Page 3 of 84 FirstFirst 123456781353 ... LastLast
    after trying the 800mhz patch, I don't think 1.0ghz is fast enough! Don't get me wrong, the difference was night, and day, but it still needs alot more power. It's like going from a 20hp car, to a 60hp one.. 60 is alot better, but still lacks alot of power.. I'm waiting for stuff to load to much, i want to get to where everything opens up right away.. Maybe the 1ghz will be oced to 1.5ghz...
    Global Posts
    447 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by nimer55 View Post
    after trying the 800mhz patch, I don't think 1.0ghz is fast enough!
    How about 4 cores running at 1Ghz?! See info on the forthcoming ARM Cortex-A9 MPCore.
    Dave Cook | Fort Myers, Florida | Palm pre | Touchstone | Vaja iVolution Deco
    Quote Originally Posted by Cooknn View Post
    How about 4 cores running at 1Ghz?! See info on the forthcoming ARM Cortex-A9 MPCore.
    umm, i think dual 1.5 ghz will be enough.. (snapdragons sequel)
    well, lets put an i7 in overclocked 4.0 quad core in there, then lets see if the battery life improves at all

if anything i dont want what everyone else has..

i want over 512mb ram and a bit over 1ghz cpu
    Treo 700wx > Treo 755p > Treo 800w > IPhone 3g > Treo Pro > Palm Pre
    Gah - not another reason to stay with Sprint! (temporary 4G exclusivity)

Smartphones are always exercises in compromise. That's probably why there's such a wide variety of form factors and feature-sets.

Faster? Better graphics? - worse battery life.
    Bigger display? landscape-slider? more expansion ports? - less portable, clunkier

Except for being a portrait-slider, I think the Pre is about the best compromise out there currently. In the end, I need to be able to pocket my phone and have quick access. Pre gives me that.
    i wonder will it have a 2 cameras like the evo hmmmm cant wait to get my hands on 1
    Quote Originally Posted by Cooknn View Post
    I'll take it with a grain of salt, but a Sprint rep told me today that my area will have 4G by the end of the year (Fort Myers, Florida). That would be sweet.
    I would be highly upset if you folks in Ft Misery got 4G before us here in Orlando!!
    Phones in Family pre> pre> pre> Centro> Rant
    Whatever the C40 is, I just hope its announced before June, I would hate to waste my upgrade on a non-webOS device.

Palm has so much potential. Time to out your game face on palm.
    If my post helped you, Please Thanks Me !
    -sYnOnYx-
    --Pre User--
    The C-40 might be with Sprint but it could go to "V" also. Let alone there seems to be another Palm phone coming out. What it is, who knows but I talked a bit about it with a Verizon Executive at dinner tonight. Look at this thread for some more fun info.
    Sprint: 2-TouchPad 32g, Frank.-Pre-2, Pre-, MiFi & 1-LG Lotus with Xlink tied to home handsets. Backups: 650 & 700wx

HP Please release the CDMA Pre3 phones!
    We want them!!!
    doesn't 4g work like this

4g then 3g then ev then 1x?

if that's the case it shouldn't just have an exclusivity on sprint, it should run on other carriers since its possible....

i mean there is obviously the gsm vs cdma problem but just release two variations of the phone

It would hurt palm financially to just stay exclusive to sprint, although I love sprint.
    Treo 700wx > Treo 755p > Treo 800w > IPhone 3g > Treo Pro > Palm Pre
    thats the future. like it or not
    Global Posts
    506 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by jpdaballa View Post
    doesn't 4g work like this

4g then 3g then ev then 1x?

if that's the case it shouldn't just have an exclusivity on sprint, it should run on other carriers since its possible....
    4G is a marketing term, not a standards definition. The problem is that Sprint and Verizon are rolling out two completely different technologies that they call 4G. To cover just the CDMA side of things, phone manufacturers would need to include Sprint's 4G radio, Verizon's 4G radio, the current 3G radio, and everything backwards. Trying to fit all of this circuitry into a phone is going to be a challenge, so I would expect that the phone manufacturers will have modular radio packages for the different carriers rather than trying to create one package that works for everything. Of course, this means that your roaming options for 4G will be non-existent.....
    I am really starting to believe a new phone is coming out this summer.

Why was there never a thread on the C40 now popping up on the inventory order at Sprint?

C40 Order in Inventory-Boy Genius
    Quote Originally Posted by saluki42 View Post

Why was there never a thread on the C40 now popping up on the inventory order at Sprint?

If you search for C40 on here, you'll find the C40 inventory report was posted months ago, and died out. Every once in a while, it comes back up.
    Quote Originally Posted by saluki42 View Post

old news
    HTC EVO 4G
    ROOTED
    CM6 ROM
    50FPS
    40mflops
    Quote Originally Posted by dannydos View Post
    old news
    It's not that old. April 4th and I couldn't find the article already posted. Yes I know that it has been spotted in the inventory system but I believe this is the first time as showing up as Sprint putting an order in for them.

At the very least it is the 3rd time the phone has cropped up.
    The Jackson guy at Android Forums is saying the C40 is out in the wild and that there will be a video out soon just like the gloved Supersonic!!!

I can not wait to see the size of this thing!
    Quote Originally Posted by AlwayzRight View Post
    The Jackson guy at Android Forums is saying the C40 is out in the wild and that there will be a video out soon just like the gloved Supersonic!!!

I can not wait to see the size of this thing!
    link?
    Global Posts
    75 Global Posts
    4g is not so sweet as some of you may think. Sprint uses Clear for 4g. I had their service when they first launched (pre-launch actually) and the speeds were all over the place--from non-existent to fast'ish. They let me out of my 2-year commitment. That is issue one. 2nd Issue, do you really want to pay an extra service charge for 4g? Aren't our plans expensive enough? And if you were complaining about battery time before...
    Quote Originally Posted by LVRealtor View Post
    4g is not so sweet as some of you may think. Sprint uses Clear for 4g. I had their service when they first launched (pre-launch actually) and the speeds were all over the place--from non-existent to fast'ish. They let me out of my 2-year commitment. That is issue one. 2nd Issue, do you really want to pay an extra service charge for 4g? Aren't our plans expensive enough? And if you were complaining about battery time before...
    cause its new.. When 3g came out, it was inconsistent with speeds all over the place, and its still is acrually. Its just that as time went by we got more new towers so it became more consistent... Give it time, it will get better.
Page 3 of 84 FirstFirst 123456781353 ... LastLast