Page 37 of 84 FirstFirst ... 27323334353637383940414247 ... LastLast
Results 721 to 740 of 1662
  1. #721  
    Fair enough. I agree the size isnt for everyone. I like it but thats just a personall opinion. I also was never a fan of Android but I saw that 2.1 was much better and Froyo really is spectacular so I figured I would get in on Android now and if it suits my needs stick with it. I also ( and this is just my opinion and I have been saying it from day one) I dont believe a new webos phone is coming this year , next year maybe . ( again just my opinion and I have been consistent since day one). my PRE fell apart and I did not want to get another since its just not cutting it as a smartphone for me. I figured I can learn android and enjoy the Pre while I wait to see what HP does with WEBOS.

    Quote Originally Posted by vpr View Post
    Well since I haven't used Android I can't say that I dislike android (although I do feel it's too fragmented, similar to linux) but I dislike EVO because I think it's too large. I don't need, or really want to carry a 4.3inch screen in my pocket. 3.5-3.8 seems much more pocket-able and manageable... Again speaking from only viewing videos and such no hands-on time.
    Last edited by VaccPalm; 06/14/2010 at 12:41 PM.
  2. #722  
    The EVO rocks, it is Android that lags. The logic of WebOs is what you will miss. Exchange on Android is almost unusable. If you use a folder other than "inbox" you have to hit, Menu, other folders, the check each folder to see if you have an email in that folder. Where WebOs has the mail page shows you all of your folders and how many emails are in each. Don't get me wrong, I wish that someone could port over WebOs onto this phone, it truly would be a match made in heaven.
  3. #723  
    Download K-9 . it does what you are talking about ( the new version released on Saturday). Its the best email client since snappermail.


    Quote Originally Posted by twstrickland View Post
    The EVO rocks, it is Android that lags. The logic of WebOs is what you will miss. Exchange on Android is almost unusable. If you use a folder other than "inbox" you have to hit, Menu, other folders, the check each folder to see if you have an email in that folder. Where WebOs has the mail page shows you all of your folders and how many emails are in each. Don't get me wrong, I wish that someone could port over WebOs onto this phone, it truly would be a match made in heaven.
  4. #724  
    hey guys let's keep focused here and make sure that our conversations here are about info of the next palm/hp phone. Is there any new news?
  5. #725  
    But, shouldn't it be able to do corporate email exchange out of the box? I’ve used Froyo and it still isn’t as good as WebOs. If this is the latest and greatest, then I’ll stick with last year’s Pre. One thing I loved about the Pre, and will love again soon, was you really didn’t need a lot of apps the phone is amazing just the way it is. But, Android does have a lot of really cool apps, can’t take that away from them.
  6. #726  
    Sorry for being off topic. I started out looking for any news of the "C40" and if you could get your upgrade back..
  7. #727  
    Dont sweat it. there is no news and probally no reall news until the merger is complete in August so a little off tangent is ok. As for the email . Would be great if it was perfect out of the box but there really is no big deal adding a free email client. I mean it the same as Homebrew which is what makes the Pre really good . thats fixing what is missing out of the box.


    Quote Originally Posted by twstrickland View Post
    Sorry for being off topic. I started out looking for any news of the "C40" and if you could get your upgrade back..
  8. #728  
    I suspect we'll get all the news we want withing a couple of weeks of the shareholder vote, assuming the deal goes through.

    By the way, looks like Evo's are having their own issues, including the screen becoming unglued to the aluminum frame. I hope the new Palm device has even better build quality (my Pre+ is fine, but I can tell the original Pre had/has issues), but I've mentioned in other forums that now smartphone is immune to issues. Especially in this day and age of "just good enough" quality for consumer items. The iPhone is probably the best built of all of them, but it's Apple; i.e. limited in ways I can't stand.
  9. DJPrelude's Avatar
    Posts
    89 Posts
    Global Posts
    93 Global Posts
    #729  
    when again is the shareholder vote?
  10. #730  
    25th
  11. krische's Avatar
    Posts
    421 Posts
    Global Posts
    442 Global Posts
    #731  
    Quote Originally Posted by drewton540 View Post
    25th
    of june?
  12. #732  
    June 25th, only 10 more days! (not counting today)
    The Original Owner of the AT&T Pre3
  13. #733  
    Mods need to take out the EVO talk from this thread......ruining the mojo =)
  14. #734  
    The only news that could be released then or shorty after is a vague press conference promising X new device "soon". There are no carrier agreements in place, no FCC approval, no updated OS to go with it, zero.

