Page 13 of 84 FirstFirst ... 3891011121314151617182363 ... LastLast
    you are so rite in every way thanks for saying that. Why would palm come out with the same phone? O it's a plus .. FAIL

Quote Originally Posted by estebancam View Post
    Its not shooting their carriers in the foot, its shooting themselves! Why is it, that after a year and a half, they still have the same device coming out on different carriers? Makes no business sense to me. They should have concentrated on a new device after Verizon's launch. There is a reason why Pre Plus didn't sell, it's because the device next to it was better, worked faster, and was newer. I mean, put a Pre plus next to a Droid or an Incredible... its over. Most people are not tech savvy and won't care about what OS the phone uses, most people care about which looks better and which works faster, and as much as I love webOS, it does not perform as well as Android. It is laggy. Slow.

I gave Palm one year to just announce a new device... all they have announced is the ATT pre plus. If Palm can say "we are having an all new device coming out in August" then I would stay. Hell maybe even september. I really prefer to stick with webOS, but they are not releasing a new device any time soon.

Yes, I would be slightly itchy if Palm all of a sudden released a new phone in september and I got stuck with the Evo. In that scenario, I would probably just pull out the cash and buy the device outright, if it's good enough. Sell my Evo for a few hundred and buy the Palm. Again, if its good enough.

I'm tired of too many cards, im tired of the lag, im tired of the 8GB limited memory, im tired of the hardware issues. Palm needs a new device. Period. And don't mention that all it takes is a patch to make it faster, because thats not the point. I don't buy things just to see how it will work better after its hacked into. I buy them for their functionality out of the box.
    Idk, I'm with most of the guys who say stick with Palm/HP and ride the tidal wave that is coming. I mean HP is already restructuring their business model and corporate structure to merge Palm's model with their own. HP is just as hyped up with webOS as we are. I think they'll let the AT&T model run for at least 2 months. HP/Palm are on silent mode right now and I think it's because HP is looking to develop what Palm has in it's pipeline. They are sitting behind closed doors working on making webOS flexible for a tabletPC, this is where webOS2.0 is coming from. We already have the notion that 1.5 is coming out by the end of June from what Palm sent its developers. We can assume that Palm is clearing all their inventory due to Pre+ and Pixi+s all over the US and Europe. Given that HP's acquisition is final by end of July, they will likely have worked out the tablet specs and webOS 2.0. Give em 2-3 months head start to purchase remaining hardware (assuming Palm already started ordering hardware for a new Palm handset) and we might hear news about a new Palm phone or tablet dropping by mid-October. Whichever comes first know the other is directly after.

In short, I say an announcement 2 months after iPhone launch and a ship date for mid-October. Palm FTW!!!
    Oh, and to the people who jump ship early...good luck. Just remember how you're gonna keep trying to flick things off the screen and miss that gesture area. I do it everytime I pickup someone else's phone.
    I'm sorry if this has been mentioned already, this thread is 13 pages long and I read a page or so of it every once in awhile.

I just wanted to point out that when the next palm phone comes out, it is likely it will come out on many carriers with a massive ad campaign backed by hp. When the pre came out, palm was forced to do the carrier exclusive deal because they needed a carrier to pay for the ads. Now that webos will have huge backing by hp, it is not unlikely that they will release it on all the major carriers at the same time and have their own ad campaign.
    Global Posts
    22 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by LessbDAchozn1 View Post
    Oh, and to the people who jump ship early...good luck. Just remember how you're gonna keep trying to flick things off the screen and miss that gesture area. I do it everytime I pickup someone else's phone.
    HA! I do that too. Everytime I use my dad's iphone I find myself trying to gesture back a step and get so ****ed off when I have to reach to the top of the screen and hit the little back arrow.

Though I probably will be a "ship jumper" because the Evo sounds too good to pass up. I use the quotes because I don't really think of it as jumping ship. More of a pit stop en route to the next great WebOS phone.
    I am sticking with webOS, And I personally hope the new hardware which is most likely to happen would be novemberish, maybe even decemberish like @thekeithnewmen said on the palmcast. Which works out for me so you guys can beta test the phone for me for 2 months till my 1 year upgrade bonus is available Thanks guys/girls!
    Global Posts
    22 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by bigfire View Post
    We still have likely a month and a half prior to the EVO launching. The problem is many of the sweetest features depend on 4G and that service will be sporadic at best for quite a bit of time. What good is having an ultra hi-def screen if the only decent video you can get is when you take your own movies or take time to upload movies (aka cram your memory to the ceiling). Unless Sprint indicates some enhancements to 'TV' app, it is likely the EVO will be like having a 3D HDTV without anything to play on it.

Don't get me wrong I love getting new gadgets, and have really thought I would plan on jumping as soon as this device comes out, but I'll at least give it a month or two of being on the market...to see if people enjoy what they have, or wish the 4G would be solid in order to actually appreciate the giant cell they now have to take everywhere.

Funny part is they are launching the Pre+ for AT&T shortly, but if I were an AT&T customer, I'd wait till the EVO comes out. Depending on how that is received, and if Palm announces a new device, why buy a Pre at this point? Wait the contract out and go to a different carrier. I don't think Palm will benefit from releasing the phone a year later on a carrier that already has a flagship device with a new rediculous device coming out.....who would take a Palm Pre over an Iphone if they were used to how Iphone works???
    Well I'm not one to buy into rumors (actually I'm a total sucker), but most of the speculation seems to be pointing at a June 6th release which as of your post would be less than a month. I understand that until an official announcement is made, June 6th is as likely as June 31st but still...

