Page 43 of 84 FirstFirst ... 33383940414243444546474853 ... LastLast
    Gonna spell out today's version of my dream C40, yes it seems to change that often.

- 4.3" landscape slider. I want a big screen, and I just can't see a portrait slider on that big of a unit. I know some will cry "To Big! It won't fit in my pants!" Well, I have no idea what pants you guys are wearing but the Evo has room to spare in mine. So it just doesn't worry me. Browsing on a screen that big is fantastic and I'm drooling at the idea of WebOS on one.

- Analog nub on the slider. Another reason I would love a landscape keyboard on a screen that big. Plenty of room for a small analog control. I think a simple analog control could turn phone games from a cool side feature, to a true gaming platform. Would be great for editing and precision control over the cursor as well.

- High res screen. Mirror the Iphone 4's screen resolution to encourage porting of games. It's a fantastic screen anyways, I'll give them that. The idea here is that if I'm playing the same game on my C40 that my buddy is on his iphone 4 right next to me. He's gonna be drooling over my analog control and 4.3" screen.

- Dual core 1ghz. I'd gladly wait for a holiday release if it could be one of the first dual core phones. That's gonna be a game changer, not a single 1.5, or whatever is rolling out around then.

- Ram. I don't care to much, as long as there's no TMC errors and things move smoothly.

- 8MP camera. I don't get to hung up on phone cameras but many do so they need to at least stay up to speed with the competition. Might be 12MP by then, whatever.

- Front facing camera. Again, I can take it or leave it personally, but it's looking like a standard feature moving forward. Need to keep up.

- Touchstone compatibility. Please don't make me buy new ones....

- WebOS 2.0. Learn from the homebrew community. Include many of the most popular patches. And take a page from various kernals and those who produced them. They made your OS run better, not even counting increased speed.
    Global Posts
    18 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Schmid7y View Post
    The ATT choice by Palm was a horrible decision. Who, on ATT, would buy a Pre? They are either people addicted to their CrackBerry Bold or Apple ******* who love their iPhone. They should have launched it on Verizon 3 months earlier and kept it at that (in terms of US carriers). Now, they need to bring out the Pre2. Android really has no appeal to me, and the Evo looks horrid. Too big, and the 4G plus the 4.3in screen probably doesn't last too long on batter life. I will be willing to keep my Pixi for a little longer, as long as they push the updates. I really want a pre2.
    Some of us have waited a year for a WebOS phone on ATT, and we're quite happy to have the Pre Plus. No "Too Many Cards" that all of the Sprint people complain about, no button in the gesture area to make the face crack, same nice small form factor.
    Verizon reps spent most of their time telling customers not to buy the Pre...why would that be a positive? Sure, the potential C40/pre2/whatever is being hinted at would be nice, but WebOS is so much better than the other choices that the Pre Plus is an excellent phone.
    After the way they've been treated by Sprint and Verizon, Palm would be silly to stick with them exclusively.
    Global Posts
    181 Global Posts
    I was also waiting for a LONG time for a GSM Pre to be released in North America. I'm very happy to have my AT&T Pre Plus.

Also - count me as someone who hasn't had issues with AT&T service anywhere I've lived (Florida, Seattle, Rhode Island) or anywhere I've traveled. I'm just glad I have a device now that can be unlocked easily so if/when I travel overseas I can just pop in another SIM and be set.

--Matt
    Global Posts
    215 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by bruba View Post
    Um, I don't think this generation can get excited about "next year." But another 6-12 month will help webos die just a little bit more, that's for sure..
    There is a difference between "the next year" and "next year". Let me break it down for you from what I was told.

July 31st is a Saturday, and HP will acquire Palm. Monday of the following week, Palm will either leak or announce a new device. Most likely 1 new device and the other will follow later on. Dates are varying on the release of this phone now due to HP/Palm's deadlines being shifted due to the acquisition.
    Sprint Palm 2 - Developer Mode - 2.1.0
    Quote Originally Posted by NitOxYs View Post
    There is a difference between "the next year" and "next year". Let me break it down for you from what I was told.

July 31st is a Saturday, and HP will acquire Palm. Monday of the following week, Palm will either leak or announce a new device. Most likely 1 new device and the other will follow later on. Dates are varying on the release of this phone now due to HP/Palm's deadlines being shifted due to the acquisition.
    whats the devices specs?
    Global Posts
    93 Global Posts
    3.8" IPS Capacitive Touch Screen
    Cortex A9 1.0-1.2Ghz
    512MB RAM
    OMAP4430 - POWERVR SGX540 Graphics
    16GB - 32GB Internal Memory
    Improved Vertical keyboard - Larger Buttons, better design
    No MicroSD Slot.
    Gesture Area
    1550 MaH Battery
    WebOS 1.5 will introduce a horizontal virtual keyboard.
    4G will be optional, but it will have the modem present.
    This phone will be announced shortly before the closing deal with HP. Early July.
    these are the specs that NitOxYs' had posted
    Depends on which "source" you listen too. theres been a few and the specs are never the same. and since most believe them all there must be 18 phones coming from HP . Choices are good.

