Page 16 of 84 FirstFirst ... 611121314151617181920212666 ... LastLast
    I am sure the C40 was their final 'hail mary' and the tablet was like the German's WWII 'secret weapon' ... cool/ahead of its time but too late

HP probably walked in - said "let me see your play book" -
    "wow, like the Hail Mary - 10% chance of working, but guess what Hoss - it's only half time!"

"Lets regroup and turn the Hail Mary into something better ..."(October release)

Either that or there are contract/release formalities (AT&T) that are forcing them to keep quiet. They need friends in carrier world.
    Just checked, ATT and Verizon Palms are there - the nationwide inventory on the Sprints appeared very sparse in the last few weeks.

hmmmm
    I agree very much that the C40 could have been planned but when HP bought Palm out, Palm went back to make whatever the C40 was, better. All the people that loved webos will jump back on board if they goto the EVO once a much improved Palm phone comes out.
    Hi all,

I hope it is true. In Oct, at long last I can get rid of my Centro, which I love, but 2 years is enough.

Let's hope that Sprint employees get a great deal of training from Palm/HP!
    Take care, Jay
    Please Support Research into Fibromyalgia, Chronic Pain and Spinal Injuries. If You Suffer from These, Consider Joining or Better Yet Forming a Support Group. No One Should Suffer from the Burden of Chronic Pain, Jay M. S. Founder, Leesburg Fibromyalgia/Resources Group
    Hey let me tell you the Centro was a GREAT phone. I actually would rather use the Centro instead of my PRE half the time. The Centro was my favorite phone ever. Was awesome. Ofcourse I also like to multi task and WEBOS is the best at that so I did not go back to the Centro when i got tired of the PRE issues.
    Quote Originally Posted by VaccPalm View Post
    Hey let me tell you the Centro was a GREAT phone. I actually would rather use the Centro instead of my PRE half the time. The Centro was my favorite phone ever. Was awesome. Ofcourse I also like to multi task and WEBOS is the best at that so I did not go back to the Centro when i got tired of the PRE issues.
    Hi,

It's not that I do not like my Centro, however, it is so slow to go on line with. It's time for out with the old and in with the new. The C40 will be my
    5th Palm phone, (Treo 300, 600, 650 & Centro) and also my 1st without a stylus, (that will take some getting used to).

Take care,

Jay
    Please Support Research into Fibromyalgia, Chronic Pain and Spinal Injuries. If You Suffer from These, Consider Joining or Better Yet Forming a Support Group. No One Should Suffer from the Burden of Chronic Pain, Jay M. S. Founder, Leesburg Fibromyalgia/Resources Group
    Global Posts
    666 Global Posts
    Sigh...C40. O where art thou C40?
    for every new phone that sprint gets the employees have to take a course on the computer just to be updated
    Quote Originally Posted by tankgio View Post
    for every new phone that sprint gets the employees have to take a course on the computer just to be updated
    Hi, from what I gather, that didn't work very well for the Pre and the Sprint employees! Take care, Jay
    This is exactly what Palm nds for an ad - just make c40 - c40 and shape the phone like a grenade with Duke pulling the pin with his teeth
    I just got my son a Centro as his first phone. And I could have gotten a Pre or Pixi instead ( he wanted a pixi) . Thats how much i love the Centro. (though the woman in sprint was like "What is a centro" ..she found a green one in the back) I actually still have mine. I could have gave it to my son but I keep it as my backup incase my pre breaks. I always have a back up phone. If I decide to stick with Android after next week when i am trying the EVO I may just give him my Pre. I still want the Centro as my backup. Its that solid a phone. Better phone then the Pre in my opinion. Forget the C40 , wheres the Centro 2 .

Quote Originally Posted by ilovedessert View Post
    Hi,

It's not that I do not like my Centro, however, it is so slow to go on line with. It's time for out with the old and in with the new. The C40 will be my
    5th Palm phone, (Treo 300, 600, 650 & Centro) and also my 1st without a stylus, (that will take some getting used to).

Take care,

Jay
    HI, I also keep my newest of the old phones for a spare. Any others I donate. Take it easy, Jay
    why doesn't everyone go to there nearest sprint store and ask about any new palm devices coming out and see what they say?
    Quote Originally Posted by juavez707 View Post
    why doesn't everyone go to there nearest sprint store and ask about any new palm devices coming out and see what they say?
    Great Idea,, Take care, Jay
    i doubt sprint employees know that much... We have a bunch of employees on these forums, and would have heard something by now.
    Hi, We can only hope someone out there has so info. Take care, Jay
    Quote Originally Posted by VaccPalm View Post
    Forget the C40 , wheres the Centro 2 .
    It's called the Pixi.
    Palm Vx -> Treo 600 -> Treo 700p -> Centro -> Pre (Launch Phone 06/06/09) -> AT&T Pre Plus with Sprint EVDO swap -> Samsung Epic 4G w/ Froyo
    HI all,

I have two questions for all of you.

Please keep in mind:

I am still with V and have to stay with them until Oct, when my Centro's two year contract ends, (I am secondary on my fantastic g/f's bill). I will then change to Sprint with a 1 year contract, (will be primary on the bill, so I get a 1 year contract).

By that time the Pre plus or what ever it is called will be out. Therefore, I sign with Sprint, get a Pre Plus, (in mid October). Then they come out with the C40, before my year is up, with Sprint and the Pre Plus.

Don't they have some kind of satisfaction program, that lets you change to a newer phone before the year is up? Or will they punish me for upgrading to the C40, if the C40 is not the phone that will be issued approximately on the first year anniversary of the Pre, (which is approximately June 2010) ?

Thanks as always, Take care,

Jay
    Quote Originally Posted by ilovedessert View Post
    HI all,

I have two questions for all of you.

Please keep in mind:

I am still with V and have to stay with them until Oct, when my Centro's two year contract ends, (I am secondary on my fantastic g/f's bill). I will then change to Sprint with a 1 year contract, (will be primary on the bill, so I get a 1 year contract).

By that time the Pre plus or what ever it is called will be out. Therefore, I sign with Sprint, get a Pre Plus, (in mid October). Then they come out with the C40, before my year is up, with Sprint and the Pre Plus.

Don't they have some kind of satisfaction program, that lets you change to a newer phone before the year is up? Or will they punish me for upgrading to the C40, if the C40 is not the phone that will be issued approximately on the first year anniversary of the Pre, (which is approximately June 2010) ?

Thanks as always, Take care,

Jay
    Jay, I would wager HPalm will come out with a new phone (that is not the Preplus) by October of this year. If they don't then they would be in serious trouble imo...

Current device: Palm Pre
    Device graveyard: Palm Vx, Cassiopeia E100, LG Phenom HPC, Palm M515, Treo 300, Treo 600, Treo 650, Treo 700p, Axim X50v, Treo 800w

Please don't PM me about my avatar. For more info go here.

Restore your Pre to factory settings using webos doctor and follow these instructions