I agree that a large part of the draw is the 4G but in my opinion, it's more of a bonus. The biggest draws for me are the screen and the speed. Have you looked at an HD2 in person? The screen blows the Pre away. Tried an Incredible? It is lightning fast. I don't want to come across as a Palm hater because I have absolutely loved my Pre. I am on launch day hardware with no serious complaints and have tried to convert as many friends as possible to the Pre. If Sprint were launching the Evo 4G and the Palm Prevo 4G on the same day, I would take the Prevo all day long and not think twice. It's just hard to be a smartphone geek and not NEED the Evo.

As for your last point, I don't think I could agree with you more. They are releasing a year old phone (with RAM and storage upgrades) on the exclusive carrier for the iphone. How is that a winning proposition? Sure they will sell some phones but all we will hear about for the next few months after is "Pre Plus can't compete with iphone on AT&T" "AT&T salespersons recommend iphone over Pre Plus" "Palm sells Pre Plus at a loss in order to lure potential iphone buyers".

I look forward to a year from now when I will be eligible for an upgrade and the the rumored HP/Palm phone is all anyone can talk about.
    Can you EVO jumpers go be buzzkills in another thread? Every time I see something new here I get excited that it's news from Jackson.
    Palm III - Tungsten E2 - Treo 680 - Palm Pre - Impatiently awaiting a Pre 3!
    Quote Originally Posted by bigfire View Post

Funny part is they are launching the Pre+ for AT&T shortly, but if I were an AT&T customer, I'd wait till the EVO comes out. Depending on how that is received, and if Palm announces a new device, why buy a Pre at this point? Wait the contract out and go to a different carrier. I don't think Palm will benefit from releasing the phone a year later on a carrier that already has a flagship device with a new rediculous device coming out.....who would take a Palm Pre over an Iphone if they were used to how Iphone works???
    Because some of us are on family plans with a network and a member of our family likes their iPhone to much to switch networks. We patiently waited at a chance to get a Pre Plus.
    cant see myself using ANY other phone OS than webos, and as bad as i want a new device right now, i still love my pre, and will wait as long as it takes to get a new device from palm... its like that old saying, patience is a virtue
    Quote Originally Posted by Cyclonic View Post
    Because some of us are on family plans with a network and a member of our family likes their iPhone to much to switch networks. We patiently waited at a chance to get a Pre Plus.
    You do realize that tying yourself to a network is obsolete practice today, right??

You do realize that if you wait for the Pre Plus or Pre 2 (C40?) to be released on Sprint... you'll be able to...

- spend less money
    - get more services
    - including:
    -- unlimited calls to AT+T cell phones
    -- unlimited calls to Verizon cell phones
    -- unlimited calls to T-Mobile cell phones
    -- etcetera
    - another biggie is that you get "new customer pricing" every 12 months instead of every 22 months, like all the other carriers offer

Sprint has too many ways to keep big $$$ in your wallet, but people would rather be tied in ways that they don't want to be tied. What gives? I guess some people are just masochists..??
    Well Well Well what is this?

Jackson says:

"Soorma....Its just that there has been so much going on after HP bought palm. The device has been headed in an entirely new direction I have been told."

And to the non-Jackson-believers, he just got proven right with the announcement of the EVO price and release date. Jackson said all along that something was coming on Wednesday.
    Last edited by Soorma; 05/12/2010 at 08:59 PM.
    The Original Owner of the AT&T Pre3
    Quote Originally Posted by Soorma View Post

Jackson says:

"Soorma....Its just that there has been so much going on after HP bought palm. The device has been headed in an entirely new direction I have been told."

And to the non-Jackson-believers, he just got proven right with the announcement of the EVO price and release date. Jackson said all along that something was coming on Wednesday.
    ask him if they're going with a phone made from a unicorn. I love my pre... (okay... well... webOS), but they're making it difficult to not switch to the EVO. I have a hero as well, hardware's great, but android is a giant clusterf*%k. Only have one line, so if it takes them another year, or even 6 months to crank out some decent new hardware, it's worth it to wait. And I don't even care about 4G...
    Last edited by tjaero; 05/12/2010 at 09:03 PM. Reason: typos
    Quote Originally Posted by grndslm View Post
    You do realize that tying yourself to a network is obsolete practice today, right?? ..... Sprint... you'll be able to...

Sprint has too many ways to keep big $$$ in your wallet, ......
    Sprint would save me a lot of money considering they have very little coverage where I live. They think of our rural area so much they closed their store a few years ago. That would make me feel good about going with them.
    so i assume this is going to delay the phone? UGH. i hope it is moving into something more badass.

Jackson says:

Everyone knew that the Evo launch party was today. Hardly impressive.
    I am happy with my pre. I have had it since launch day. Not one hardware problem. With my patches and themes, this phone is perfect for me. I can wait another year for a new device and still be happy with this one. I don't know why people are complaining about how they expect the pre plus to be a whole new device. So what if it has a couple new add ons, apple has been doing it for years with the iphone.

I can wait for the new pre while I enjoy this one.

Jackson says:

Ask Jackson what the numbers are on the TexasLotto for 05/13/10 its 92 million right now.
    Global Posts
    169 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by JacoVasquez View Post
    Ask Jackson what the numbers are on the TexasLotto for 05/13/10 its 92 million right now.
    LOL
    I am losing my mind at an alarming rate . . . Actually, I'm not really alarmed at all.
    In a sprint corporate store today, guy at counter said that the C40 is is their system with a SKU for testing and that usually means the phone is coming out soon. He wouldn't say how soon, but he did say not very long. (BTW he is same guy who showed me a pixi 1 week before the release date, so I believe him).