Quote Originally Posted by Vyruz Reaper View Post
    whats the devices specs?
    Global Posts
    115 Global Posts
    I really want like a 3.7"ish vertical slider. Sleek and sexy with awesome specs to compete with today's phones. I hope they don't go with JUST a 4.0"+ phone...
    I am dreaming of the same thing...

Quote Originally Posted by detection View Post
    I really want like a 3.7"ish vertical slider. Sleek and sexy with awesome specs to compete with today's phones. I hope they don't go with JUST a 4.0"+ phone...
    Global Posts
    71 Global Posts
    Yeah, I am wishing for the same thing. Side slide-out QWERTY is being used too much.
    Global Posts
    71 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by djprelude View Post
    these are the specs that NitOxYs' had posted
    Wow, those are some nice specs there. I wounder how the slider will look like? Will it be full QWERTY or half? I am being doubtful on the OMAP 4 (and of course A9). I thought the SoC was going to be used next year like Tegra 2 / the next Tegra chip?
    Global Posts
    71 Global Posts

So, a device for this year and then another (2 maybe) for next year? Sounds good, kinda like what Apple is doing. I would prefer to see one or two devices (qwerty and qwerty-less) every year so the devs can get into it (ie Apple's way), that way the App store can grow. I'm guessing that the device will be announced on Monday (or during the week) and release in August/September, maybe a late November (Black Friday) release.
    Global Posts
    71 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Krab19 View Post
    I am dreaming of the same thing...
    I'm wondering if people would prefer to use something like the rumored HTC Trophy, or something like the Dell Lightning?
    Everyone asking for a horizontal qwerty is going to be dissapointed. WebOS is built around the portrait keyboard. A horizontal keyboard just won't flow.
    Palm Vx -> Treo 600 -> Treo 700p -> Centro -> Pre (Launch Phone 06/06/09) -> AT&T Pre Plus with Sprint EVDO swap -> Samsung Epic 4G w/ Froyo
    Global Posts
    71 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by NickDG View Post
    Everyone asking for a horizontal qwerty is going to be dissapointed. WebOS is built around the portrait keyboard. A horizontal keyboard just won't flow.
    Hopefully it has a portrait slider qwerty/half qwerty, tired of seeing/hearing horizontal qwerty devices. However, as of right now I'm guessing that everyone is paying more attention to the hardware/specs than anything else. WebOS has potential, but only if the hardware/specs are there.
    Quote Originally Posted by lxAMNxl View Post
    Hopefully it has a portrait slider qwerty/half qwerty, tired of seeing/hearing horizontal qwerty devices. However, as of right now I'm guessing that everyone is paying more attention to the hardware/specs than anything else. WebOS has potential, but only if the hardware/specs are there.
    +1 re: horizontal qwerty...
    I'm still bearing with a touch pro on Sprint, and I'm not liking having to wait for the screen rotation to complete. Doesn't help that sometimes the keyboard won't respond, either, but that's a whole other thing.

I've committed to waiting for the successor to the Pre on Sprint, as the original Pre didn't quite meet my expectations. A Pre Plus might have, but I chose my carrier first. So I'm here enjoying all the speculation.
    Who's flying this thing?
    Quote Originally Posted by NickDG View Post
    I'm cool with this. Kinda liking the portrait more then landscape. Feel like it's easier to type on (though wuld like a slightly bigger and more clicky keyboard)
    I agree. I figure 4.0" adds about 1/2" to the width, and that's as wide as I want to go with a phone. (Mabye even a bit too much)
    Global Posts
    719 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Dazo View Post
    Guess I'll look into coming back a year after the Evo... Love webOS multi tasking, but I couldn't stay w my launch Pre for 2 years... Thought about going back to my Treo 755 for a change, but thats going in the wrong direction. I'm gunnin for Palm. Hope they get back into the game, but I'm starting to feel like a Raiders fan.
    Glad to know I'm not the only one who considers going back to my Treo 755! Remember the days when a Treo did everything that was actually important pretty well? Like make a phone call, record a memo, send a text-only email or text message, and surf the basic content of website for a quick update on the days news headlines? We didn't all ***** and moan about our phones not doing ridiculous things for hours on end back then, did we??? Damn you, progress!!
    Global Posts
    719 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by snowbound View Post
    Go *buttons*...

I can't tell you how may times I wish I had a button for something. Don't mess wit' me. I'm the Button Master. I've mastered the buttons. I wish I had a button right here, right now, I'd press all over it.
    thatswhatshesaid!!