Page 31 of 84 FirstFirst ... 2126272829303132333435364181 ... LastLast
    Global Posts
    543 Global Posts
    Maybe just someone just trying to keep Pre folks due for an upgrade in the next month or two from jumping ship out of frustration at no real info????
    Tweet, Twit, or Tw@t? Twitter.com/bigfire

Your signature needs to be less interesting than that post you just added....and QUIT begging for people to 'Thank' you, you tool
    Quote Originally Posted by rlopin View Post
    It's still fun to read though, right?

But sometimes they really do have inside info.

For example, I heard some info from a reliable source a few details about what Palm was planning a few months ago. I have not divulged the info anywhere because I don't want to get my source in trouble.

I also respect Palm and don't want to give any of their competitors any advantage whatsoever. I hesitated even typing this post, but realized I am not saying anything concrete a competitor could use.
    C'monnnn you can't drop a hint like that in a thread like this and expect us to just let it go! The froth's so deep in here I'm afraid I'll run into Bobby, Cindy and Alice...

Soo either you know something and can give us a hint, or maybe you want us to pay you some 'tenshun?
    Last edited by Saltcreep; 06/10/2010 at 02:17 PM. Reason: forgot a word..
    Quote Originally Posted by bigfire View Post
    Maybe just someone just trying to keep Pre folks due for an upgrade in the next month or two from jumping ship out of frustration at no real info????
    Kinda seems like you may be right...and we are all falling for it.
    i thought i was gonna have to jump ship to AT&T for the iphone...now I may stick around to see what's up
    Mmmmmmmmmm, forbidden donut.....
    Quote Originally Posted by neville View Post
    From what my sources tell me, 10.
    So, how credible are your sources?
    Global Posts
    543 Global Posts
    Well I'm sure they feel their sources are as credible as a weatherman in San Diego (How's the weather going to be today, Bob? Bob: Nice, back to you Jim)

However the truth is they're more likely as credible as the weathermen here in WI
    (What's the weather going to be like today Norm? Norm: Grab your shovel and your sunscreen, and you should be set. Back to you Margie)
    Tweet, Twit, or Tw@t? Twitter.com/bigfire

Your signature needs to be less interesting than that post you just added....and QUIT begging for people to 'Thank' you, you tool
    Global Posts
    117 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Superjudge View Post
    Can anything be more overhyped then the "Retina Display"? Yes it looks nice next to the 3GS's display. You know what else looks better next to the 3GS display?......The Palm Pre. I'm not saying it's a not a nice achievement but not unfounded either and the technology is there for all makers of phones, not just Apple. I'm also not saying it won't look great. Sony did this 2 years ago with Xperia and that was only a 3" screen with 311 ppi resolution and now Apple's display is considered groundbreaking at 15 pixels more per inch with a 1/2" more of screen real estate to work with?
    BUT DOES IT have a retina display? A prominent analyst on Wednesday challenged Apple's claims that Apple's new iPhone contains a so-called "retina display" with a display whose sensitivity outweighed the eye. Analyst Challenges Apple's iPhone 4 'Retina Display' Claims | News & Opinion | PCMag.com
    Also saw an article where Apple plans on blocking Google ads and AdMob This will not make developers happy that all they will be able to use will be iAd. The walled garden that Apple is creating may just be their worst enemy in the future.
    Global Posts
    78 Global Posts
    This "c40 info" forum has been my version of AA... or something like that. Last week I was on the verge of going into a Sprint store to get the EVO 4G. The equivalent of falling off the wagon and into a drunken Android stupor for me... which damn near happened as I sat in my car at a Sprint store parking lot last week. One of my very good techno-geek buddies did just that... succumbed to the darkside that is EVO. (He also has had a launch day Pre like me.)

I love webOS but I've got my Sprint Pre maxed out and have for some time. Nothing mucks up the webOS experience quite like the "too many cards" error. A Pre Plus could remedy the pain but I'd still have buyer's remorse if a new device was announced.

This forum and a few other forums hinting here and there, and let us not forget Jon Rubinstein himself (fast and furiously working on new hardware), all alluding to a new device have kept me from doing what I'd surely regret if Palm does in fact deliver by late summer, early fall.

I for one will keep checking back, surfing the Android forums for "Supersonical's" soon to be released (his words) white glove video of the new Palm device, and hoping that these rumors turn out to have some truth to them. Pathetic. Yeah... I know.

