Page 41 of 84 FirstFirst ... 31363738394041424344454651 ... LastLast
    Global Posts
    442 Global Posts
    http://www.precentral.net/palm-youre...-very-exciting

I'm not allowed to talk about future roadmaps, especially because we're in the process of being acquired by HP, so I can't say. But yes we have a road map. We are working on future devices. And [a] new version of the OS. So I think, you're going to find the next year very exciting.
    Global Posts
    752 Global Posts
    Um, I don't think this generation can get excited about "next year." But another 6-12 month will help webos die just a little bit more, that's for sure..
    Quote Originally Posted by bruba View Post
    Um, I don't think this generation can get excited about "next year." But another 6-12 month will help webos die just a little bit more, that's for sure..

I don't know how you conclude that it's dying. I certainly don't! Having a rebirth might be more appropriate.
    Global Posts
    752 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by johncc View Post
    I don't know how you conclude that it's dying. I certainly don't! Having a rebirth might be more appropriate.
    Compared to Android, iOS and even WP7, webOS is dying at the moment. And it will be as long as there's no new hardware.

You can't have a living platform without (competing) hardware.
    Its not dying but its just that webos never took off. blame it on the terrible hardware, no developer support , whatever . You cant really fade away if you were never really popular. No matter how simple and great web os is it means nothign if people dont want it. Think of it as Beta VS VHS. Beta was better BUT the people wanted VHS. WEB OS is better then Windows mobile , Android and Iphone but that means squat. The people have spoken. Iphone and Android are it. WHen the PRE came out the Specs were good for the time and it still was just a modest seller. I see webos getting a boost from the tablets etc that HP puts out but I think there smartphones whenever in 2011 they come out will not sell great or be popular like a EVO , Droid or Iphone. It will sell decent and hit its niche . if theres even much of a market for webos left. ALot of people have dumped the PRE already.
    Part of the problem is Palm unfortunatly had no money and they waited too long to do anything and another year honeslty is just going to crush them. I mean probally a huge percentage of PRE owners left when there year was up for the EVO , Iphone or whatever. I just cant see much of a market in a year for a new WEB OS device even though i will probally buy one. Thats who will buy a WEB OS phone . only us folks who really love webos. the average person could care less about webos.
    Last edited by VaccPalm; 06/17/2010 at 10:01 PM.
    Quote Originally Posted by bruba View Post
    Next Year doesnt mean 2011-2012. It means the next 365 days starting today
    VaccPalm, you are so wrong! The WebOS printer will be all the rage and make people want a WebOS phone too!!!
    - Jeff
    Palm Pre- and a 32 GB TouchPad.
    Global Posts
    752 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Riboflavin View Post
    I hope.
    Not sure if thats sarcasm. I think it is. I dont think anyone would buy a phone because it has the same os as there printer. If that were the case windows phones would outsell iphones because everyone has a windows pc.
    Quote Originally Posted by Meltedwire View Post
    VaccPalm, you are so wrong! The WebOS printer will be all the rage and make people want a WebOS phone too!!!
    Quote Originally Posted by Riboflavin View Post
    When I heard next year i immediately thought 2011.
    Global Posts
    203 Global Posts
    Guess I'll look into coming back a year after the Evo... Love webOS multi tasking, but I couldn't stay w my launch Pre for 2 years... Thought about going back to my Treo 755 for a change, but thats going in the wrong direction. I'm gunnin for Palm. Hope they get back into the game, but I'm starting to feel like a Raiders fan.
    Global Posts
    87 Global Posts
    The quote was "in the next year," which means the next 365 days as opposed to next year which would mean 2011. Hope that clears that up.
    Quote Originally Posted by prince201 View Post
    The quote was "in the next year," which means the next 365 days as opposed to next year which would mean 2011. Hope that clears that up.
    nah bro, within the next year is literally within the next 365 days, in the next year means starting 2011.
    Global Posts
    575 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Vyruz Reaper View Post
    nah bro, within the next year is literally within the next 365 days, in the next year means starting 2011.
    I'll bet we will hear some thing promptly after the buyout or once the vote to sell is approved.

Also, I'm sure they already have a new device ready for launch or production.....in this year 2010 and one or more set for next year.
    nah bro, it don't. Might to you but not to me.
    Global Posts
    560 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by prince201 View Post
    I bet you guys are putting more thought into deciphering the meaning than was put into the statement itself. It's ambiguous and open to interpretation. We'll see...
    Global Posts
    442 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by bdog421 View Post
    I'll bet we will hear some thing promptly after the buyout or once the vote to sell is approved.

Also, I'm sure they already have a new device ready for launch or production.....in this year 2010 and one or more set for next year.
    This is what I think too. The person even said that they can't talk about anything because they are being bought out.
    No matter if its early 2011 or late 2011 its still good news. It means that Palm atleast has a roadmap and is working on it. Forget all the silly unbelievable leaks . I believe none of them. This is real news . somewhere between aug1 2010 and AUg 1 2011 they will have a new device in some form. thats good news.
    I bet the next palm phone will be a smart phone with a touch screen...
    Global Posts
    442 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by jimbohsp View Post
    I bet the next palm phone will be a smart phone with a touch screen...
    Hey now, let's not just throw around blatantly false rumors