1.    #1  
    and was devious to us, how he lied all the way up to the end about Palm going up for sale. Do you feel lied to and cheated, and screwed over big time, or is it just business?
    Quote Originally Posted by iRobot View Post
    and was devious to us, how he lied all the way up to the end about Palm going up for sale. Do you feel lied to and cheated, and screwed over big time, or is it just business?
    Where those his words that palm is going up for sale??? or all options are on the table of which M&A is one?
    I tend to thinks its business as usual, but its just bad business.
    -the dude also said the never used an iphone!
    I don't se where he ever lied.
    Global Posts
    575 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by UntidyGuy View Post
    Perhaps if he had given the iPhone a try once or twice he could have gleaned a thing or two and prevented Palm from becoming the future China National Smartphone Corporation.
    The only thing he needed to learn from the iPhone is how to advertise effectively and maybe to withhold key functionality from the Pre, so as to build up massive demand for that feature before releasing a new device to meet that demand a year down the road.

But back on point...its not lying its just business. Rubinstein never said Palm would not sell just that he believed Palm could go it alone. What the CEO believes isn't necessary the reality of the situation. Keep in mind that a company saying its for sale and then not being able to actually sell the business pretty much kills any chance of the company surviving, let alone the impact it may have on customers and vendors.
    Last edited by solarus; 04/13/2010 at 02:21 PM.
  6. fid
    Global Posts
    43 Global Posts
    Lied or not, it will not matter. There will be lawsuits, I assure you. What did they know, when... and what did they say?

If there's one thing you don't want after you, it is a legal firm that specializes in shareholder lawsuits.

It is brutal.
    Quote Originally Posted by iRobot View Post
    How do you know he has lied about Palm being up for sale?
    I'm sorry, but just exactly where has he indicated that PALM is up for sale?

He did indicate that they were exploring all sorts of opportunites presented; a sale could be one of them, but, there are 2 others I can think of off hand at the moment:

1. Strategic Partnerships/investments (like what HTC might be entertaining)
    2. Licensing WebOS to other smartphone companies like Google does with Andriod, but, for licensing fees to produce revenue

"The more I learn, the more I realize just how little I really do know!" -Albert Einstein

9. dpc
    Global Posts
    439 Global Posts
    I don't think the guy's a liar.
    Global Posts
    627 Global Posts
    I don't see where he lied.

Read very closely what he has said and keep in perspective what could be considered insider information which could not have been publicly disclosed. I doubt you will discover he "lied".

This is just business and we are smartphone owners/lease holders. Get over it.

Working for a company that has purchased other companies in the past, this is a common practice when something is going on. The plan is to STICK TO THE STORY so as to not affect stock prices in one direction or the other. SEC takes this very seriously.
    Dan
    OP's just trolling, but in case he is not, Palm is not going to get bought out the same week they announce they are up for sale.