Note: Supersonical did deliver the, odd but accurate, white glove video of the EVO 4G/Supersonic before it was officially announced. Prior to the video where the phone clearly showed the HTC logo, it was rumored that new 4G device from Sprint might be the new Palm phone. He claims he'll be doing it again soon, only this time he says, it will be the new Palm device.
    Quote Originally Posted by rlopin View Post
    I knew I should have never said anything. I'm shuttin' up now.
    Quote Originally Posted by krische View Post
    pretty please?
    Quote Originally Posted by tntdean View Post
    Oh please, just a little hint! How about a secret code. Scale of 1-10 how close are these rumors.
    Quote Originally Posted by Saltcreep View Post
    C'monnnn you can't drop a hint like that in a thread like this and expect us to just let it go! The froth's so deep in here I'm afraid I'll run into Bobby, Cindy and Alice...

Soo either you know something and can give us a hint, or maybe you want us to pay you some 'tenshun?
    Now now ladies and gents, he made a promise and he has to keep the promise. It hurts to not know, but.. it's like christmas.. don't peak at your gifts and keep the surprise, simply that.. a surprise lol

Quote Originally Posted by mjrei View Post
    This "c40 info" forum has been my version of AA... or something like that. Last week I was on the verge of going into a Sprint store to get the EVO 4G. The equivalent of falling off the wagon and into a drunken Android stupor for me... which damn near happened as I sat in my car at a Sprint store parking lot last week. One of my very good techno-geek buddies did just that... succumbed to the darkside that is EVO. (He also has had a launch day Pre like me.)

I love webOS but I've got my Sprint Pre maxed out and have for some time. Nothing mucks up the webOS experience quite like the "too many cards" error. A Pre Plus could remedy the pain but I'd still have buyer's remorse if a new device was announced.

This forum and a few other forums hinting here and there, and let us not forget Jon Rubinstein himself (fast and furiously working on new hardware), all alluding to a new device have kept me from doing what I'd surely regret if Palm does in fact deliver by late summer, early fall.

I for one will keep checking back, surfing the Android forums for "Supersonical's" soon to be released (his words) white glove video of the new Palm device, and hoping that these rumors turn out to have some truth to them. Pathetic. Yeah... I know.

Note: Supersonical did deliver the, odd but accurate, white glove video of the EVO 4G/Supersonic before it was officially announced. Prior to the video where the phone clearly showed the HTC logo, it was rumored that new 4G device from Sprint might be the new Palm phone. He claims he'll be doing it again soon, only this time he says, it will be the new Palm device.
    haha well, that's been a bit of time by now, so hopefully he will deliver and i'll be patiently awaiting

Odd note, today, I got my first "TMC" error.. yippy!
    Global Posts
    78 Global Posts
    kjb86, your first TMC error? I get them about 4 times a day. My Pre is overclocked, patched and loaded to the gills with music and apps. I'm so loaded up I don't know what to take off first to even try to find the memory leak.

Is your device a Pre or Pre Plus? If it's a Plus you'd be the first to get the TMC error that I'm aware of. Just curious.

All the more reason we are all chomping at the bit for a new Palm/webOS device. Power plus webOS... sounds like a campaign speech it's so good.
    kjb86, your first TMC error? I get them about 4 times a day. My Pre is overclocked, patched and loaded to the gills with music and apps. I'm so loaded up I don't know what to take off first to even try to find the memory leak.

Is your device a Pre or Pre Plus? If it's a Plus you'd be the first to get the TMC error that I'm aware of. Just curious.
    try out http://forums.precentral.net/web-os-...erimental.html u wont have TMC errors no more. i was able to open up 31 cards including all intensive apps, but of course there was a performance hit at 31
    Juan

2010-2011 Champions!

Quote Originally Posted by mysterfix View Post
    No one in the consumer market will care what CPU is in the phone. As long as it can run WebOS without lag and has some nice bells and whistles it will be fine. Most consumers just want the thing to work they don't care how it works. I sure do hope these rumors are true though, I will be the first one in line if they are.
    I agree that most consumers couldn't care less about which chip is in the phone. However, if you want to generate hype, it needs to start in the tech press before spreading into the mainstream, and the tech press does care about hardware.

