Page 30 of 84 FirstFirst ... 2025262728293031323334354080 ... LastLast
    What new device are you hearing about? This whole thread is full of wild conjecture, wish lists, and blind faith. There is not one shred of verifiable information. The C40 has been nothing more than a mere shadow of a rumor based on some obscure reference in Sprint's system. Anything else is people projecting their own dream WebOS device onto a product code.
    Global Posts
    26 Global Posts
    We can only hope that the C-40 is a real device and yes dream too......
    Global Posts
    78 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by GenericMusings View Post
    What new device are you hearing about? This whole thread is full of wild conjecture, wish lists, and blind faith. There is not one shred of verifiable information. The C40 has been nothing more than a mere shadow of a rumor based on some obscure reference in Sprint's system. Anything else is people projecting their own dream WebOS device onto a product code.
    GenericMusings, true when you get right down to it... this is at worst conjecture and speculation. For my part it's also a lot of wishful thinking. At best it's solid insider information... That's what we're hoping it is.

Most of what you see with regard to comments on Palm next-gen flagship specs comes from a forum member who has inside-info from Sprint and Palm and from another member of the Android forums who also has inside-info. Originally from Jackson, username "Supersonical" in the Android forums (proven to be somewhat credible with early info on the HTC EVO/Supersonic) and lately from our own forum member "NitOxYs" another Palm/Sprint insider of sorts.

Until Palm/Sprint/Et.Al. makes an official announcement, (early July according to "NitOxYs" and his inside info) you are technically correct. I hope this isn't much a do about nothing. I'd love to find out these "insiders" know what they're talking about or at least what they've been told is accurate.
    Last edited by mjrei; 06/10/2010 at 08:18 AM. Reason: Tweaks. More Tweaks.
    Can anything be more overhyped then the "Retina Display"? Yes it looks nice next to the 3GS's display. You know what else looks better next to the 3GS display?......The Palm Pre. I'm not saying it's a not a nice achievement but not unfounded either and the technology is there for all makers of phones, not just Apple. I'm also not saying it won't look great. Sony did this 2 years ago with Xperia and that was only a 3" screen with 311 ppi resolution and now Apple's display is considered groundbreaking at 15 pixels more per inch with a 1/2" more of screen real estate to work with?
    Quote Originally Posted by Superjudge View Post
    Can anything be more overhyped then the "Retina Display"? Yes it looks nice next to the 3GS's display. You know what else looks better next to the 3GS display?......The Palm Pre. I'm not saying it's a not a nice achievement but not unfounded either and the technology is there for all makers of phones, not just Apple. I'm also not saying it won't look great. Sony did this 2 years ago with Xperia and that was only a 3" screen with 311 ppi resolution and now Apple's display is considered groundbreaking at 15 pixels more per inch with a 1/2" more of screen real estate to work with?
    Because everything Apple does is seen as groundbreaking. Why? Marketing, plain and simple and they are the best at it.
    Quote Originally Posted by Superjudge View Post
    +1 thanks for saying it

it all stems back to the sheep mentality of the world lol

When steve says something, it's got to be true, no? hahaha
    Considering this "Insider info" is true i would really really really really really luv the HD video also gotz to keep up with the competition..naimsayin.
    Global Posts
    442 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by darkzone View Post
    Considering this "Insider info" is true i would really really really really really luv the HD video also gotz to keep up with the competition..naimsayin.
    And if it is an OMAP4, that HD video could be 1080p!

If anyone hasn't seen, go to this article Hands-on with TAT's dual-screen phone concept and augmented reality app -- Engadget and watch the first video. It's a demonstration of TI's OMAP4 processor. It is driving 2 Pre-sized screens and outputing 1080p video over HDMI.
    Quote Originally Posted by krische View Post
    And if it is an OMAP4, that HD video could be 1080p!

If anyone hasn't seen, go to this article Hands-on with TAT's dual-screen phone concept and augmented reality app -- Engadget and watch the first video. It's a demonstration of TI's OMAP4 processor. It is driving 2 Pre-sized screens and outputing 1080p video over HDMI.
    I like the guys comment about having a tablet in the form factor similar to the pre
    imagine having a tablet that slides out QWERTY like that
    dang son that'd be ballin'
    Quote Originally Posted by darkzone View Post
    Considering IF this "Insider info" is true, i would really really really really really luv the HD video also gotz to keep up with the competition..naimsayin.
    Fixed it for you.
    Quote Originally Posted by NitOxYs View Post
    Sprint/Palm isn't like Verizon , leaving their stuff in locker rooms. Or have an Apple developer getting Drunk with a developer phone.

