Page 21 of 84 FirstFirst ... 1116171819202122232425263171 ... LastLast
    Overclocking is when you run the chip at a faster rate than what it is assigned. Now I don't know if you really didn't know it but Ha, there is my best explanation!
    The Original Owner of the AT&T Pre3
    Quote Originally Posted by Soorma View Post
    Overclocking is when you run the chip at a faster rate than what it is assigned. Now I don't know if you really didn't know it but Ha, there is my best explanation!
    Hi,

Thank you, what I know can not even cover the bottom of a thimble, but what I don't know could overflow the great lakes, LOL..........

Take care, Jay
    Please Support Research into Fibromyalgia, Chronic Pain and Spinal Injuries. If You Suffer from These, Consider Joining or Better Yet Forming a Support Group. No One Should Suffer from the Burden of Chronic Pain, Jay M. S. Founder, Leesburg Fibromyalgia/Resources Group
    this is c40 info thread if people have nothing to say about c40 or anything related. to the person who posted that they got a case at the shack who the hell cares wow im tired of seeing this thread up top hoping to see some new info and its just people talking nonsense
    could we possibly hear something during wwdc? People are expecting jobs to talk iphone so would it be crazy for palm to talk c40?
    Quote Originally Posted by rexalbel View Post
    could we possibly hear something during wwdc? People are expecting jobs to talk iphone so would it be crazy for palm to talk c40?
    i hope so
    Juan

2010-2011 Champions!

I know everyone is anxious to find out about the mythical c40, so let's keep this thread civil and on-topic. Otherwise, we'll have to close it down. Thanks.
    Hi all, There was a posting, which I am not sure was on this thread, which claimed an early July date for the C40. I hope that is true, however, it seems too soon, without a word about it.................Take care, Jay
    Please Support Research into Fibromyalgia, Chronic Pain and Spinal Injuries. If You Suffer from These, Consider Joining or Better Yet Forming a Support Group. No One Should Suffer from the Burden of Chronic Pain, Jay M. S. Founder, Leesburg Fibromyalgia/Resources Group
    Quote Originally Posted by bakerman1 View Post
    Just my two cents...I recently moved from my pre to a hero to try android before the evo launch...well, only four days and I'm back WebOS is just so user friendly compared to others...anyways, I texted my sprint guy down at the corporate store asking about hearing of a "c40" supposedly in the sprint system. His response was, "Yep, thats the new palm phone and its suppose to be really nice...bigger screen, faster processor etc. and was suppose to be out in July but might be delayed because HP wants to make sure its perfect" I was stoked to hear this and am hoping that we will officially hear something soon...Just thought I would share

Ken

thats seems to be the same rumor that our insider stated a couple of weeks ago if anyone remembers. They stated that HP was making some tweaks to it before they announce it, and it was before the aquisition in july. Hopefully these are all true rumors and it comes to past. Though like I stated before it wouldnt make sense not to release a new model this year and wait, because they would have to play major catch up and loose not only old Web OS user but potential new ones
    Quote Originally Posted by wellwellwell11 View Post
    thats seems to be the same rumor that our insider stated a couple of weeks ago if anyone remembers. They stated that HP was making some tweaks to it before they announce it, and it was before the aquisition in july. Hopefully these are all true rumors and it comes to past. Though like I stated before it wouldnt make sense not to release a new model this year and wait, because they would have to play major catch up and loose not only old Web OS user but potential new ones
    Time will tell, I sure hope it is true! take care, jay
    After a year of near-constant hardware issues with the Pre, I've come pretty close to writing it off a couple times. 2 oreos, 2 stuck-in-headset-mode, and 1 snowy screen had me calling BestBuy and Sprint stores trying to decide where I was gonna go pre-order my Evo. However, with the 11 stores nearest to me all saying that I'd have to wait for the second shipment, I decided to revisit the idea of waiting for the Pre-Sequel. I absolutely love WebOS and wasn't too keen on switching to Hemdroid anyway. Now I've read almost 21 pages of this thread, and despite a lot of off-topic blah-blah, "Jackson," Soorma and a couple others have succeeded in keeping me from jumping ship. Thanks guys.

