1.    #1  
    I seem to have a problem where my Treo 180 vibrates that a new SMS message has come in, but when I look at the screen, nothing is there. After resetting the phone module and waiting about 15 seconds, I get the message that there as SMS messages on my SIM. I have disabled all hacks, TC Ringer, etc. and it still happens.

Has anyone else seen anything like this?

Thanks.
    I do not ahve this problem personally and have never such a problem. Have you tried the dreaded hard reset?
  3.    #3  
    Originally posted by yardie
    I do not ahve this problem personally and have never such a problem. Have you tried the dreaded hard reset?
    That's painful :-) Using PrefEd, I just deleted all the GSM! preferences and will give it a try to see if maybe one of the preference was corrupted. There definitely was a preference which tells which app is registered for SMS as it was filled with 'SMSh' which is the SMS app's signature. In this process, I determined that the SMS application incorrectly registers its preferences as 'Smsm'. An application should use the same preference creator code as the application itself.
  4.    #4  
    I did a hard reset on my unit and after about 10 minutes, the problem reappeared (without installing anything on it). After some more investigation, it looks like mobile to mobile SMS messages work fine; it is only email to SMS (via Cingular) that have a problem. My guess is now that it is a Cingular program, but I'm going to call Handspring (this is my last week of free tech support).
    While not exactly similar, could it be that you have the problem that is discussed on the following page?

http://support.handspring.com/esuppo...197&ResType=il
    While not exactly similar, could it be that you have the problem that is discussed on the following page?
    I have a similar problem - I get blank SMS messages from 100 and 1100 (I'm on Orange in the UK) - I installed the patch but it didn't fix the problem.

I'm not going to worry about it too much until they fix the hanging up headset thing - don't want them to have too much to work on!!!
    Well, I've just got a replacement unit and it has the same problem although with regular SMS (mobile to mobile). Sometimes there is a beep for an incoming SMS, but nothing changes in the SMS application list - the message just dissapears.

I've written to HS, still no answer.

Has anybody figured that out please ?

thanks
    regards
    Boris.
    Well, I figured out what the problem is. Those SMS don't dissapear, they get written to the SIM card. To move them from SIM to Treo I have to turn off the phone, then turn it on.

Hmmm... Weird... Will keep trying things...
    I have sms problem in my Treo 270. I am in Indonesia.
    when received sms, the tone ringing but sms not appear. I have to turn off and turn on the radio ( cellular ) and move the sms from sim card to my treo.

I contacted to HS but always said to hard reset. Hard reset did not solve the problem.

The problem occur if The radio turn on more than 5 minutes. But the sms function always normal before 5 minutes. ( I get new sms normal to my treo if I turn on the radio not more than 5 minutes).

So , I have to always turn off - turn on again my treo 270 to see if get a new sms. Unbeliveble !
    I have the same problem. I've contacted HS - they suggested to replace the unit, it seems to be a HW problem. I'm also getting a lot of Fatal Errors (reset) lately on SMS...
    I have new Treo 270. after use for almost 1 month. I wonder about sms problem that I got !

If cellular active more than 5-10 minutes. Every new sms, only ring that I get. But I don't see the message. I can read the new message after I turn off and turn on again the radio mode ( cellular mode ) wait 18 second than notification pop-up tell me that I have at least 1 message in my Sim card.

Anyone get the some problem with me ?

I have contacted Handspring but they cannot solve the problem. I try to hard-reset almost 20 times but it's useless.

So I dissapointed, Treo 270 is not good product.

I hope someone can solve this problem may be software that can automaticly transfer sms message from SIM CARD to Treo 270 continously may be every 5 minute. So we don't have to turn off & turn on again the Treo 270 if want to see the new sms.

my email : sliders@davidsmagic.com

Handspring HELP ME !!!
    it happens similar behaviour here with all Treo I had in the past (3, all of them broke by theirselves, currently waiting to replace latest one):

- hard reset, ie. no 3rd party software installed (for testing purposes!)
    - power up the wireless
    - after about 10 seconds, a fatal exception appears
    - soft reset, then power up the wireless
    - after about 10 seconds, the dialog "at least one SMS message... SIM..." appears
    - select to Copy, go to SMS and I see (at least) one blank SMS message

then, I know that was a real filled message sent by a friend of mine; in other words, I lost it.
    matro 180->270->600->650->750v->680->Pro
    I hard-reset my treo 270 with no 3rd party installed. So my TREO 270 100% default. The problem still occured in more than 5-10 minutes after cellular on. New sms cannot appear on my Treo and I turned it off and turn on again wait 18 second , notification pop up " at least 1 sms in my sim card ", choose "yes" and the last new sms appear....

Handspring ! Please solve the problem. Treo 270 is Expensive but only get "full problems" technology !

If Handspring read this and want to contact me please email me :
    sliders@davidsmagic.com

or everyone that can solve my problem with my New Treo 270. I always "welcome" and thanks to you all whom read this message.

SMS PROBLEM IN MY TREO 270 DISAPPEARED AFTER INSTALL GPRS UPDATE !

THANK YOU TO HANDSPRING !!! GOOD WORK !
    MY TREO270 IS IN THE BEST CONDITION NOW ...
    IT'S GREAT !!! FULL WORKING PROPERLY !!

REGARDS,
    HENSEM FROM INDONESIA

Download 6.5 MB
    http://www.handspring.grandtech.com/GPRS_upgrade.exe

WARNING : This GPRS UPDATE FOR ASIA ONLY ( SINGAPORE )

The GPRS Upgrade is being made available to limited audiences in Singapore and New Zealand in conjunction with local mobile operators, in addition to our distributor GrandTech. Very soon we will launch a GPRS Upgrade for all of our customers worldwide and we suggest that you wait for this version if you do not live in the countries mentioned above. We cannot guarantee your experience nor will we support it if you choose to use a version of the upgrade that has not been released in your market with your mobile operator. If you decide to execute the download, please be aware that you will not be able to re-install the original ROM should you encounter difficulties with the software. Handspring will roll out GPRS to broader markets worldwide over the next several months and we urge you to wait until your mobile operator is supported before installing the GPRS Upgrade on your Treo Communicator.
    Scott, I had the same problem with my treo 180. Unluckily Handspring had no solution for me, and I just ened up living with it...
    -Michael Ducker
    TreoCentral Staff
    i have the same problem on my replacement treo 270 i get the beeping sound and when i go to look at the sms it goes to the last application i was in. waiting for my 2nd replacement
    fred
    Global Posts
    194 Global Posts
    Originally posted by borisbob
    Well, I figured out what the problem is. Those SMS don't dissapear, they get written to the SIM card. To move them from SIM to Treo I have to turn off the phone, then turn it on.

Hmmm... Weird... Will keep trying things...
    I am experiencing exactly the same problem with my old VisorPhone. Obviously, it is an old bug which HS still hasn't solved.

btw, I once had a problem because my SIM card got full off messages and I couldn't recieve SMS any more. The only solution (because there's no such app available) I found was switching the card to regular GSM phone and erasing the messages.

bottom line conslusion for me -> SMS app is still pretty poor and handling SIM card is even worse. Still waiting for good third party app to appear.

Kreso
    I used to have the SMS problem too but ever since running the GPRS upgrade I have not seen the SMS problem reappear on my Treo. I guess Handspring has fixed the issue in the GPRS upgrade.

If I am ever faced with such a choice, I would rather run the upgrade then run the risk of replaceing my Treo.

Regards.