Page 19 of 84 FirstFirst ... 914151617181920212223242969 ... LastLast
    Your correct there is no excluivity with ATT or Verizon just agreement that they get to carry Palm Phones.. So common sense kind of says if they release a phone it could be on ATT and Verizon but you cant be sure about Sprint. Thats all I am saying. We know that the new HP Phone could possibly be on Verizon and / or ATT but thats all we know. will it be on Sprint 6 months after its released on ATT and Verizon, we have no clue. They could decide to release it on all three at the same time.Alot of ifs and no real answers i guess. All I am really trying to say is no one should assume that it will be Sprint. It can be any of them or all of them.
    Last edited by VaccPalm; 05/30/2010 at 10:28 PM.
    Global Posts
    87 Global Posts
    Perhaps I missed something? What agreement are you referring to? They have agreements to sell the Pre Plus and the Pixi Plus but to the best of my knowledge Palm has made NO agreement with anybody beyond that. I will go as far as to say this: When Palm releases a new device, I GUARANTEE you it will NOT take 6 months to get to Sprint. Do you realize they would likely lose the majority of their customers if they did this? It's just that simple! To make it interesting, IF I am wrong I will give you 100 dollars(paid via paypal) and two tickets to an NBA game of your choice next season! THAT'S how confident I am lol
    If the Knicks get Lebron I will take it LOL.

Look at it this way . what were both saying can happen. We both agree Palm has no future or long term agreement with anyone on a new phone. So it can be with any carrier. Hey I am a Sprint customer for 11 years now and I love Sprint and want a new WEBOS phone , I am just trying to be unbiased. Since Sprint seems to have moved on from palm and into Android as there savior and with Palm now having deals with Verizon and ATT its not "out there" to think that a new WEB OS phone might debut on Verizon and not Sprint who as I posted before called the PRE a faliure which we know did not go over well at Palm.

Again Im just giving a heads up. its a crapp shoot to what carrier would carry it. Its not a lock anymore that it will be Sprint. thats over with. And if that happens you will se alot of pizzed off people who held there upgrades and bypassed phones like the EVO and other phones only to see the newest Palm OS debut on ATT. One of them will be me. I want the new WEB OS phone to be on Sprint. But I also realize that there a really good chance that will not happen.

Alot of Android folks are pizzed off that the best Android phone is coming to Sprint ( evo) and not there networks who carried all these android phones . There not happy. Bet they all said no way that a phone this nice would not come on there network but it didnt ,Sprint got it.

Thats another thing. Sprint is making the EVO its flag ship phone and savior. I cant see them re-visiting the PRE faliure again or promoting a competitor when they are trying to make Android there thing.
    Last edited by VaccPalm; 05/30/2010 at 10:49 PM.
    Global Posts
    87 Global Posts
    Ahh yes, now that we can agree on! I don't t think it's a given where the new device will debut but I'm just saying I can't see a scenario where Sprint would be waiting too long. As far as our little "bet" haha interesting you mention the Knicks since that is the team I work for! In that case, I assume you're a Knicks fan in the NY/NJ area and so I'll hook you up with some tickets anyway!
    Knicks and NY Rangers fan. I follow the Knicks but Love the Rangers. Love Madison Square Garden. I worked in manhattan by the Garden for 20 years. Im not working in Manhattan anymore so I havent gone to a Rangers game in quite a while. Miss being near the Garden , dont miss working in Manhattan. We have no bet as I hope you win. I just think folks should be aware that its no lock that it debuts on Sprint so they dont get too angry if it does not.
    Are we kidding about all this agreement stuff. This is the one area that we should not make any assumption in. Now that HP is going to be on board, does anyone here really think that if HP went to AT&T, V or Sprint and said we would like to have you carry our heavily HP corporate backed products and will not give anyone an exclusivity agreement that any of these carriers would say no to HP? Sure maybe "V" would try to flex the arms a bit but in the end "V" would have to agree with whatever HP says.

So the way we should see it is when HP is ready, and we know that HP is FULLY committed, HP will be with all carriers and will eat up a lot of the other cell phone makers market shares.

