Page 32 of 84 FirstFirst ... 2227282930313233343536374282 ... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by kbritt31 View Post
    its an honest question. when will people throw in the towel?
    Why throw in the towel?
    Global Posts
    215 Global Posts
    So far my source has been accurate. People asked me from before why they are weary from buying up Pre Plus and Pixi Plus left over stock? They can't really move it, and the CFO said it's content with the EVO 4G.. For now. I'm not exactly sure that the CFO has seen any new phones from Palm. I was told only a few have seen the phone. I was told that the build version of WebOS is going to change with the new phone. He initially said 1.5 but I'm not too entirely sure now. He also said that the developer team has moved along the Video/Audio API's to coincide with the device's capabilities, but will later get updates to enable all of the features. I tried to get more out of him but thats about it.
    Sprint Palm 2 - Developer Mode - 2.1.0
    How about getting the new codename of the device? Is it still the c40? Castle? Magic? etc.

and reconfirm the processor

thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by NitOxYs View Post
    So far my source has been accurate. People asked me from before why they are weary from buying up Pre Plus and Pixi Plus left over stock? They can't really move it, and the CFO said it's content with the EVO 4G.. For now. I'm not exactly sure that the CFO has seen any new phones from Palm. I was told only a few have seen the phone. I was told that the build version of WebOS is going to change with the new phone. He initially said 1.5 but I'm not too entirely sure now. He also said that the developer team has moved along the Video/Audio API's to coincide with the device's capabilities, but will later get updates to enable all of the features. I tried to get more out of him but thats about it.
    I agree but i dunno how much influence CFO has on a product he's more of a number cruncher and wont know the difference between a Power button and volume button if his life depended on it. My $.02
    Is there any information on this phone coming to any carrier other than Sprint?
    I believe.

CFO = #2 or #3 is an organization. CEO's left hand. COO is his right. Not much happens without his buyin.
    Quote Originally Posted by mjrei View Post
    kjb86, your first TMC error? I get them about 4 times a day. My Pre is overclocked, patched and loaded to the gills with music and apps. I'm so loaded up I don't know what to take off first to even try to find the memory leak.

Is your device a Pre or Pre Plus? If it's a Plus you'd be the first to get the TMC error that I'm aware of. Just curious.

All the more reason we are all chomping at the bit for a new Palm/webOS device. Power plus webOS... sounds like a campaign speech it's so good.
    Hahah yeah today was my first TMC error, can you believe it? I was playing NOVA and then I started to get destroyed by those big aliens and then it came up, then I died cause it interrupted me lol

Device is a Palm Pre, as I am in Canada with crappy Bell Mobility.

Man, I still love my pre and I just can't imagine jumping to another platform, so lets hope for a new device

Quote Originally Posted by maxima2k53 View Post
    try out http://forums.precentral.net/web-os-...erimental.html u wont have TMC errors no more. i was able to open up 31 cards including all intensive apps, but of course there was a performance hit at 31
    ok, so, first time I've done the overclocking tonight.. i never cared before because honestly, the stock speeds of the pre were fine with me, compared to what I was using before the Pre.
    However, 6 cards open playing NOVA not a single hiccup - it's bodacious!
    It's pretty good thou, I don't actually notice a huge huge opening/moving around speed increase from stock, but I guess just better memory management.

I know this isn't the right forum to ask, but with govnah, do you need to keep that card open or do you close it and it works 500/800 off/on with screenstate?
    Quote Originally Posted by darkzone View Post
    I agree but i dunno how much influence CFO has on a product he's more of a number cruncher and wont know the difference between a Power button and volume button if his life depended on it. My $.02
    Sprint CFO just looks like a d-bag..
    I wouldn't trust anything he said lol
    Well, whoever your source is, lets hope he/she is right as a lot of people are hoping/banking on Palms next move. I personally can wait as I am completely happy with my Pre and I don't need the next thing to destroy the 'holy grail' icrap because I simply don't care one bit for Apple or their devices.

Don't have 1 Apple product. Never have, never will
    FINALLY! Some actual news about a new palm phone and not some otha stuff I don't care to read no offense to nobody......
    Quote Originally Posted by rlopin View Post
    It's still fun to read though, right?

But sometimes they really do have inside info.

For example, I heard some info from a reliable source a few details about what Palm was planning a few months ago. I have not divulged the info anywhere because I don't want to get my source in trouble.