    There's not even a firm date for the "major overhaul" of WebOS that Palm promised earlier in the year. No way is top-of-the-line hardware hitting without that, especially with a resolution change likely.
  15. krische's Avatar
    Posts
    421 Posts
    Global Posts
    442 Global Posts
    #735  
    Quote Originally Posted by Soorma View Post
    June 25th, only 10 more days! (not counting today)
    I assume that is for the Palm conference. Do HP shareholders have to approve anything?
  16. #736  
    Quote Originally Posted by mikah912 View Post
    The only news that could be released then or shorty after is a vague press conference promising X new device "soon". There are no carrier agreements in place, no FCC approval, no updated OS to go with it, zero.

    There's not even a firm date for the "major overhaul" of WebOS that Palm promised earlier in the year. No way is top-of-the-line hardware hitting without that, especially with a resolution change likely.
    If memory serves, Palm kept the FCC approval for the Pre pretty much hidden until the phone was announced. They have shown that they are quite capable of keeping a secret. I think it would be a sign of shear stupidity if they don't have a phone ready to go within the next 2-3 months, and an announcement withing the next month.

    You, as have others, continue to make assumptions about what Palm can and can't do, despite the fact that the Pre just dropped out of nowhere onto CES. The only thing people really knew was that a new phone was coming.
  17. DJPrelude's Avatar
    Posts
    89 Posts
    Global Posts
    93 Global Posts
    #737  
    Quote Originally Posted by mikah912 View Post
    The only news that could be released then or shorty after is a vague press conference promising X new device "soon". There are no carrier agreements in place, no FCC approval, no updated OS to go with it, zero.

    There's not even a firm date for the "major overhaul" of WebOS that Palm promised earlier in the year. No way is top-of-the-line hardware hitting without that, especially with a resolution change likely.
    a pic or definite answer that one is coming and about when is all i care about. im not expecting them to just put a new phone up for sale the next day but hopefully they'll give us some type of info.
  18. #738  
    Quote Originally Posted by falconrap View Post
    If memory serves, Palm kept the FCC approval for the Pre pretty much hidden until the phone was announced. They have shown that they are quite capable of keeping a secret. I think it would be a sign of shear stupidity if they don't have a phone ready to go within the next 2-3 months, and an announcement withing the next month.

    You, as have others, continue to make assumptions about what Palm can and can't do, despite the fact that the Pre just dropped out of nowhere onto CES. The only thing people really knew was that a new phone was coming.
    Your memory does not serve you, my friend: Palm Pre Gets FCC OK'd

    It's odd that you'd use CES as an example of Palm executing a coordinated stealth launch. As I remember it, it was way, way, way, way before they could even allow someone to handle the device and look at the programs, much less before the OS was near finished and manufacturing was ready. In fact, that whiz bang announcement followed by six months of nada was probably instrumental in crippling sales.

    Not that they could have done anything differently.

    But let's go with your scenario. Let's say that they have WebOS 1.4.5 ready to go for September along with a new device. Who's selling this? Not Verizon. Certainly not AT&T (just launched Pre and Pixi and need to move those) or T-Mobile (no interest and no recent Palm history). That leaves Sprint, who is committed to both the Evo and now the Samsung Galaxy S line as 4G devices. The company has publicly thrown the Pre under the bus more than once. But oh, the next WebOS device is 4G too? It'll just be another device in their lineup and this time, they have even more leverage in the carrier agreement.

    Won't grow marketshare much. Certainly aint going to light a fire under developers. And it's well after iPhone 4, Evo, Droid X, Samsung Galaxy, and lots of other competitors have launched and gotten people into new contracts. So what's the upside?
  19. #739  
    [QUOTE=falconrap;2509086]....... I think it would be a sign of shear stupidity if they don't have a phone ready to go within the next 2-3 months, and an announcement withing the next month. QUOTE]

    I agree 101%, take care, Jay
    Please Support Research into Fibromyalgia, Chronic Pain and Spinal Injuries. If You Suffer from These, Consider Joining or Better Yet Forming a Support Group. No One Should Suffer from the Burden of Chronic Pain, Jay M. S. Founder, Leesburg Fibromyalgia/Resources Group
  20. krische's Avatar
    Posts
    421 Posts
    Global Posts
    442 Global Posts
    #740  
    Quote Originally Posted by mikah912 View Post
    Your memory does not serve you, my friend: [url= Pre Gets FCC OK'd[/url]
    the pre was announced in January. That FCC stuff is from May.

Tags for this Thread

Posting Permissions