So, here's hoping that HPalm decides to spill the beans ASAP!
    Quote Originally Posted by rexalbel View Post
    Considering that the WWDC is actually an Apple event, it would be an unlikely place for Palm to announce their new phone and a perfectly reasonable place for Apple to announce theirs.
    Quote Originally Posted by KamSmiff View Post
    ... So, here's hoping that HPalm decides to spill the beans ASAP!
    Spill the beans? The EVO launches Friday. A boatload of us who purchased on the original June 6, 2009 launch date are due for upgrades and there has been no word, rumor, or leak regarding a new device? It ain't coming people. Move along. Nothing to see here.
    Alright, found some "new" stuff.

So, this guy, Ajac, is a member at Sprint.com and also androidforums.com. Now, I do not know his credibility but some of you have mentioned that he is also reliable. Well, I got in touch with him and he says:
    -----------------------------
    "But the c40, all I know so far, comes out in July. I been trying hard to get info on it, supposed to to have a nice screen on it 3.7 from what I heard"
    ------------------------------

So, anyone that can tell us how reliable Ajac is? I have heard of that July release in several places and times.

And to those that say its not coming,
    The Original Owner of the AT&T Pre3
    Quote Originally Posted by GenericMusings View Post
    Spill the beans? The EVO launches Friday. A boatload of us who purchased on the original June 6, 2009 launch date are due for upgrades and there has been no word, rumor, or leak regarding a new device? It ain't coming people. Move along. Nothing to see here.
    Translation: "Because I have not heard of a thing, said thing does not exist."

wow....just, wow.

I believe there WILL be a second gen WebOS phone. When? I have no clue. However, I'm not so impatient and / or dissatisfied with my Pre as to throw a hissy fit and declare the platform dead because....gasp...I have not yet been informed.
    Global Posts
    93 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Soorma View Post
    Alright, found some "new" stuff.

So, this guy, Ajac, is a member at Sprint.com and also androidforums.com. Now, I do not know his credibility but some of you have mentioned that he is also reliable. Well, I got in touch with him and he says:
    -----------------------------
    "But the c40, all I know so far, comes out in July. I been trying hard to get info on it, supposed to to have a nice screen on it 3.7 from what I heard"
    ------------------------------

So, anyone that can tell us how reliable Ajac is? I have heard of that July release in several places and times.

And to those that say its not coming,

from what i can find everyone says hey is creditable, so im just gonna cross my fingers and wait.

thanks for the info
    Well... with the news on the front page today Palm may need to hit a home-run with a device for HP to remember that smarthphones exist.
    From reading the font page and the article I read online HP purchased Palm for the OS Plain and simple. Dont expect a new phone. I have been saying for a while that this seems to be the future , they wanted WEB OS not to get into the smartphone business. and I think we have to take Hurd and what he says. I really , REALLY wanted a new device but looks like I move on to another OS this week.

The quote today from HP.

The Palm acquisition had nothing to do with being in the smartphone business. Hurd said that the company isn’t going to “spend billions of dollars trying to go into the smartphone business; that doesn’t in any way make any sense.” Hurd added:
    We didn’t buy Palm to be in the smartphone business.
    Last edited by VaccPalm; 06/02/2010 at 06:52 PM.
    Maybe Palm will announce their phone after the new iPhone is announced. Is a marketing thing, they need to announce it later so they don't get opaqued.
    This also probally means the end of the Palm name. as I said in the other thread. Thats going to be a very sad day. No more Palm. No new Pre's. Wow. I have been saying since day one that HP purchased Palm for the OS But not in a million years did I thnk they would abandon the phone market. I guess they see the success of the Iphone and Android phones and realize the millions and millions it would take to compete. they just spent so much money for the OS they dont want to spend any more trying to do what might be a money losing battle.
    Someone better rebuke this guy and fire him so we can keep hope alive!
    Treo 300->Treo 600->Treo 650->Treo 700p-> Palm Pre-> Samsung Galaxy S II Epic 4G Touch (32GB Launch-day Touchpad sustains my webOS need for now)