Next topic....?
    Sprint: 2-TouchPad 32g, Frank.-Pre-2, Pre-, MiFi & 1-LG Lotus with Xlink tied to home handsets. Backups: 650 & 700wx

HP Please release the CDMA Pre3 phones!
    We want them!!!
    Global Posts
    87 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by VaccPalm View Post
    Knicks and NY Rangers fan. I follow the Knicks but Love the Rangers. Love Madison Square Garden. I worked in manhattan by the Garden for 20 years. Im not working in Manhattan anymore so I havent gone to a Rangers game in quite a while. Miss being near the Garden , dont miss working in Manhattan. We have no bet as I hope you win. I just think folks should be aware that its no lock that it debuts on Sprint so they dont get too angry if it does not.
    Then Rangers tickets it is!
    Global Posts
    87 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Finally Pre View Post
    Are we kidding about all this agreement stuff. This is the one area that we should not make any assumption in. Now that HP is going to be on board, does anyone here really think that if HP went to AT&T, V or Sprint and said we would like to have you carry our heavily HP corporate backed products and will not give anyone an exclusivity agreement that any of these carriers would say no to HP? Sure maybe "V" would try to flex the arms a bit but in the end "V" would have to agree with whatever HP says.

So the way we should see it is when HP is ready, and we know that HP is FULLY committed, HP will be with all carriers and will eat up a lot of the other cell phone makers market shares.

Next topic....?
    I tend to agree with you which is why in my first post on this topic I said IF there is any exclusivity deal. However, I am somewhat inclined to believe that for whatever reason they may still do it. I agree with your point that a company as large as HP doesn't need an exclusivity agreement with anybody but there are other companies/phones that don't need to do so either but they do it anyway.
    Yeah I dont know why they do it. Can you imagine how huge the Iphone would be ( as if its not big enough already) it it was able to come out on ATT , Verizon and Sprint. These phone makers are killing themselves with these exclusive agreements. But it seems its the "in" thing to do . Pre exclsive with Sprint , Iphone with ATT. I guess the success of the Iphone with its exclusive with ATT made that the kool thing. Also agree with ya Finally Pre that HP is big enough that they dont need a exclusive deal but they might follow the trend and do it. That is another thing that will hurt. A phone like the PRE needed to be on every carrier , accesible to all. The follow up by HP needs every chance it can get. An exclusive deal would be counter productive.

I will add I wish every conversation on here was as good as this one. No name calling or flaming, just folks giving there opinions which is what these forums are meant for.
    Quote Originally Posted by prince201 View Post
    I tend to agree with you which is why in my first post on this topic I said IF there is any exclusivity deal. However, I am somewhat inclined to believe that for whatever reason they may still do it. I agree with your point that a company as large as HP doesn't need an exclusivity agreement with anybody but there are other companies/phones that don't need to do so either but they do it anyway.
    Apple did it with AT&T to get a 100% push out of AT&T with their introduction into the cell phone market. Also Apple recieved a cut from the user plans. It was a briliant move for Apple.
    HP should be different. HP is larger then Apple in the corparate marrket and the carriers have the biggest profits from the corprate contracts. Think of HP mainframes and desktops then think of the BB phones. Most corprorations know Palm very well. If HP integrates the computers and phones with cross communication the game will change.

Think of it this way. Lets say you owned XYZ company and had 1000 employees. And lets also say that 90% of these employees needed to have EASY portable communication with the companies network at all times. Lets say they also need to have easy direct linkup to printers and presentation equipment.

Now a company like HP comes out with a phone that will communicate or link up with all your electronics with simple software/hardware upgrades. Any issues will be handled by your same computer staff and HP rep. You only need to deal with one company for most of your needs.

AT&T, V and Sprint all know this.
    Would there be any reason why HP would limit themselves knowing that if the product is marketed right sales will boom? Or why would the carriers say they would not carry Palm/HP products without exclusivity? The money lost by a carrier for not being a part of this would be a bad move.

