Page 34 of 84 FirstFirst ... 24293031323334353637383944 ... LastLast
    I'm sorry for the slight off topic question, but I can't find the thread.
    When will this HP/Palm merger be final?
    Just call me Berd.
    Quote Originally Posted by berdinkerdickle View Post
    I'm sorry for the slight off topic question, but I can't find the thread.
    When will this HP/Palm merger be final?
    31st of July if I remember rightly. That is when it is official on paper for the first time.
    ^ Thanks,
    I finally found it:
    http://www.precentral.net/hp-buys-palm
    Just call me Berd.
    C40? What kind of name is that?
    I would think the next WebOS phone would be the Pre2..

I wouldn't mind another slider as long as it had an on-screen keyboard for landscape.

I hope I don't have to wait till WebOS 2.0 for group contacts/group messaging. I'm really missing that feature.
    Quote Originally Posted by WebOS Advocate View Post
    I hope I don't have to wait till WebOS 2.0 for group contacts/group messaging. I'm really missing that feature.
    Look in the app store for "TXT Group" - its free and allows easy group texts.
    It's a rumored codename. The name that is finally used will be chosen based on marketing studies. It's a very common thing in tech companies.
    That was just a code Name , not the phones name. Most phones have a code name . like the SuperSonic was the code name for the EVO etc. The deviuce would most likely not be called the C40. I Think the pre code name was the Nova and the Centro was Gryphon

I wouldn't mind another slider as long as it had an on-screen keyboard for landscape.

pre was "Castle" actually...

"Nova" was the OS's codename
    Oh yeah right, thanks for the correction. Shows why I need a Smartphone.

Quote Originally Posted by tjaero View Post
    pre was "Castle" actually...

"Nova" was the OS's codename
    I jumped on boat with the evo and use my pre as a secondary device now.....( love rooting )

I can't wait to get a glimpse of this c40 I think palm is doing a good job by waiting it out, this way they can release the phone with the 1.2 ghz dual core processor when it comes out, and apparently just like computers this dual core will use less power and will be smarter about it so you get power with efficiency.
    Treo 700wx > Treo 755p > Treo 800w > IPhone 3g > Treo Pro > Palm Pre
    Global Posts
    666 Global Posts
    Crickets...
    someone posted within the C40 board that something they thought could be the reason for nothing being leaked out from Palm about the next webos handset would be for the reason that if something was leaked out about the next great device, it could ultimately alter the stock outcome of the company, causing problems... now i never thought about this, but it makes significant sense about the whole situation/waiting game we're in to hear SOMETHING/ANYTHING about the next device. i mean this sounds logical in the scheme of things, and at the end of July when the deal is completely finalized, i will be waiting with baited breath for the next device to be announced. i was curious however if anyone knew the inner workings of a publicly traded company being bought out by another larger company, and if this stock idea would have any/a significant effect on stock value?
    That answers why nothing is leaked the last 5 weeks. but the C40 was in Sprints systems last October. what was the reason nothing was leaked oct-nov-dec-jan-feb-mar-apr-may. I just think that Palm has multiple demos they were working and and the C40 was probally nothing.
    Global Posts
    666 Global Posts
    I definitely agree with VaccPalm and gmleonar. So until that glorious day arrives all we will hear are crickets.
    Quote Originally Posted by VaccPalm View Post
    That answers why nothing is leaked the last 5 weeks. but the C40 was in Sprints systems last October. what was the reason nothing was leaked oct-nov-dec-jan-feb-mar-apr-may. I just think that Palm has multiple demos they were working and and the C40 was probally nothing.
    Something probably did exist at that point, but, who knows.. strategies and models always change from time to time, depending on what the company is trying to accomplish. In Feb Palm already started to look for alternative measures so everything was put on hold.
    Hey Everybody!

Jackson emailed me this morning to tell me the following!

Quote Originally Posted by Jackson View Post
    I have confirmed its Wimax and coming in late Q3
    So, Q3 is July, August, and September. I'm placing my bets on an August release.
    The Original Owner of the AT&T Pre3
    if that's true, I am going to cry cause there is no wimax in canada D:

Quote Originally Posted by Soorma View Post
    Hey Everybody!

So, Q3 is July, August, and September. I'm placing my bets on an August release.
    Global Posts
    93 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by soorma View Post
    hey everybody!

So, q3 is july, august, and september. I'm placing my bets on an august release.

so that means its gonna be on sprint right???????????
    Quote Originally Posted by djprelude View Post
    so that means its gonna be on sprint right???????????
    God I hope not; at least not exclusively.
    -Joshua
    I've decided to become enigmatic.
    Well it could be on Clear, they have said they will offer phones.