Page 25 of 84 FirstFirst ... 1520212223242526272829303575 ... LastLast
    IMO: Jul/August announcement/leak of an October/November release date. That seems the most credible to me.

Just my $0.02.
    Global Posts
    71 Global Posts
    We can always hope it comes soon!
    Quote Originally Posted by Soorma View Post
    I don't know why but I have a feeling that Palm might leak a picture tomorrow to take some shine away from Apple. Anyone feel the same?
    I found this quote from a very intelligent source
    The Original Owner of the AT&T Pre3
    lol u probably will be the leak
    Juan

2010-2011 Champions!

i hope u are right i need someting new i want it to be all over front page news on all tech blog sites
    unfortunately i disagree.. The other way around would work.. An apple leak might take away from palm's press.. But a palm phone is not going to away from the iphone's.. Apple is the company bloggers, and new sites love reporting on the most, they are not going to ignore the release of their new product cause of a palm leak...
    Quote Originally Posted by bausti25 View Post
    I disagree, the Evo is quality hardware with a great processor. It is just to silly-like big! If Palm could use the same type of hardware quality on their next phone with upgraded specs and the highest quality processor available, it will still be great. Just a move to the positive will help us all feel much better about Palm's future with HP.
    it is now, but come December when dual core phones are announced with the ability to output 720p video, and the single core snapdragon would start to look old.. Now wait a year until the next palm phone is released, and you have the pre problem all over again. they need to release cutting edge technology, so it's a "wow" when it comes out, and it's still "good/great" when it gets replaced.

heres the reasons the evo was hyped:

1. It had a huge screen

2. It was android

3. First phone runnign on sprints 4g (thats 3 pluses, 1. sprint doesn't have alot of phones, 2. it's 4g, 3. it's the first 4g)

Everything else like hdmi out, and the snapdragon was almost a neutral point.. a 600mhz cpu at this point in the game would of been a con.. especially with the 1ghz iphone coming out...
    I took the Evo back this morning and the manager @ the Sprint store told me that his Palm rep says their will be a bigger screened Pre upgrade available in August. Said it would run WebOS (duh) and still be a slider with a keyboard. He also said no iPhone for Sprint. FYI
    To clear some things up:

I am not in the "know-know" with Palm or its partners. I just have a couple of sources! Sorry to members that thought otherwise!
    i'd rather see drastic software improvements than a newer phone. would anyone buy a pre with winmo 6.5 on it?
    I'd rather get a new phone than anything else. Anyone remember the post about someone getting a bigger touchstone back than the current ones? I can't find the post.
    Quote Originally Posted by kbritt31 View Post
    i'd rather see drastic software improvements than a newer phone. would anyone buy a pre with winmo 6.5 on it?
    no absolutely not !!!!
    ĦṔ-Ḷṫ-Ŧḯη
    Here is a direct link to webOS Doc for all carriers
    http://www.webos-internals.org/wiki/...octor_Versions
    P.S. if i have helped you and you are thankful please hit the thanks button to the right---->
    Quote Originally Posted by kbritt31 View Post
    No... Winmob 6.5 is not nealry as intuitive as webos... That's why they are redoing winmob to winphone 7. A win phone would not be a palm phone. It is not hardware that makes palm great right now, it's webos. It just needs alo of fine tuning.. And I emphasise the "alot" part. However we equally ned new hardware as the hardware I have now is gaining one problem after the other everyday and I'm tempted just to get the evo ONLY because I want to be able to make phone calls without the phone thinking there's headphones connected everytime I mute it, and text without it missing keys and freezing up.
    I wish palm would just say, SOMETHING is coming within the next couple months and that it'll be on sprint.
    palm already did when they leaked the palm c40 info on to sprint computers. lol
    ĦṔ-Ḷṫ-Ŧḯη
    P.S. if i have helped you and you are thankful please hit the thanks button to the right---->
    Quote Originally Posted by Shadavis08 View Post
    palm already did when they leaked the palm c40 info on to sprint computers. lol
    I wish we could change the name of this thread. If the C-40 ever existed, I'm sure it has been shipped, scrapped, or renamed. The thread title implies that you can get information about a known product.

In fact, this is speculation about a code-name that may have been used on a product that may or may not represent a "future" product...

argh
    Quote Originally Posted by Cantaffordit View Post
    I wish we could change the name of this thread. If the C-40 ever existed, I'm sure it has been shipped, scrapped, or renamed. The thread title implies that you can get information about a known product.

In fact, this is speculation about a code-name that may have been used on a product that may or may not represent a "future" product...

argh
    palm may or may not be a smartphone company !! ha ha
    ĦṔ-Ḷṫ-Ŧḯη
    Quote Originally Posted by Shadavis08 View Post
    palm may or may not be a smartphone company !! ha ha
    Oh, LAWD!!!

You just started another meltdown!!

Damn you....Damn you to HELL!!

lol
    Quote Originally Posted by rlee2001 View Post
    Oh, LAWD!!!

You just started another meltdown!!

Damn you....Damn you to HELL!!

lol
    ha ha , well you never know !!
    ĦṔ-Ḷṫ-Ŧḯη
    Global Posts
    215 Global Posts
    3.8" IPS Capacitive Touch Screen
    Cortex A9 1.0-1.2Ghz
    512MB RAM
    OMAP4430 - POWERVR SGX540 Graphics
    16GB - 32GB Internal Memory
    Improved Vertical keyboard - Larger Buttons, better design
    No MicroSD Slot.
    Gesture Area
    1550 MaH Battery
    WebOS 1.5 will introduce a horizontal virtual keyboard.
    4G will be optional, but it will have the modem present.
    This phone will be announced shortly before the closing deal with HP. Early July.
    Last edited by NitOxYs; 06/08/2010 at 07:46 PM. Reason: I'm an idiot - BEFORE. *There's a reason for BEFORE
    Sprint Palm 2 - Developer Mode - 2.1.0