1.    #1  
    With all of these buyout rumors, do you guys still think that palm will come out with a new phone? Or even making the pre plus come to sprint by the summer. Also if palm doesnt make a new phone when do u think the next webos phone will come out?
    I got a feeling you've seen the final flagship dock at the harbor.....
    I think it might be somewhat likely that we will see at least one more palm branded phone. If they do get acquired, it will probably take some time for the deal to finalize, and I'm sure palm has a device that has been goin through development for awhile now. They did not just release a pre and a pixi, upgrade them slightly and then say "well, lets just keep selling these exact same phones till the end of time"
    check out Rubenstein's interview today in slash dot. It's clear they are still going full steam ahead with fufure products.
    There is no reason for Palm to hold back on their next device. If they are acquired by another company, it will take quite a bit of time to merge their prospective products. At least a year, I would say.
    The new device is clearly somewhere pretty deep in the pipeline.. I expect they also learned their lessons and expect a much more successful launch. Honestly I think the company is potentially on the cusp of a turn around now. I didnt think 2009 was the year but 2010 is still early and with all the new carriers and some pdk availability now and apps still arriving with a growing user base do to carrier and pricing it is possible that things are going to look a bit less grim. Guess I am the contrarian...
    Quote Originally Posted by abbodabbodo View Post
    The new device is clearly somewhere pretty deep in the pipeline.. I expect they also learned their lessons and expect a much more successful launch. Honestly I think the company is potentially on the cusp of a turn around now. I didnt think 2009 was the year but 2010 is still early and with all the new carriers and some pdk availability now and apps still arriving with a growing user base do to carrier and pricing it is possible that things are going to look a bit less grim. Guess I am the contrarian...
    according to rumors, sprint is getting a 4g device.Unfortunately for palm, sprint has stated that the evo will remain their flagship device for over 6 months. (according to a trusted source the pre2 will release end of summer/early fall...)
    Nimer;

Im hoping that the evo stays thier flagship device, because PALM doesnt do another "single carrier exclusive" launch..

Id much rather see a wide range of c40's available to all carries/users around the world, even if in limited quantity production, because, if its a good phone, demand will be high, and PALM will benefit greatly!
    "The more I learn, the more I realize just how little I really do know!" -Albert Einstein

What ever cash ($590M) Palm has left should mostly go towards R&D. I expect one more new phone from Palm.
    All I have to say is that Palm needs to stick to its heritage and keep their device with a physical keyboard. This is Palms main differentiation from everyone else. Though I am not totally against having a touch keybaord IN ADDITION to the physical one. Some people have made some really good mockups of Pre2, think Palm should take from their ideas.

The Pre2 needs the following in general to keep tradition YET keep up with the expanding market:

-Physical keyboard & on screen keyboard
    -Micro SD card slot
    -1GHz processor (with CPU scaling for battery conservation)
    -512MB Ram
    -Touchscreen equivalent in size to Pre (or slgihtly bigger for some people)
    -WiFi
    -Desktop sync solution
    -1400 mAh battery as least (and removeable of course)

Rest is minor details (LED screen etc)
    Quote Originally Posted by DJeremyC View Post
    All I have to say is that Palm needs to stick to its heritage and keep their device with a physical keyboard. This is Palms main differentiation from everyone else. Though I am not totally against having a touch keybaord IN ADDITION to the physical one. Some people have made some really good mockups of Pre2, think Palm should take from their ideas.

The Pre2 needs the following in general to keep tradition YET keep up with the expanding market:

-Micro SD card slot
    -512MB Ram
    -WiFi
    -Desktop sync solution

That actually sounds about right...hopefully they nail that...for the bragging rights Id say the screen has to be closer in size to the top selling phones...droid and iphone. They could also refresh the pre and pixi "guts" and keep all 3 form factors.
    Global Posts
    806 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by DJeremyC View Post

-Micro SD card slot
    -512MB Ram
    -WiFi
    -Desktop sync solution

I'd be shocked if the new device didn't have Wifi, physical keyboard, 1 Ghz processor, 512 Mb ram, and a larger touchscreen. I'd be happy but surprised if there was an onscreen keyboard and a SD slot. There already are multiple desktop sync solutions. They really need better build quality, longer battery life, and more APIs for this device to succeed. I think they also need to release it with Webos 2.0. The rumor is it is a 4g device, so it has potential to be a winner. Let's hope Palm lasts long enough to knock this out of the park.