HP has played this game for a long time. Is there any large computer place (brick or online) you can go to for the personal or corporate user that you do not find HP products?
    Sprint: 2-TouchPad 32g, Frank.-Pre-2, Pre-, MiFi & 1-LG Lotus with Xlink tied to home handsets. Backups: 650 & 700wx

We want them!!!
    Global Posts
    87 Global Posts
    Couldn't agree more, vaccpalm! Grownups behaving like grownups... What a novel concept
    Palm (or HP whatever) should try not to sign any exclusivity conditions with any carriers. They should launch the same device, within the same time range, on as many carriers (national and international) as possible. I know that is a long shot but hey, it would work!

[And haha, I just realized that is where the whole topic started in the first place]
    The Original Owner of the AT&T Pre3
    Global Posts
    87 Global Posts
    Hit the nail right on the head, FinallyPre! I just hope HP/Palm sees it that way so that the platform can really take off. I think the reason for the long exclusive with Sprint for the Pre was due to their long standing relationship and the fact that they were the only ones who would support Palm at the time. I don't think that will be the case anymore with HP backing Palm.
    You would think thats the most logical thing but its not always how these companys work. Hopefully we dont have to wait too long for HP's plans with palm and to see if this C40 is real . AS I said in a few other thread I am trying thr EVO friday but keeping my Pre and will be back when HP has a new WEB OS phone. C40? Guess we can get back to the C40 as I take blame for driving this thread off course with the carrier agreements stuff. Back to the mythical C40 . The phone equivlent of the Unicorn. Hope everyone has a great Memorial Day tomorrow.
    Here's a thought for ya'. HP goes to IBM, Kodak, Xerox, Hospitals, local governments etc and shows a new 4g (long range) device that will communicate seamlessly with their networks. Now they go to Sprint and sign an exclusivity agreement for this new 4G device for 1 year. Meaning they will now work with LTE. But will have a 3g version with other carriers. In return HP wants Sprint to install Clear in these markets at a faster rate. Sprint says they can't get enough money from the others in the group to install the infrastructure fast enough. HP in turn joins Clear Group. Result, Clear (4G - WiMax ) explodes and Palm sales go out of orbit.

Maybe a dream but you never know

We want them!!!
    Hi all,

I am just wondering if Palm signed a deal, with any of the cell providers giving them rights to the next gen phone, when they signed up with the pre.

For example: Did they give Sprint exclusive rights for the Pre & pre II (or what ever it will be called), or was it just for the Pre?????

I do have to laugh, that Sprint is saying they would love the Iphone. Sure, after Apple/At&T did all of the work. The Pre would have worked to if Sprint had trained it's employees and never had or dumped the scary lady ads!

Take care, Jay
    Please Support Research into Fibromyalgia, Chronic Pain and Spinal Injuries. If You Suffer from These, Consider Joining or Better Yet Forming a Support Group. No One Should Suffer from the Burden of Chronic Pain, Jay M. S. Founder, Leesburg Fibromyalgia/Resources Group
    I hope Palm did not. Yet there may be a legal loophole for HP to void them.

We want them!!!
    Quote Originally Posted by Finally Pre View Post
    I hope Palm did not. Yet there may be a legal loophole for HP to void them.
    HI,

Only time will tell. I am chomping at the bit, b/c I still have a Centro, which my 2 year contract ends this Oct. So I did not even get to own a Pre and now we are talking about the next gen Pre!

Take care, Jay
    Please Support Research into Fibromyalgia, Chronic Pain and Spinal Injuries. If You Suffer from These, Consider Joining or Better Yet Forming a Support Group. No One Should Suffer from the Burden of Chronic Pain, Jay M. S. Founder, Leesburg Fibromyalgia/Resources Group
    ok I picked up nice $40 Pre case for $10 at da Shack.

If there is a future of the Pre why are they wholesale deleting everything PALM?
    Quote Originally Posted by ilovedessert View Post
    HI,

Only time will tell. I am chomping at the bit, b/c I still have a Centro, which my 2 year contract ends this Oct. So I did not even get to own a Pre and now we are talking about the next gen Pre!

Take care, Jay
    That's why I suggested to you a month ago to hold out. If you need a new phone now get the Pre. If you can wait it may only be a few mos. After all, HP is not spending all this money with hopes of dumping Palm and the software.

We hope.
    Time.... time do we have enough time?

We want them!!!