I also respect Palm and don't want to give any of their competitors any advantage whatsoever. I hesitated even typing this post, but realized I am not saying anything concrete a competitor could use.
    whatever !
    ĦṔ-Ḷṫ-Ŧḯη
    Here is a direct link to webOS Doc for all carriers
    http://www.webos-internals.org/wiki/...octor_Versions
    P.S. if i have helped you and you are thankful please hit the thanks button to the right---->
    Quote Originally Posted by funkmeisterbrau View Post
    CFO = #2 or #3 is an organization. CEO's left hand. COO is his right. Not much happens without his buyin.
    The CFO of a place like Sprint probably went into this event knowing two things relevant to what he said:

1. The Pre didn't sell as well as Sprint wanted.
    2. Right now, EVO="The Shiznit"

Dude would likely badmouth kittens, apple pie, and his mother's milk if he thought it would increase the bottom line. I don't read anything at all into his ramblings.
    Global Posts
    78 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by kjb86 View Post
    ....ok, so, first time I've done the overclocking tonight.. i never cared before because honestly, the stock speeds of the pre were fine with me, compared to what I was using before the Pre.
    However, 6 cards open playing NOVA not a single hiccup - it's bodacious!
    It's pretty good thou, I don't actually notice a huge huge opening/moving around speed increase from stock, but I guess just better memory management.

I know this isn't the right forum to ask, but with govnah, do you need to keep that card open or do you close it and it works 500/800 off/on with screenstate?
    kjb86,

Wrong forum disclosure: In case you haven't already found the answer somewhere else... You don't need to the Govnah overclocking app open. Use Govnah to set the type/profile of the overclocking you want based on the kernel you've installed.

You can choose to leave Govnah open, which by the way, after installing the F104 Compcache kernel it won't matter how many cards you leave open or closed! Really! It makes a huge difference. The only advantage to leaving Govnah open is that you can watch your device temp in real time. Which isn't necessary either as I've used overclocking for months and the temp seems to fluctuate far more by downloads, streaming, phone use and outside temp (sun, car use, etc.) than it ever does from an overclocking kernel.

So, Govnah lets you select what type of overclocking the kernel installed does. Once a profile is selected, Govnah app open or closed makes no difference as to whether the overclocking occurs. Hope that helps.

In some odd way this topic seems appropriate for this thread. Overclocking makes a Pre (especially non-Plus-Pre) run so well that waiting for Palm's new device is a much easier proposition.
    Quote Originally Posted by mjrei View Post
    kjb86,

Wrong forum disclosure:

In some odd way this topic seems appropriate for this thread. Overclocking makes a Pre (especially non-Plus-Pre) run so well that waiting for Palm's new device is a much easier proposition.
    Lol Yeah I know it was the wrong thread and I did find the appropriate answers in the right thread but it was just me rambling on

However, if we can make the original pre run this great at this stage, I cannot wait to see the next device up and running, and webOS doesn't even have the GPU (I think) working
    Global Posts
    78 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by darkzone View Post
    I think the Sprint CFO reference in NitOxYs' post is only relevent (and therefore mentioned) so far as it is a fair and logical indication that Sprint is reluctant to take Palm's "old inventory" only. The CFO reference in NitOxYs' post has nothing to do with Palm's development of new devices.

As for Sprint and Sprint's CFO, of course they're high on the EVO 4G! It's the world's first 4G device and it's on Sprint shelves right now!

This in now way casts a shadow on whether or not Palm has a new 4G device of its own coming... and more importantly, whether or not Sprint wants that device when it's ready.

Of course Sprint wants a new Palm 4G webOS device... when it's actually ready and available. The CFO is casting aspersions only on "old inventory" and it seems totally plausible that old Palm inventory for now could be causing a temporary funkiness between Palm and Sprint. Makes sense and therefore the reference by NitOxYs.
    what are the chances of sprint charging an extra $10/mo for a new palm device if it has a 4g radio in it?
    Quote Originally Posted by blackbird34608 View Post
    what are the chances of sprint charging an extra $10/mo for a new palm device if it has a 4g radio in it?
    I'd say that's pretty much guaranteed. I believe they stated that fee would be for all 4G devices.
    Global Posts
    543 Global Posts
    Was seriously leaning towards jumping onto the Evo bandwagon until last night. Played with the phone extensively at my Sprint store, and while the employee could not help answer any questions (yes I get that its fast and that its big, thanks for being so informed!), the time I spent with it really opened my eyes to quite a drastic difference in speeds! The difference is how fast the phone runs offline, but how slow it renders webpages...it is NOT blazing!

So basically not only am I expected to pay $10 more per month for a 4G service that is not likely coming to my area till winter, but I also would have to settle for SLOWER internet speeds than my year old cell???? Wha?????

Combine this with the questioned wifi reception and the realization that I may not be able to do much of anything one handed, I guess I'll sit tight for something announced here or see what else will be available this summer.

Definitely not holding out till winter/spring tho, so get to it Palm/HP!
    Tweet, Twit, or Tw@t? Twitter.com/bigfire

Your signature needs to be less interesting than that post you just added....and QUIT begging for people to 'Thank' you, you tool
    I'm really interested to see how they handle 4G. If they include it, they basically tie themselves to Sprint (again). If they don't, they can release it on all carriers, but will be given an immediate disadvantage (in the eyes of the masses) to the Evo on Sprint.