Page 15 of 84 FirstFirst ... 510111213141516171819202565 ... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by tankgio View Post
    sprint workers are being trained on the palm pre plus
    trained how? unless i am terribly mistaken/technologically uninclined, its the same exact OS modded for different carriers... i highly, ill even say it cant be the + version... just doesnt seem possible in the least
    Global Posts
    211 Global Posts
    what sad news this is.
    Quote Originally Posted by samid View Post
    what sad news this is.
    haha, tell me about it...

Original palm plan: (wait that sounds like a phone, i did not do this on purpose) Palms original plan: Ship the pluses to sprint , and start selling them.

One week later, palm gets a phone call: Hello, this is John, sprints device training manager.
    Hello John.
    Hi, yea, our employees are to confused about this device. The button is no longer their, and our employees can't figure out how to use up that extra storage. To make things worst the keyboard, and build quality have improved, making it significantly harder to bash the phone. We are going to have to push the launch back 3 months until we can get our employes trained.

Either that, or palm felt sprint employees weren't trained enough to begging with and wanted to also update them on all the new software updates, but the explanation above is funnier, well atleast in my head.
    Last edited by nimer55; 05/26/2010 at 12:30 AM.
    palm pre = 8gb storage and 256 mb of ram; has button in front of screen
    palm pre plus = 16 gb storage and 512 mb of ram; no button

how ru gonna train for this?
    Juan

2010-2011 Champions!

and official 800 mghz chip with OS1.5/Flash and a micro SD

should be enough to tide the faithful over until the hpULTRA is released in October.
    Many of us have wondered what this C40 could be about and I being one of the big posters. It has even made the front page of this site. But what if there is no such phone. What if the C40 was put on Sprint's computer system as a spoof. Maybe it was put there to keep people talking about Sprint and Palm. That's all, nothing more.

However, I believe that we here at P.C. have put a phone to the name. If the phone never did exist, I hope Palm will use many of our thoughts, hopes and dreams and bring out a phone called the C40 or better yet name it the Palm PC4G for PreCentral 4G.
    Sprint: 2-TouchPad 32g, Frank.-Pre-2, Pre-, MiFi & 1-LG Lotus with Xlink tied to home handsets. Backups: 650 & 700wx

HP Please release the CDMA Pre3 phones!
    We want them!!!
    I would love if palm called it the c40. It's kinda nostalgic for me, and it would be like precentrals little inside joke.
    While I think a new WEB OS phone will be here mid 2011 I dont believe the C40 exist. I mean how long do we go through this long ( since last year) with no sneaked pics etc. Reminds me of the Centro 2 that was coming ( was supposed to be in Sprints system etc).
    Mid 2011? That would be suicide.
    Palm Vx -> Treo 600 -> Treo 700p -> Centro -> Pre (Launch Phone 06/06/09) -> AT&T Pre Plus with Sprint EVDO swap -> Samsung Epic 4G w/ Froyo
    yeah seriously, if that was their business plan - even the ballsiest CEO would have put themselves up for sale sooner.
    There's no way that could be true they have to be getting close to releasing a new device. Unless HP decided to scrap it for whatever reason they will release a new device this year. Ruby would have to be a complete moron to think that the pre and pre+ and pixie would hold them over till next year, I really don't think he's that stupid.
    Mid 2011 was just my opinion not any insider info. Usualyl we hear about phones a month or two before they annouce it and then its 4-6 months before we see anything. Rememeber the PRE. We started to ehar about it in nov 2008 and we finally saw it June 2009. 7-8 months later but it appears in my opinion that HP is more concerned about Slates ( even thought they just said they will not have one for later this year). Again just my opinion but I can see HP announcing the new HP Pre 2 like October-Nov and a relaeasr date like Feb-March 2011 ish. Again just my opinion but I do not expect this phone to compete with the EVO and Iphone. I just expect something like pre Plus Plus . Extra memory, better camera etc.
    wow I'm sure glad you're not in charge at palm. Also remember that the pre had to be announced to get people excited about palm again, because if they didn't, palm wouldn't exist anymore. They announced it and then they had to finish it and that is why it took so long. I expect they have put in extra effort not to have anything leaked to help the pre plus launch on Att, then once they announce the new pre, it will most likely be released 1-2 months later. And it's still possible to have a slate type device later this hear. The CTO could have just been saying that the "slate" will not be running webos. Again you're free to share your opinion, I just think you're way off on your facts. And it better compete with the EVO and iphone
    Quote Originally Posted by VaccPalm View Post
    Mid 2011 was just my opinion not any insider info. Usualyl we hear about phones a month or two before they annouce it and then its 4-6 months before we see anything. Rememeber the PRE. We started to ehar about it in nov 2008 and we finally saw it June 2009. 7-8 months later but it appears in my opinion that HP is more concerned about Slates ( even thought they just said they will not have one for later this year). Again just my opinion but I can see HP announcing the new HP Pre 2 like October-Nov and a relaeasr date like Feb-March 2011 ish. Again just my opinion but I do not expect this phone to compete with the EVO and Iphone. I just expect something like pre Plus Plus . Extra memory, better camera etc.
    You may be right but I think they are just waiting for the right time to announce a new device. I hope they listened to the people and made a few changes for the better also. My opinion is we won't hear anything until the deal with HP is done.
    You dont think HP / Palm need some excitment now that they are practially a joke in the cell phone market and WEB OS was a utter faliure. No matter how much we love WEB OS , the PRE was a big faliure sales wise. They were in better shape then before they released the PRE, the Centro was a moderate success. But again its my opinion. BUT I will add as a Palm user for a decade I wish they would release a WEB OS phone that competes with the EVo and Iphone . Fingers Crossed.

