Plus etc coming to AT&T. The Verizon launch of the Pre Plus was a faliure. Im not sure what relationship HP has with any carrier.
    hp provides IT equipment to 9 out of 10 major carriers around the world.
  18. #918  
    IMO, an exclusive launch with AT&T would be a disaster for HPalm. If I as a current Sprint customer am going to settle for AT&T's poor network performance, I might as well go for the iPhone 4, which despite a few launch glitches seems like quite a decent device. And if I'm considering that, I might just decide to wait for the iPhone to appear on Verizon or Sprint.
  19. #919  
    Quote Originally Posted by Soorma View Post
    Doesn't HP supply all the computers, servers, and other stuff to the carriers? I think that is why they keep talking about "deep" relations with the carriers. Don't know for sure though!
    you beat me to It
  20. #920  
    Quote Originally Posted by Dr.Grace View Post
    IMO, an exclusive launch with AT&T would be a disaster for HPalm. If I as a current Sprint customer am going to settle for AT&T's poor network performance, I might as well go for the iPhone 4, which despite a few launch glitches seems like quite a decent device. And if I'm considering that, I might just decide to wait for the iPhone to appear on Verizon or Sprint.
    this is a good point. If sprint webos users feel abandoned by sprint and palm they would most likely go to att for an iphone (unless they hate it) because the future of webos is till not clear and the consumer world would choose apple over palm, however give them verizon, att, and sprint, and you get a device that's available to almost all us cellphones and leaves out no webos user.

Tags for this Thread

Posting Permissions