Page 17 of 84 FirstFirst ... 712131415161718192021222767 ... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Gaurav View Post
    Jay, I would wager HPalm will come out with a new phone (that is not the Preplus) by October of this year. If they don't then they would be in serious trouble imo...
    HI

That works for me.

Thanks a million, take care, Jay
    Please Support Research into Fibromyalgia, Chronic Pain and Spinal Injuries. If You Suffer from These, Consider Joining or Better Yet Forming a Support Group. No One Should Suffer from the Burden of Chronic Pain, Jay M. S. Founder, Leesburg Fibromyalgia/Resources Group
    The upgrade is 2 years for a new phone not 1 year UNLESS you qualify for Premier status. I believe premier status is having a plan that is over acertain amount of money for like 6 months . I think the amount is $99. ??. You have 30 days with sprint to change the phone if not happy otherwise you are stuck with it for 2 years. Unless you want to pay full price.

Far as I know ( only what I read and talking to sprint employees) the Palm Pre Plus is not coming to sprint (unless theres some new news I am missing) But yes a new HP webos phone should be here , my guess is early next year.

Quote Originally Posted by ilovedessert View Post
    HI all,

I have two questions for all of you.

Please keep in mind:

I am still with V and have to stay with them until Oct, when my Centro's two year contract ends, (I am secondary on my fantastic g/f's bill). I will then change to Sprint with a 1 year contract, (will be primary on the bill, so I get a 1 year contract).

By that time the Pre plus or what ever it is called will be out. Therefore, I sign with Sprint, get a Pre Plus, (in mid October). Then they come out with the C40, before my year is up, with Sprint and the Pre Plus.

Don't they have some kind of satisfaction program, that lets you change to a newer phone before the year is up? Or will they punish me for upgrading to the C40, if the C40 is not the phone that will be issued approximately on the first year anniversary of the Pre, (which is approximately June 2010) ?

Thanks as always, Take care,

Jay
    Quote Originally Posted by VaccPalm View Post
    The upgrade is 2 years for a new phone not 1 year UNLESS you qualify for Premier status. I believe premier status is having a plan that is over acertain amount of money for like 6 months . I think the amount is $99. ??. You have 30 days with sprint to change the phone if not happy otherwise you are stuck with it for 2 years. Unless you want to pay full price.

Far as I know ( only what I read and talking to sprint employees) the Palm Pre Plus is not coming to sprint (unless theres some new news I am missing) But yes a new HP webos phone should be here , my guess is early next year.
    Hi & Thank you all. BY the time I am ready to get a phone, we may know when the next gen Pre or what ever they call will be out. I can always stay month to month with my Centro, until the new pre arrives at Sprint!

I may be wrong, but I thought Premier status on Sprint is $69, which will be $79 if the next gen Pre is 4G!

Take care, Jay

Take care, Jay
    Please Support Research into Fibromyalgia, Chronic Pain and Spinal Injuries. If You Suffer from These, Consider Joining or Better Yet Forming a Support Group. No One Should Suffer from the Burden of Chronic Pain, Jay M. S. Founder, Leesburg Fibromyalgia/Resources Group
    Yes you are correct the $99 was for a family plan .I just look it up it is " an account in good standing , a individual plan of $69 or Family plan of $99 OR a customer for 10 years.
    Thank you! take care, Jay
    again please people I hope everyone is thinking logically as I am. Palm is buisness as usual and was already working fast and furious on new devices in their pipline. We all know once HP merges on 07/31 there wont be anything new prob until 2011 (unless that tablet is being produced with the new phone as we speak). As stated above Palm needs to atleast release something for the fall season, just to keep current sprint customers with Web OS. Even with the EVO coming out, with no new webos device from Palm, the pre fans on sprint will most likely jump to another phone. I'm confident that they will by october, it really would not be a good business idea for them not to for HP and Palm. Even with our insider stated recently that HP is helping Palm out on the new device even before the aquisition (which is far fetched but possiable) they have something coming for sprint this year and its not the plus version.
    I seriously doubt that they don't have a phone, or two, ready to go this summer/early fall. If they don't have phones ready, management should be fired.
    HI,

I am sure this is one that will be out shortly. I think it will be on or about the 1st anniversary of the original Pre on Sprint.