For full disclosure I am getting a EVO next week. Just trying it for a month. My PRE is going no where for now. If I like Android then maybe I keep it otherwise its back to the PRE in 30 days. I love WEBOS , I just cant wait any longer for a better phone. My Pre has alot of issues.
    Last edited by VaccPalm; 05/26/2010 at 06:14 PM.
    I wouldn't say that webos was a failure, marketing was a failure. No one knew about the phone and because the product was probably rushed, a lot of problems at the beginning hampered sales until today. Now with HP, I don't think they are in worse shape, much much better in fact. I see a new phone/device coming out every few months once the deal is finalized.
    Look at the android G1, that was a first generation device that was terrible and it just took a little while for android to take off. I believe the same thing will happen with web os.
    Quote Originally Posted by xylos555 View Post
    In a sprint corporate store today, guy at counter said that the C40 is is their system with a SKU for testing and that usually means the phone is coming out soon. He wouldn't say how soon, but he did say not very long. (BTW he is same guy who showed me a pixi 1 week before the release date, so I believe him).
    When I was in a Radio Shack store recently, one of the guys working there said that Palm was coming out with a new phone soon.
    I was at the Barber the other day and they were talking about a previous days customer who mentioned an un-named source who's neighbor once dated someone who had once read a story about Palm. Anyway, they said that according to that person's daughter who goes to school with the janitor of a building in the same zip code as Palm's ink supplier's CEO's ex wife, the C40 is real and will be announced on June 8th as a new device with some capabilities that are years ahead of the phone's Palm released before the treo's.
    You are absolutley right, I did not mean to say WEB OS was a faliure . WEB OS was a succesfull OS , the PRE and Palm were faliures. I blame Palm more then marleting as the phone was badly built. The phone was marketed a bit. Big paries. Lines ( I was on a line from 3am about 20 people) but after returnign phone after phone, software issues, hardware issues. it just did bad. Updates made things worse ( atleast for my phone. I never had a Too Many Cards issue until the 2nd update, now I get it every day)

Quote Originally Posted by drewton540 View Post
    I wouldn't say that webos was a failure, marketing was a failure. No one knew about the phone and because the product was probably rushed, a lot of problems at the beginning hampered sales until today. Now with HP, I don't think they are in worse shape, much much better in fact. I see a new phone/device coming out every few months once the deal is finalized.
    Look at the android G1, that was a first generation device that was terrible and it just took a little while for android to take off. I believe the same thing will happen with web os.
    omg please go argue with eachother on another thread this is for palm c40 info only! damm people!