Palm doesn't need to rewrite the book on hardware, but they do need something to get the tech blogs buzzing. As I said, if they can be first to market with an Arm9 device, that will certainly do it.
    In regards to what maxima2k53 said, I installed the Compcache Kernal several days ago, and it's been running great! I've been able to open 30 cards, and then afterwords open Need For Speed just fine. Of course, everything starts running slow then, but that's to be expected running 30 cards on a Sprint Pre.
    Follow me on Twitter

GTalk: thomascoe1

Black Sanyo Katana --> Blue Sanyo Katana --> Sanyo VI-2300 --> Blue LG Rumor --> Blue LG Rumor --> Palm Pre --> Palm Pixi --> Samsung Nexus S 4G
    just curious, a year or so down the line will you all still be waiting for rumors?
    Quote Originally Posted by kbritt31 View Post
    just curious, a year or so down the line will you all still be waiting for rumors?
    not sure what to reply...

either

just curious, you really think it'll be a year until palm comes out with a device?

or

just curious, do you have anything useful to add to this thread?

hmmm... lets see. how about replying with both?
    Last edited by OmegaSupreme; 06/10/2010 at 05:02 PM. Reason: spelling... doh!
    its an honest question. when will people throw in the towel?
    Global Posts
    78 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by maxima2k53 View Post
    try out http://forums.precentral.net/web-os-...erimental.html u wont have TMC errors no more. i was able to open up 31 cards including all intensive apps, but of course there was a performance hit at 31

Juan / maxima2k53
    , bigtime thanks for the heads up on the compcache kernel! I know this is the thread for all things C40... but I'm running the new kernel and all I can say is... Dude! What the hell!

Thanks! For the first time ever (launch day Pre owner on my first and only Pre) I opened 18 apps (including the weather, navigation, streaming-DrPodder, etc.! That's not all. Then for my 19th and 20th apps I opened up two 3D gaming apps that basically had to run alone before and always neede a luna restart just to boot up... and viola! 20 apps running! NO TMC ERROR! On a launchday Sprint Pre! Amazing! For the record the 3D games were Deer Hunter 3D and Super KO Boxing (each would usually require it's own luna restart prior to the compcache kernel). Palm, webOS and the homebrew community continue to amaze... Android EVO 4G? What the hell was I thinking?
    well not until there is a reason too, on the individual level.

for now, this individual likes his phone, and dosn't feel compelled by anything out there.

if, when i feel like upgrading, palm dosn't have an upgrade available, then perhaps i will move on to a different OS.

but as for throwing in a towel, this isn't a fight we are in, its a fight palm and other smartphone makers are in. perhaps you should ask them that question.

Hey, remember that time everyone thought that guy who had NFS inside info was faking it?

sometimes these things are true, usually there not, but its fun either way.
    Quote Originally Posted by thomascoe View Post
    In regards to what maxima2k53 said, I installed the Compcache Kernal several days ago, and it's been running great! I've been able to open 30 cards, and then afterwords open Need For Speed just fine. Of course, everything starts running slow then, but that's to be expected running 30 cards on a Sprint Pre.
    ABSOLUTELY AGREE! F104 Starfighter rocks my phone at 800 Mhz when the screen is on, and saves him at 250 Mhz when the screen is off! Now it's turn to install it on my wife's pre

Juan / maxima2k53
    , bigtime thanks for the heads up on the compcache kernel! I know this is the thread for all things C40... but I'm running the new kernel and all I can say is... Dude! What the hell!

Thanks! For the first time ever (launch day Pre owner on my first and only Pre) I opened 18 apps (including the weather, navigation, streaming-DrPodder, etc.! That's not all. Then for my 19th and 20th apps I opened up two 3D gaming apps that basically had to run alone before and always neede a luna restart just to boot up... and viola! 20 apps running! NO TMC ERROR! On a launchday Sprint Pre! Amazing! For the record the 3D games were Deer Hunter 3D and Super KO Boxing (each would usually require it's own luna restart prior to the compcache kernel). Palm, webOS and the homebrew community continue to amaze... Android EVO 4G? What the hell was I thinking?
    yup amazing wut this kernal did to my phone. i was able to record video even with 6 apps open, couldnt do that b4 f104

won't, not into android but thanks
    Juan

2010-2011 Champions!