Page 35 of 84 FirstFirst ... 25303132333435363738394045 ... LastLast
    4G webOS phone = WIN
    Palm Vx -> Treo 600 -> Treo 700p -> Centro -> Pre (Launch Phone 06/06/09) -> AT&T Pre Plus with Sprint EVDO swap -> Samsung Epic 4G w/ Froyo
    I didn't know christmas came in Q3! Sweet
    Quote Originally Posted by gmleonar View Post
    someone posted within the C40 board that something they thought could be the reason for nothing being leaked out from Palm about the next webos handset would be for the reason that if something was leaked out about the next great device, it could ultimately alter the stock outcome of the company, causing problems... now i never thought about this, but it makes significant sense about the whole situation/waiting game we're in to hear SOMETHING/ANYTHING about the next device. i mean this sounds logical in the scheme of things, and at the end of July when the deal is completely finalized, i will be waiting with baited breath for the next device to be announced. i was curious however if anyone knew the inner workings of a publicly traded company being bought out by another larger company, and if this stock idea would have any/a significant effect on stock value?
    That's the point. If Palm releases/leaks something now, actually Palm will not only have price issues, but also potential disclosure and insider trading lawsuits, AFAIKAFAIKAFAIK.
    It's not just insider trading. It's also shareholder lawsuits. If it's released and it looks to be a total killer, they could get sued for selling the company below its true value. That kind of thing can actually stop and even scuttle a sale, something from which Palm would probably have difficulty recovering.
    Quote Originally Posted by Soorma View Post
    Hey Everybody!

Jackson emailed me this morning to tell me the following!

So, Q3 is July, August, and September. I'm placing my bets on an August release.
    Hi all,

I like your thinking. Take care, Jay
    Please Support Research into Fibromyalgia, Chronic Pain and Spinal Injuries. If You Suffer from These, Consider Joining or Better Yet Forming a Support Group. No One Should Suffer from the Burden of Chronic Pain, Jay M. S. Founder, Leesburg Fibromyalgia/Resources Group
    Global Posts
    215 Global Posts
    c40: castle 4.0in (c40).

This project was scrapped. FYI. c40 does not exist anymore.
    Sprint Palm 2 - Developer Mode - 2.1.0
    Quote Originally Posted by NitOxYs View Post
    c40: castle 4.0in (c40).

This project was scrapped. FYI. c40 does not exist anymore.
    Wow, thats a shocker.
    But just cause its not the C40 doesn't mean it doesn't exist!

So, whats the new device?
    The Original Owner of the AT&T Pre3
    Global Posts
    215 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Soorma View Post
    Wow, thats a shocker.

So, whats the new device?
    I'll have to get this guy drunk to get anymore info. He'll prolly lose his job if anything for talking about it. Eh well, he'll find a new one . Am I a bad friend?
    Sprint Palm 2 - Developer Mode - 2.1.0
    I'll have to get this guy drunk to get anymore info. He'll prolly lose his job if anything for talking about it. Eh well, he'll find a new one . Am I a bad friend?
    No, you're a good friend. He is just one guy, what about the hundreds of friends at Precentral? haha

But just tell me, has my source been accurate?

No not a bad friend, just don't give his name and hopefully he dosn't know you on this forum
    ok so I'm an ***** and didn't quote right.
    anyone else thinking a leak may come this week???
    Quote Originally Posted by toyotast165 View Post
    Who knows lets just hope something happens soon.
    Hmmm, them how about you do get him drunk, then pretend like it never happend, except for the huge thread you make the next day telling us all about the info you got out of him >.<
    Quote Originally Posted by toyotast165 View Post
    I can feel a buildup of info, about to go BOOM! Maybe the "sources" are holding back
    just to be nice to Palm and make sure the vote goes through,
    http://www.istockphoto.com/file_thum...0-dynamite.jpg

Now I'm going to get sued by iStockPhoto.
    Last edited by Soorma; 06/13/2010 at 12:10 AM.
    There won't be any official leaks or new info about a Palm device until the buyout has the last signature. There have been rumors galore, and a ton of hopeful speculation, but I think it's going to be extremely quiet until August. You'll see lots of people complaining about the lack of news, but just think about what will come after that point. Oh...wait.. that's what were doing.
    Quote Originally Posted by Krab19 View Post
    if that's true, I am going to cry cause there is no wimax in canada D:
    look on the bright side, We have overpriced 3g!

what more can you want?
    when it comes to sprint, cuz there is no doubt in my mind that it will, hopefully we wont have to pay a "10$ monthly convenience charge" for the phone. i mean i kno its convenient for sprint to charge us, but i think i could do without it... ha
    Global Posts
    93 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by gmleonar View Post
    when it comes to sprint, cuz there is no doubt in my mind that it will, hopefully we wont have to pay a "10$ monthly convenience charge" for the phone. i mean i kno its convenient for sprint to charge us, but i think i could do without it... ha
    yea thats why i prefer it be just 3g and not 4g i dont wanna pay $10 more.
    and we dont even have 3g over here, so im sure we will prolly never get 4g!
    Hi all,

I live 45 miles NW of Orlando, so we have only 3G here. To S's credit, they have now added Orlando to the coming soon, 4G map.

I still have not gotten a straight answer from them, if the 4G will cover my area, as I said suburban to Orlando. If it does not, this area is rural enough that, we any get 4 G when the rest of country moves to 5G! LOL!

Take care, Jay
    Please Support Research into Fibromyalgia, Chronic Pain and Spinal Injuries. If You Suffer from These, Consider Joining or Better Yet Forming a Support Group. No One Should Suffer from the Burden of Chronic Pain, Jay M. S. Founder, Leesburg Fibromyalgia/Resources Group