For one thing, I know that Palm is/was seriously overstocked on Pre and/or Pre Plus. However, they have them on fire day sale pricing, as little as completely free....makes me think they are clearing the decks...out with the old and in with the new...

take care, Jay
    Palm is not stupid. If the consumers know that a new product is due, the management can also figure it out! Jon Rubinstein is not the type to just sit around!
    The Original Owner of the AT&T Pre3
    Quote Originally Posted by Soorma View Post
    Palm is not stupid. If the consumers know that a new product is due, the management can also figure it out! Jon Rubinstein is not the type to just sit around!
    hi, Your 100% right! take care, Jay
    That C40 has been in Sprint's database for almost a full year now!

This is not some new discovery!

Rob
    Robert L
    Astoria Queens, N.Y.C
    - Palm Pre (Sprint) - formally Palm Treo 650
    Version 1.4.1.1
    Sprint Configuration 2.3
    Model: P100EWW
    Hardware Version: A
    Firmware: CC1.4(510)

Quote Originally Posted by rlanza1054 View Post
    That C40 has been in Sprint's database for almost a full year now!

This is not some new discovery!

Rob
    Ture...it just seems to be taking forever to discover exactly what C40 is!

BTW I lived in Flushing, so not to far from you, until the day after my 38th B'day, all those years in the same house. That was almost 17 years ago!

Take care, Jay
    I strongly feel the c40 wil be announced soon. It's been over a year since the pre. There is no way that they haven't been working on something in that time.
    just to clarify you can switch phones at any time on a sprint plan. If you have had your current phone less than a year you get no discount. From 12 months to 22 months you get a $75 discount. At 22 months you get a $150 discount.
    Hi, thank you that is what I wanted to know Take care, Jay
    Quote Originally Posted by modeerf View Post
    just to clarify you can switch phones at any time on a sprint plan. If you have had your current phone less than a year you get no discount. From 12 months to 22 months you get a $75 discount. At 22 months you get a $150 discount.
    Unless you are a Premier Customer, in which case you get a $150 discount at 12 months.

I, too, am curious about C40 or whatever will be next, but am very happy with my Pre in the meantime.
    Blaize, Mistress of Verbosity

Be nice until it's time to not be nice.--Dalton, "Roadhouse"
    Global Posts
    211 Global Posts
    without any leaks out about a new phone, october would seem way too soon.
    Please press the THANKS button if you like my posts.
    Quote Originally Posted by samid View Post
    without any leaks out about a new phone, october would seem way too soon.
    phones can be made in 6 months.. That's from start to finish.. Considering palm has been planning what they want to do next for a while, and have probably played with tones of prototypes, i can see this happening. John has stated that they are working on a new phone. With 4 months left, i can see this happening.
    Global Posts
    752 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by nimer55 View Post
    phones can be made in 6 months.. That's from start to finish..
    lol, I think Sony Ericsson missed that memo..
    Quote Originally Posted by bruba View Post
    lol, I think Sony Ericsson missed that memo..
    I think everyone missed that memo. The FCC certification process alone takes 4-8 weeks and must be performed on the final version of the device. Using nimer55's timeline, that gives the manufacturer 3-4 months to design, build a prototype, test it, field test it, fix it, test it some more. Then send it to the FCC for 1-2 months. Then spin up the factory, build it, box it, ship it, advertise it, sell it in under a month. I'll assume the wirelees provider works in parallel with the manufacturer in the testing phase to put in its branding software just to keep the timeline down - but this normally doesn't happen. Six months is an absurd guess at a timeline for anything beyond a minor update (Pre to Pre+ for example) where FCC certification is a bit more boilerplate.

Remember a phone called the Pre? It was well into its second (or more) round of testing when it was announced in Jan 09 and when it released 5 months later on 6 June, there were still significant logistical and hardware problems with the phone (notice I didn't also mention WebOS here - presumably a next-generation HP phone won't need to recreate the OS). Six months soup-to-nuts for a new phone? No way. Oct 09 for a new Palm? Certainly possible assuming Palm's had a phone in the works since last December or so.