Page 14 of 84 FirstFirst ... 49101112131415161718192464 ... LastLast
    Global Posts
    79 Global Posts
    Just my two cents, but some of the readers who are eager to move on to EVO I think will miss an opportunity for HPALM make things right. Sure, most of us pre owners ended up being beta software and alpha hardware testers, haha, but hey, WebOS did progress nicely, not as fast when compared to the 50 billion+ (cash reserve) apple. But come one, the evo has a recycle screen from HD2, with 65k color, and running on android, which is not my cup of tea. Don't get me wrong, but I like how google is pushing apple, and making it a level playing field. But it makes Palm work that much harder to gain market share.

I like to think of it this way, I had my shortfalls with palm and sprint, but that's life, had the same **** from tmobile, verizion, and att. I have one more year on my contract, why not wait, go out and do some summer events, take a gadget recess if you will until fall, when HPalm will most likely announce some fun toys (most likely a tablet), and around CES, I am sure some new phone with a 1.5 Ghz chip will power the next palm device. By that time, your contract with sprint would've been up or close to being up, and palm devices would be in steeper discounts in amazon/wirefly/corp accounts. Now, you will more options!

So, I am going to take some time, and chill, and hope HP will "double down" on webOS. I am sure something exciting will come up with their quarterly reports!

Just my two cents.
    all this talk about the evo... I don't care about it. I had an android phone and android is f'd up and ugly. It's one big blocky black and white menu after another. Sure it was super fast but I didn't even use it as much because the user experience sucked. I had to buy another pre on ebay. And oh god their app cataloge is a joke. I will wait as long as it takes for the C40 now. An evo is just another android phone.
    My opinion is Palm / HP needs to get something out. The longer they wait the quicker they become irrelevent. This paragraph is a perfect explanation of what I mean. From this article about HP and Web OS. HP Needs to say something before the EVO and Iphone are released.

HP buys Palm for bigger piece of smartphone pie

iven the pace of technical evolution among top smartphone competitors like Apple Inc. and Research In Motion Ltd., HP must quickly bring to market follow-ups to Pre and Pixi devices and updates to the webOS operating system, before the market leaves Palm in its dust, said Carmi Levy, an independent technology analyst.

"HP knows it's playing a game of catch up right now and the clock is ticking before everyone goes home and forgets they even exist. It's a tall order," Mr. Levy said.

Read more: HP buys Palm for bigger piece of smartphone pie
    Rumors have HTC building a Windows Phone 7 phone with a 1.3GHz Snapdragon...so we are already starting to see a move past the "normal" 1GHz processors.

now, i havent had a chance to play around with a 1GHz phone but do you think the new phone really needs more than 1GHz? i hear even patching your Pre to 800MHz makes it fly.
    Global Posts
    289 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Riboflavin View Post
    now, i havent had a chance to play around with a 1GHz phone but do you think the new phone really needs more than 1GHz? i hear even patching your Pre to 800MHz makes it fly.
    Seriously? They could have just stopped with the original iphone by this thinking. Why do people always ask this. Of course we don't "need" faster, but it'll be a heck of a lot better. Unless it destroys batteries that is. But CPU scaling should deal with that hopefully.
    How about you guys quit bickering and take that discussion to a PM?? I get real tired of seeing this thread get bumped hoping for some new C40 news and just some lame arguing or comments instead..
    Okay, just got a reply back from Jackson.

Jackson: Dude, HP is doing major things we'll see what happens.

So, HP is already stepping in? The phone was said to be a beast already, so what "major things" could HP be doing? I just hope they do it within a good time range so Palm can get back in the competition.
    The Original Owner of the AT&T Pre3
    I would stop reffering to these devices as phones. To me they are computers with the ability to make phone call. If you look at the EVO4G this is a computer in my book. If someone would have told you this would be possible ten years ago, you would have sent him right to the mental institution...
    Quote Originally Posted by Soorma View Post
    Okay, just got a reply back from Jackson.

So, HP is already stepping in? The phone was said to be a beast already, so what "major things" could HP be doing? I just hope they do it within a good time range so Palm can get back in the competition.
    any news is always good news, but I hope we get some solid information soon, like definite specs, and time frame of a release date. Better yet a pic or a video. We appreciate you getting the information though keep us posted please.
    Quote Originally Posted by wellwellwell11 View Post
    any news is always good news, but I hope we get some solid information soon, like definite specs, and time frame of a release date. Better yet a pic or a video. We appreciate you getting the information though keep us posted please.
    I would love to get those kind of details too but until then, we are going to have to wait. I just hope not for too long.
    The Original Owner of the AT&T Pre3
    hmmm.. This is really weird. Hp stepping in before even having bought palm.. I guess it makes sense for both of them...

Heres the deal: You do what we say, and if we don't end up owning you, then you get access to cheaper manufacturing cost. If we do end up buying you, well we'd be doing this anyways...

Kinda of a win-win for palm.

Either some of these sources are wrong (not just jasons, all the stuff on the net), or hp is taking this 1.2 billion dollars really seriously. I've said it before, and i'll say it again. The only thing that scares me is hp trying to copy the ipad's success, and not try something new. I wonder who'll pick-up the Microsoft courier guy who left. While i'm not a huge zune, or windows mobile 7 fan he's really creative. And mix about 20 percent of the courier, with 80 percent of a web-os tablet and you got one heck of a device.

awesome. I wish jackson would join these forums. I'm so anxious to see what this c40 Is all about.
    Yeah maybe HP will help Palm with manufacturing to improve build quality.
    Palm Vx -> Treo 600 -> Treo 700p -> Centro -> Pre (Launch Phone 06/06/09) -> AT&T Pre Plus with Sprint EVDO swap -> Samsung Epic 4G w/ Froyo
    The ATT choice by Palm was a horrible decision. Who, on ATT, would buy a Pre? They are either people addicted to their CrackBerry Bold or Apple ******* who love their iPhone. They should have launched it on Verizon 3 months earlier and kept it at that (in terms of US carriers). Now, they need to bring out the Pre2. Android really has no appeal to me, and the Evo looks horrid. Too big, and the 4G plus the 4.3in screen probably doesn't last too long on batter life. I will be willing to keep my Pixi for a little longer, as long as they push the updates. I really want a pre2.
    The C40 is the palm pre plus sprint is getting the plus
    Quote Originally Posted by tankgio View Post
    The C40 is the palm pre plus sprint is getting the plus
    not correct
    yeah c40 is not the pre plus I'll bet my left nut on it
    Yeah I thought it was an updated pixi. This C40 sounds as real as the Centro 2. I rememeber all the Centro 2 threads. its in the wild, pics leaking out , turns out it was never real.
    sprint workers are being trained on the palm pre plus
    I don't get it. Or is this just kind of to remind them that the device is still in their inventory and they should try to sell it to people who don't need monster gaming bricks?

Explain more please