Don't worry guys, it'll all come soon.

There isn't a WebOS owner out there who isn't salivating for that blurrycam photo or dark video leak to show up on some foreign web site of the new Palm hardware....hence all the excitement over some random poster every week putting up a "new" spec list learned from an "insider" they had a conversation with, all of which are probably from mobile tech fantasyland.

It's kind of sad actually...then I realize I'm here surfing the forums too
    Global Posts
    443 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by bronxbomber View Post
    There isn't a WebOS owner out there who isn't salivating for that blurrycam photo or dark video leak to show up on some foreign web site of the new Palm hardware....hence all the excitement over some random poster every week putting up a "new" spec list learned from an "insider" they had a conversation with, all of which are probably from mobile tech fantasyland.

It's kind of sad actually...then I realize I'm here surfing the forums too
    It's still fun to read though, right?

But sometimes they really do have inside info.

For example, I heard some info from a reliable source a few details about what Palm was planning a few months ago. I have not divulged the info anywhere because I don't want to get my source in trouble.

I also respect Palm and don't want to give any of their competitors any advantage whatsoever. I hesitated even typing this post, but realized I am not saying anything concrete a competitor could use.
    Phones>Ericsson->iPaq->Treo700w>>PalmPre & TouchPad<<PC<-Amiga<-C64<-Vic20<-PET<Computers
    Quote Originally Posted by rlopin View Post

For example, I heard some info from a reliable source a few details about what Palm was planning a few months ago. I have not divulged the info anywhere because I don't want to get my source in trouble.

I also respect Palm and don't want to give any of their competitors any advantage whatsoever. I hesitated even typing this post, but realized I am not saying anything concrete a competitor could use.
    Must say, it's quite hard to discipline yourself to do that, and by contrast disciplining myself not to pm you and asking for details.

However, I respect an individual who respects the other aspects so as a consumer, i'm going to have to sit on my behind and wait for Palms next move, and hopefully it's a good one

cheers
    Thinking about it...the stylus is no more...can Palm call it the Pilot now? Would the Pilot Pens company object now?

Palm Pilot 1 sounds good to me

With the specs mentioned, the good brand recall and a good marketing campaign I'm sure the WebOS user-base can rapidly expand...
    Global Posts
    442 Global Posts

Can you hint at if we should continue salivating over the OMAP4 processor, or is it futile?

Haha Now I have a really strong urge to bug you for more details...but no, I can control myself!
    The Original Owner of the AT&T Pre3
    Global Posts
    443 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by kjb86 View Post
    Must say, it's quite hard to discipline yourself to do that, and by contrast disciplining myself not to pm you and asking for details.

However, I respect an individual who respects the other aspects so as a consumer, i'm going to have to sit on my behind and wait for Palms next move, and hopefully it's a good one

cheers
    Quote Originally Posted by krische View Post
    Can you hint at if we should continue salivating over the OMAP4 processor, or is it futile?
    Quote Originally Posted by Soorma View Post
    Haha Now I have a really strong urge to bug you for more details...but no, I can control myself!
    I knew I should have never said anything. I'm shuttin' up now.
    Phones>Ericsson->iPaq->Treo700w>>PalmPre & TouchPad<<PC<-Amiga<-C64<-Vic20<-PET<Computers
    Global Posts
    442 Global Posts
    pretty please?
    Attached Images Attached Images
    I knew I should have never said anything. I'm shuttin' up now.
    Oh please, just a little hint! How about a secret code. Scale of 1-10 how close are these rumors.
    Quote Originally Posted by tntdean View Post
    Oh please, just a little hint! How about a secret code. Scale of 1-10 how close are these rumors.
    From what my sources tell me, 10.
    Developer of Ultimate Hockey, netSpeed, BatteryMonitor, The Ghastly Headset,
    netSpeed HD, St4rs and Matrix Exhibition
    -------------------------------------------------------------------
    Follow my webOS projects on my blog and follow me on twitter