Page 42 of 84 FirstFirst ... 32373839404142434445464752 ... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by jimbohsp View Post
    I bet the next palm phone will be a smart phone with a touch screen...

My Sisters best friends waiter at his favorite diner heard from his cousin that it will be Thought Input and a intelligent phone. It knows what U think.
    If he's right, too bad. I was really hoping for a touchscreen only phone, not another slider keyboard. The keyboard always adds thickness to the phone that would be better spent on a bigger battery.
    100% with ya. I have come to appreciate the onscreen keyboards and hate slider phones. I like the Centro type Keyboards but they take up screen space. My personal like would be a nice virtual keyboard like Swype ( android KB). Keyboards just take up screen space OR make the phone thicker. Space that can be used for a bigger battery and bigger screen. Unless you want a huge device would be hard to have a big battery , keyboard and 3.7 size screen.

Quote Originally Posted by 6tr6tr View Post
    If he's right, too bad. I was really hoping for a touchscreen only phone, not another slider keyboard. The keyboard always adds thickness to the phone that would be better spent on a bigger battery.
    Global Posts
    560 Global Posts
    As much as I have tried, I still cannot stand on screen keyboards. Go sliders! lol
    Quote Originally Posted by VaccPalm View Post
    My Sisters best friends waiter at his favorite diner heard from his cousin that it will be Thought Input and a intelligent phone. It knows what U think.
    Whether or not it is an intelligent phone might depend on the thoughts it receives.
    Who's flying this thing?
    Quote Originally Posted by DrSuSE View Post
    As much as I have tried, I still cannot stand on screen keyboards. Go sliders! lol
    Go *buttons*...

I can't tell you how may times I wish I had a button for something. Don't mess wit' me. I'm the Button Master. I've mastered the buttons. I wish I had a button right here, right now, I'd press all over it.
    Who's flying this thing?
    100% with ya. I have come to appreciate the onscreen keyboards and hate slider phones. I like the Centro type Keyboards but they take up screen space. My personal like would be a nice virtual keyboard like Swype ( android KB). Keyboards just take up screen space OR make the phone thicker. Space that can be used for a bigger battery and bigger screen. Unless you want a huge device would be hard to have a big battery , keyboard and 3.7 size screen.
    I'm pretty sure it's the virtual keyboards that take up screen space.
    Palm Vx -> Treo 600 -> Treo 700p -> Centro -> Pre (Launch Phone 06/06/09) -> AT&T Pre Plus with Sprint EVDO swap -> Samsung Epic 4G w/ Froyo
    Global Posts
    215 Global Posts
    You guys need to relax. I told you that they would announce things after they are acquired by HP. You have another Month and a couple weeks to sit here and speculate.
    Sprint Palm 2 - Developer Mode - 2.1.0
    Ofcourse it does but it only takes up screen space when your typing a text otherwise its 100% screen space for other things. A phone with a hard keyboard ( non slider) like the Centro the screen is always small due to half the device having a keyboard.

Quote Originally Posted by NickDG View Post
    I'm pretty sure it's the virtual keyboards that take up screen space.
    Ofcourse it does but it only takes up screen space when your typing a text otherwise its 100% screen space for other things. A phone with a hard keyboard ( non slider) like the Centro the screen is always small due to half the device having a keyboard.
    that's why the pre form factor is so nice because the keyboard is nicely tucked away. It's also one of the thinest sliders I've seen in real life. I'd love the same form, 3.7 inch screen with obviously wider kb, morepower, better camera and flash, and front camera. Oh and higher res would be the first of it's kind too (most hig spec devices are virtual keyboards)
    Not sure if thats sarcasm. I think it is. I dont think anyone would buy a phone because it has the same os as there printer. If that were the case windows phones would outsell iphones because everyone has a windows pc.
    Ya that was extreme sarcasm! But thinks it is a great idea - hope they sell me on the idea. Being serious there, maybe I just don't see the vision!
    Quote Originally Posted by rexalbel View Post
    that's why the pre form factor is so nice because the keyboard is nicely tucked away. It's also one of the thinest sliders I've seen in real life. I'd love the same form, 3.7 inch screen with obviously wider kb, morepower, better camera and flash, and front camera. Oh and higher res would be the first of it's kind too (most hig spec devices have virtual keyboards)
    + 1
    3.7" Keyboard
    Portrait slider
    Bigger battery
    Flash
    Document EDITING
    Working GPS

And I'm happy.

P.S. Let us speculate. It's all we have.
    Quote Originally Posted by Bullroarer Took View Post
    3.7" Keyboard
    Portrait slider
    Bigger battery
    Flash
    Document EDITING
    Working GPS

And I'm happy.

P.S. Let us speculate. It's all we have.
    Hi, That works for me, take care,Jay
    Please Support Research into Fibromyalgia, Chronic Pain and Spinal Injuries. If You Suffer from These, Consider Joining or Better Yet Forming a Support Group. No One Should Suffer from the Burden of Chronic Pain, Jay M. S. Founder, Leesburg Fibromyalgia/Resources Group
    Global Posts
    4 Global Posts
    I hope it's a flip......
    Quote Originally Posted by noodles007 View Post
    I hope it's a flip......
    Oh God no, either a slider or a candybar. But hopefully a slider.
    let's hope hp buys this company next:

Pomegranate | NS08
    Quote Originally Posted by nimer55 View Post
    let's hope hp buys this company next:

Pomegranate | NS08
    To make their adverts at least.
    Quote Originally Posted by johncc View Post
    To make their adverts at least.
    No kidding. That was brilliant. Too funny.
    Absolutely, we need some excellent advertising like that.