Page 39 of 84 FirstFirst ... 29343536373839404142434449 ... LastLast
    omg cant wait! hurry up palm you know what the new competitors phones will be go ahead and up the game! as for htc's 2ghz device holy crap!
    What is the deal with all the other phone talk on this thread like the Evo or Samsung ect... Hey guy's new palm phones that's what this thread is about right? No offense just saying.
    Quote Originally Posted by thecrazy88 View Post
    What is the deal with all the other phone talk on this thread like the Evo or Samsung ect... Hey guy's new palm phones that's what this thread is about right? No offense just saying.
    this
    Quote Originally Posted by kbritt31 View Post
    this
    what?
    Quote Originally Posted by thecrazy88 View Post
    what?
    i agree
    Quote Originally Posted by kbritt31 View Post
    this
    Juan

2010-2011 Champions!

Quote Originally Posted by djfu3l3r View Post
    omg cant wait! hurry up palm you know what the new competitors phones will be go ahead and up the game! as for htc's 2ghz device holy crap!
    I am hoping it will be out in the fall. I have no proof of it, but I think it makes sense to have it out by then! Take care, Jay
    Please Support Research into Fibromyalgia, Chronic Pain and Spinal Injuries. If You Suffer from These, Consider Joining or Better Yet Forming a Support Group. No One Should Suffer from the Burden of Chronic Pain, Jay M. S. Founder, Leesburg Fibromyalgia/Resources Group
    I read page 1 and then skipped to this page. Is there any official news between page 1 and 39 i should know about? i dont want to read 37 pages of back and forth samsung, iphone, and htc non-sense. :P
    Global Posts
    93 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by blackfireball5 View Post
    I read page 1 and then skipped to this page. Is there any official news between page 1 and 39 i should know about? i dont want to read 37 pages of back and forth samsung, iphone, and htc non-sense. :P

read the post by Soorma on page 38. thats the most recent news by a creditable source.
    The HP C40? I certainly hope that the Palm branding survives...
    Quote Originally Posted by djprelude View Post
    read the post by Soorma on page 38. thats the most recent news by a creditable source.
    Hi all,

It seems that HP has already made a difference, even though the buyout hasn't yet happened.

If it is true that the C40 was scrapped and/or replaced with another design & if true, changing the launch date from 3Q to 4Q.

I assume, that Palm can now afford to spend more $ on research and upgrades, to make the PRE II a hit.

After all, we do know that Palm was burning thru cash, at a very rapid rate. Since the Pre was not the hit, that Palm & we wanted, they needed to spend the little cash they had on hand, at a even faster rate.

Yet, they couldn't b/c they had to hoard cash, due to slow sales and the rumor mill, that Palm was about to implode. Now that HP has Palm's back, Palm can spend more freely on R & D, (even before the buyout happens).

HP has already stated, that Palm will run as a separate entity, within HP. If that is the case, Palm will soon have very large accounts receivables. As it starts billing HP for services and software for webOS for printers, and other uses, (such as, for example: using webOS embedded into a monitor, to make a far more responsive touch screen monitor, than are currently on the market).

The increased A/R will help Palm with R & D for smart phones and other products. So it is a win-win situation!

Yet, with all of that said, I am very frustrated. This b/c unlike most of you, I still do not have a Pre. I still have to the middle of Oct, with my trusty old Centro, then my 2 year contract with V ends!

I feel like a frustrated kid screaming, " I want it, I want it NOW", at the top of his lungs, will jumping up and down. (Hay at my age and due to my disability, I would be jumping for joy, if I could jump up and down screaming, "I want it, I want it Now". LOL)

Take care, Jay
    Please Support Research into Fibromyalgia, Chronic Pain and Spinal Injuries. If You Suffer from These, Consider Joining or Better Yet Forming a Support Group. No One Should Suffer from the Burden of Chronic Pain, Jay M. S. Founder, Leesburg Fibromyalgia/Resources Group
    switch to sprint and main line gets a full upgrade every year. Really helps out staying up to date with tech
    Quote Originally Posted by toyotast165 View Post
    switch to sprint and main line gets a full upgrade every year. Really helps out staying up to date with tech
    yeah , but you still end up paying out around 300.00 or so even with the upgrade deduction lol
    ĦṔ-Ḷṫ-Ŧḯη
    Here is a direct link to webOS Doc for all carriers
    http://www.webos-internals.org/wiki/...octor_Versions
    P.S. if i have helped you and you are thankful please hit the thanks button to the right---->
    @ Shadavis - not sure about that. The price of the phone usually equals the price of someone coming fresh from another carrier.
    Are bad people born that way? Or did something go terribly wrong?
    Global Posts
    400 Global Posts
    A 4.0 sliding phone...urgh!!
    Quote Originally Posted by Shadavis08 View Post
    yeah , but you still end up paying out around 300.00 or so even with the upgrade deduction lol
    I pay $80 a month (incl taxes) for unlimited everything (voice 450 min) on sprint, whatever I pay for an upgrade pays for itself in a few months vs. the $110 plus I was paying on AT&T. (I also live in a city, so reception isn't a problem). I have no need for 4G, hopefully I can avoid that $10 fee...

I've been pleased as punch with my pre, would upgrade to a HPC40 or whatever in a heartbeat. They only other thing I'd consider would be an iPhone 4 on verizon...but not holding my breath on that one.

They really need to bundle the touchstone, it makes the phone sooo much nicer to use.
    Man i dont care if the screen size is 4" or 40" i need WebOS on it and if possible...flash (u listening ADOBE gimme me my flash)
    Quote Originally Posted by toyotast165 View Post
    Hi, that is exactly what I am going to do! take care, Jay
    Global Posts
    79 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Soorma View Post
    Hey Everybody. Gather around!

I got an email from Jackson today, outlining upcoming 4g phones. The list follows!

3. HP c40- THis was formerly known as the palm c40 until the company was bought out by HP. This device will be the first of HP's new mobile line featuring web OS. It will have a large 4.0 + " high res screen, LCD, 8mp camera, 720p recording, just an overall larger and better device than the pre. The time frame for this was supposed to be Q3 2010 but that could be pushed back to Q4.

What do you guys think. Sounds good? One of our sources, NitOxYs, have said the C40 has been scrapped, but since we don't know the actual name, we keep calling it the C40.
    While this is potentially great news, but deep inside, I kinda want HPalm to do a better job implementing WebOS before they release this beast. I have a feeling that this will be the last big push for a flagship mobile device if sales don't meet HP's internal expectations. HPalm should take their time, workout the bugs, put out a solidly built hardware, work on a solid integration with Vidyo, and maybe, just maybe, they will have a shot in gaining webos users.

Just imagine, for family or business, the ability to make decent video calls in a streamline process without a third-party portal (qik) is only from Apple at this point. If HPalm can make implement video calls from phone to desktop/mobile devices, with HP's IT backbone with strong VPN and corporate protocols, IT managers will wet their pants.

Remember, HP sells billions to their corporate customers, let me repeat, billions. Most fortune 500 companies runs nothing but HPs. They must have some hot sales reps.
    Global Posts
    442 Global Posts
    Am I the only one that sees HP going after blackberry and trying to make a WebOS Enterprise server to work with WebOS smartphones?