Page 4 of 84 FirstFirst 1234567891454 ... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by LVRealtor View Post
    4g is not so sweet as some of you may think. Sprint uses Clear for 4g. I had their service when they first launched (pre-launch actually) and the speeds were all over the place--from non-existent to fast'ish. They let me out of my 2-year commitment. That is issue one. 2nd Issue, do you really want to pay an extra service charge for 4g? Aren't our plans expensive enough? And if you were complaining about battery time before...
    It doesn't look like CLEAR has contracts. So are you actually telling the truth?

Sprint also doesn't charge extra for 4G service through their Overdrive product, so why would this be any different?
    Global Posts
    65 Global Posts
    I hope you guys like the aluminum uni-body.
    Quote Originally Posted by jtran51 View Post
    I hope you guys like the aluminum uni-body.
    like the iphone? Is there any leaks of this yet?
    A guy on the Android forums who's leaked info in the past which turned out true said "Palm c40 is out in the wild however..... expect a video not all that far in the future (hin hint) there will more than likely be gloves in this one too"
    Quote Originally Posted by senorfrog97 View Post
    A guy on the Android forums who's leaked info in the past which turned out true said "Palm c40 is out in the wild however..... expect a video not all that far in the future (hin hint) there will more than likely be gloves in this one too"
    That is the guy I contacted. I contacted him again and he has to say...

"Oh yeah, there are test models out there. Nothing solid about phones software. Hardware is what Ive told you before. Nice slim form factor"
    Quote Originally Posted by Soorma View Post
    That is the guy I contacted. I contacted him again and he has to say...

"Oh yeah, there are test models out there. Nothing solid about phones software. Hardware is what Ive told you before. Nice slim form factor"
    can you try to get more detail from him? Keyboard type, screen type,battery size, screen size, camera, flash? Most of those can be identified simply by looking at the device.

thanks.. Please try to get more info.
    I will try tomorrow (Monday). I don't think he is online today...
    I will try tomorrow (Monday). I don't think he is online today...
    thanks a billion
    Global Posts
    65 Global Posts
    Stop dreaming about a 4(+)" screen, guys.
    Quote Originally Posted by jtran51 View Post
    Stop dreaming about a 4(+)" screen, guys.
    I'm dreaming about a 3.7+ inch screen, with a slide out keyboard, witha super amoled screen, omap 4 cpu, 1 gig of ram, and 64gigs of storage. I'd pay big bucks for that.
    Global Posts
    108 Global Posts
    Why would Palm put a 4+ screen and increase resolution..... wouldn't the existing apps be blurry since their graphics are optimized for the current iPhone resolution?

You might say, "screen size is different than resolution" and I am aware of that, but would Palm want large pixels? IT just doesn't look good.

Anybody have an answer to this conundrum?
    I asked Jackson for some more details and he said:

"It's bigger than the Pre, nicer screen, physical keyboard, and 4G =]. Thats all i know right now but ill keep ya posted

Jackson

oh and new version of webOS"
    Add me to the 'like the slider' faction. I love being pretty sure that I'll never ****-dial someone!

Then again, I guess I'm one of the few that likes my blinking-center LED. How do folks know when they have pending notifications without it?!
    Former: Visor, Prism, VisorPhone, Treo 270,Treo 650, Centro Now: Pre
    Quote Originally Posted by bausti25 View Post
    I asked Jackson for some more details and he said:

"It's bigger than the Pre, nicer screen, physical keyboard, and 4G =]. Thats all i know right now but ill keep ya posted

Jackson

oh and new version of webOS"
    i hope all of this is true, because that would b so sexy.
    Global Posts
    65 Global Posts
    "It looks kind of like a Nexus One but less busy."
    As a reply to nimer55's request...

Jackson says...
    "It's all good man. I haven't actually seen this one. I've just been told a little bit about it. It is one hell of a lot more streamlined then the current pre. It's a physical keyboard and from what i've been told there are 2 designs for it right now. there is one with a portrait slideout and another with a landscape slidout. Both are physical. Screen is much bigger. Seeing that it was only 3.1" on the pre expect either a 3.7" or 4" model"

Jackson

The following is from me(soorma):
    Lets not all shoot a question towards Jackson...this guy is the only connection (as of right now) to the C40 and we do not want him getting annoyed at getting so many questions for the same thing to which he only has few answers. Just my opinion
    Last edited by Soorma; 04/19/2010 at 06:33 PM.
    It's all good man. I haven't actually seen this one. I've just been told a little bit about it. It is one hell of a lot more streamlined then the current pre. It's a physical keyboard and from what i've been told there are 2 designs for it right now. there is one with a portrait slideout and another with a landscape slidout. Both are physical. Screen is much bigger. Seeing that it was only 3.1" on the pre expect either a 3.7" or 4" model
    Oh. My. Gosh.
    I got nothin. That sounds nice though.
    can't wait to see something in a pic.
    I hope this guy isnt snickering at his computer desk as he sends us all on a roller-coaster ride of salivating excitement.
Page 4 of 84 FirstFirst 1234567891454 ... LastLast