Page 2 of 84 FirstFirst 12345671252 ... LastLast
    when could a possible presentation be? After evo launch? When is that?
    Quote Originally Posted by Soorma View Post
    The palm C40 is going to be quite the device. Naturally we are talking 4G and flash. The device will be "naturally simple" in harware as the pre, but you won't confuse the 2 phones haha. Bigger screen 1ghz processor and a new "breed" of webOS made exclusively for 4G. If you are a webOS fan this will be your dessert. Late summer/early fall 2010----"
    The new "breed" of webOS exclusively for 4G scares me... does that mean we'll see a whole series of different webOSes based on device? I don't like the idea of a fractured OS like Android seems to be becoming...

Any thoughts?
    Quote Originally Posted by runukraine View Post
    The new "breed" of webOS exclusively for 4G scares me... does that mean we'll see a whole series of different webOSes based on device? I don't like the idea of a fractured OS like Android seems to be becoming...

Any thoughts?
    I think they will have a couple extra features..

Any thoughts?
    My guess is it's a future build, perhaps 1.5 or even 2.0 It certainly wouldn't launch with 1.4.1.1 with it still this far out.
    My complete guess is that the 4G phone would come with WebOS 2.0... just to help build more buzz, and it would have features to take advantage of the faster processor, larger screen, etc...
    Perhaps even a Sprint tethering app like the Evo is supposed to have.
    I hope for the rebirth of palm, but I also hope palm learned and improved their hardware!!!!!

and also for gods sakes release the phone using the gpu not just in gaming but also in the os. and update the pre and pixi to use theirs to!!!!! i want speed speed and more speed.

I'm sure they will release all of their 4g phones with a tethering app, seeing as how there is no limit and it is nearly impossible to go over 5 to begin with...

I don't know about everyone else but when the evo and the pre come out, I am going to wait a month and read both reviews on both phones from users on the forum before I decide which one I want...
    Last edited by jpdaballa; 04/14/2010 at 03:27 AM.
    Treo 700wx > Treo 755p > Treo 800w > IPhone 3g > Treo Pro > Palm Pre
    So, what if they come out with the new device in both 4G and 3G versions for all carriers and totaly dump the Pre? I mean what would happen with this site's name?
    Why can't the mobile device manufactures get that most want a touch screen and a front face QWERTY?
    I think a webos title of some sort would be appropriate..so that would cover all grounds. Pre pixie ,pre n pixie plus and possible htc devices
    4g is relevant to the frequency it will be on and the speeds the data will travel.

"exclusively for 4G" means that those "new" features of the new WebOS will be designed to work optimally at that speed.

Good news.

I hope they do not do a single carrier launch again. No "exclusives" please.. make it available, even if in limited quantities, for GSM and CDMA network 3G and higher around the world, please!
    "The more I learn, the more I realize just how little I really do know!" -Albert Einstein

11. xtn
    Global Posts
    711 Global Posts
    I'm holding out for a 7G device, with metamorphosing keyboard, a terabyte of ram, where the whole thing is implanted into your tooth filling and the only thing you carry in your hand is the paper-thin, roll-up screen.
    Quote Originally Posted by xtn View Post
    I'm holding out for a 7G device, with metamorphosing keyboard, a terabyte of ram, where the whole thing is implanted into your tooth filling and the only thing you carry in your hand is the paper-thin, roll-up screen.
    Is there a pre-order available yet? I've been meaning to get some dental work done and I could prolly just kill two birds with one stone.
    Quote Originally Posted by xtn View Post
    Coming 1st Quarter 2010... From Adobe
  14. dpc
    Global Posts
    439 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by rog47776 View Post
    I mean what would happen with this site's name?
    Hahaha yeah, and weboscentral.net and .com are already taken! Ohnoesss!
    Global Posts
    2,071 Global Posts
    Coming 1st Quarter 2010... From Adobe
    Funny cause they would announce something like that and delay it for 20 years.
    Global Posts
    18 Global Posts
    I love my Pre. I've had so many smart phones I can't remember - I usually end up replacing them after about 6 months to get the "latest and greatest". I do some moding, and I'm happy with it for a few months - then get tired of it and move on.

I can honestly say there isn't much I would change about my current Pre. Thanks to the great community here and webOSInternals group I really love my phone. I'm in IT and constantly have people asking me what phone I would recommend and I always respond with "the Pre is the best phone I've ever had". I still feel this way.

All that being said there are 2 things I would love to see:
    1 - a faster processor (1ghz+)
    - after using the 720 and 800 mhz kernels you get spoiled with how well web os runs on a faster chip
    2 - larger battery
    - if they have to make the form factor a little bigger to get a 1800mah battery in there so be it, but I would like to be able to use my Pre HARD for a whole day without changing batteries (at least batteries are cheap for the Pre!)

I couldn't care less about games or 4G (even though I live near Philly). 3g is fine for browsing general phone internet. The size is great, I like the keyboard, and the screen and camera are very good as well.

WebOS is BY FAR the best mobile OS out there. I enjoy sitting next to someone with an IPhone or Android phone and see how many key presses/screen taps it takes to do something compared to on WebOS. Turing on Wifi on Andriod takes about 5 or 6 I think..

Hopefully Palm will put out something to make the majority of people happy..I know I'll be one of the first in line to buy their new offering!
    Quote Originally Posted by nigfink View Post
    I love my Pre. I've had so many smart phones I can't remember - I usually end up replacing them after about 6 months to get the "latest and greatest". I do some moding, and I'm happy with it for a few months - then get tired of it and move on.

I can honestly say there isn't much I would change about my current Pre. Thanks to the great community here and webOSInternals group I really love my phone. I'm in IT and constantly have people asking me what phone I would recommend and I always respond with "the Pre is the best phone I've ever had". I still feel this way.

All that being said there are 2 things I would love to see:
    1 - a faster processor (1ghz+)
    - after using the 720 and 800 mhz kernels you get spoiled with how well web os runs on a faster chip
    2 - larger battery
    - if they have to make the form factor a little bigger to get a 1800mah battery in there so be it, but I would like to be able to use my Pre HARD for a whole day without changing batteries (at least batteries are cheap for the Pre!)

I couldn't care less about games or 4G (even though I live near Philly). 3g is fine for browsing general phone internet. The size is great, I like the keyboard, and the screen and camera are very good as well.

WebOS is BY FAR the best mobile OS out there. I enjoy sitting next to someone with an IPhone or Android phone and see how many key presses/screen taps it takes to do something compared to on WebOS. Turing on Wifi on Andriod takes about 5 or 6 I think..

Hopefully Palm will put out something to make the majority of people happy..I know I'll be one of the first in line to buy their new offering!

I have the same feelings, you'll have to get there early to be ahead of me.

I hope they stick with the replaceable battery, nice for long hauls...

Sprint Pre- Meta-Doctor 2.1.0 w/Flash

Everything is Amazing & Nobody is Happy, "People with their mobile phones, "uh... oh... it won't..."... GIVE IT A SECOND... IT'S GOING TO SPACE!" Louis C.K.
    Heck, where I'm at I'm not even sure when we'll get 4G. Would love the bigger screen, faster CPU though.
    Global Posts
    506 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Soorma View Post
    Hey, there's the Roteo!
    ...or the worst case of oreo effect that I've ever seen!!!!!
    Global Posts
    447 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by camiller View Post
    Heck, where I'm at I'm not even sure when we'll get 4G.
    I'll take it with a grain of salt, but a Sprint rep told me today that my area will have 4G by the end of the year (Fort Myers, Florida). That would be sweet.
Page 2 of 84 FirstFirst 12345671252 ... LastLast